Thanksgiving Messages to Write in a Card
Wondering what to write in a Thanksgiving card? Sending a thoughtful card is a great idea when you can't make it to Thanksgiving dinner. If coming up with a special and unique message for relatives or friends is a challenge for you, then be thankful for the Internet! Use these ideas to get started writing a sincere and personal message. Combine or change them as needed, to create a greeting that works for you.
Thanksgiving Message Examples
- May your belly be full and your heart full of joy!
- Besides the food, my friends and family are the most important part of a great Thanksgiving.
- I enjoy being with my favorite people on my favorite holiday.
- I'm thankful for people like you who give me a reason to be thankful.
- Thanksgiving is just one short moment of the year. I have 365 days to be grateful for my friends so dear.
- I'm mostly thankful for friends like you this Thanksgiving.
- I am wishing many blessings to you this Thanksgiving. May we all realize the most important things for which to give thanks.
- We have much to be thankful for in this family. Our family has been blessed. Happy Thanksgiving!
- I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.
- I am very thankful for you and for the relationship that God has blessed us with. We have so much and I look forward to many more blessings God has in store for us.
- I've decided to be grateful instead of just thankful. I'm bringing some attitude to the Thanksgiving table.
- I wish I could be with you this Thanksgiving. You'll be in my heart.
- Let's not forget our gracious Lord as we are counting our blessings.
- I hope you are blessed with many reasons to be thankful this Thanksgiving.
- I am thankful for good friends like you.
- May you have an abundance of things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
- I am thankful for the excuse to see family like you at this time of the year.
- "Happy Turkey Day!" said no turkey ever.
- The two best parts of Thanksgiving come after dinner: the nap and the leftovers.
- This is just a card, but you can't complain. It's Thanksgiving!
- I'm thankful that Thanksgiving comes only once a year. Too much of a good thing can be bad, like pumpkin pie or family.
- This year I'm thankful that I don't have to actually leave the house to do my black Friday shopping.
- Thanksgiving is like a convention for gluttony. What a great American holiday!
- Remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving this year. It's the day before black Friday!
- Instead of football games after Thanksgiving dinner, we should watch competitive eating.
- Two parts to Thanksgiving: the thanks part and the giving part. It's a cyclical mystery.
Thanksgiving Text Messages
• May your gathering be as fun as it is tasty!
• It's the best Thursday of the year!
• Thank goodness it's Thanksgiving!
- I'm thankful for not having to sit at the "kid" table at Thanksgiving this year.
- What irony to have a holiday about being Thankful right before the largest shopping day of the year.
- You are what you eat! That makes us all turkeys.
- After the gobble gobble comes the snooze snooze.
- Two things are always plentiful at Thanksgiving: food and family. I hope you get to enjoy at least one of the two.
- Without Thanksgiving, everyone would be in a bad mood at Christmas time. It's tough to be in a bad mood when you're well-fed and focused on being grateful.
- Let's take a moment of silence for all the turkeys on all the tables across the country. OK, that was long enough. Let's eat!
- I love the turkey. I love the pie. If I said I didn't love you as much as Thanksgiving, it would be a lie.
- At our Thanksgiving gathering, there's always a turkey in attendance. We also have a cooked bird on the table that we all eat.
1. Make a list of things you are thankful for. Choose your top ten things and write them on your card. It might be a good idea to mention the person you are sending the card to as someone you are thankful for.
2. Make a joke about eating too much, or turkey, or seeing family. These are the funny things about Thanksgiving that are OK to joke about.
3. Make your Thanksgiving message part of a holiday message that includes Christmas and New Years too. This is a more efficient way to send out holiday cards.
Words Related to Thanksgiving to Use in Your Card
Happy Thanksgiving Wishes
The Best Thing about Thanksgiving
What is the best thing about Thanksgiving?See results without voting
More by this Author
These examples of anniversary wishes can help you determine what to write in an anniversary card. Celebrate love together with written words that are meaningful, delightful, inspiring, or funny.
Words have the power to tear down or build people up. Use these words of encouragement to help someone who needs a little inspiration. These are encouraging quotes.
Use these thank you card messages to help you with wording for your card. Expressing your gratitude and saying thanks can be difficult. Edit these to fit your situation.