Things to Write in a Religious Get Well Card
Receiving a card when you are sick or going through a longer-term illness can mean so much. There are ideas here that can help you come up with the right words for a difficult time. Consider putting a smile on someone's face today that needs it. Or you may encourage their spirits by sending an uplifting note or card.
This article isn't just for religious people but includes many get well sentiments that include mention of God, for example. I personally think God can bring personal comfort in a very real way to people that are struggling and hurting and have heard many stories that are a testament to that. Even if you are not a believer in God, you can find ideas here to use in cards that can be adapted for wishing people well that are struggling with their health in one way or another.
Get Well Greetings or Messages
- A Get Well Prayer—May the peace and comfort from God surround during your time of recovery. Get Well Soon.
- May God's unfailing love and care surround you while you recuperate.
- Thinking of you during this time of illness, and praying you will find strength in the Lord and his never ending supply of love.
- I am praying that you get well very soon.
- Jesus came to comfort, heal and restore. May you find comfort in knowing that God keeps his promises and in the hope he offers to his children.
- Praying God's richest blessings upon your situation, as you recover.
- May He bless your day today. There are brighter days that lie ahead for the child of God that puts their trust in Him.
- Praying for you today, that you will sense God's nearness to you and the certainty of His love for you. Get Well Soon.
- Now is a great time to remember that while we cannot see God, we can know of his faithfulness to us during the hard times as well. Praying for you today.
- God cares and hears our prayers, and I am praying for you today.
- At no time, nor in any way, will God ever fail His Children. May God keep you in his care as you recover.
- Hope each new day finds you stronger and full of joy. God Bless You.
- Praying today for your recovery—It's so good to know that we can always call on Him, should sickness come our way. I hope you get well soon.
- Praying for you to feel God's comfort and presence while you are recovering. May He strengthen your heart and your answer for all your needs.
- Praying that God will heal you and give you a peace from His presence as well as the comfort of His love.
- I am praying today for a speedy recovery. May the hand of the Lord rest upon you as you recover and heal.
- I heard that you are feeling a little bit under the weather. I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers while you recover.
- May God who encourages us, and gives us strength and healing do so for you now. I pray you will feel encouraged in the coming days.
- We are thinking of you and praying for you today, that you will sense God's caring presence and strength in your life. Hoping that you feel better real soon.
- Praying that God makes you feel better soon.
- The God that has so much love for you, will also be sure to bring your healing too! Get well very soon!
- While you are healing, you can be that I will be kneeling, keeping you in my prayers.
- Praying God's Blessings for you as you recover.
- Praying for your recovery today. It is so comforting to know that we can call on God when illness comes our way. I hope you get well soon.
- Praying for your healing, to the God that gives us encouragement, strength, and can restore your health. Get well soon.
- Thinking of you today and praying that you feel the power of God in your life as you heal. I pray that he will bring you rest and peace as you get better.
- We heard that you were feeling a bit droopy, and wanted to send some thoughts and prayers your way. Get well soon.
- Praying for a very quick recovery. God Bless you as you heal in the coming days.
Verses From the Bible That Might be Good to Add to a Get Well Card
- "Let the peace of God rule in your hearts." Colossians 3:15
- "I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart.... I will sing praise to thy name." Psalm 9:1-2
- "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him and I am helped." Psalm 28:7
- "The God of love and peace shall be with you." II Corinthians 13:11
- "Never will I leave thee nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5
- "Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24
- "Truly my soul waits upon God: from Him comes my salvation." Psalm 62:1
- "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength...." Isaiah 40:31
- "The Lord will bless His people with peace." Psalm 29:11
- "Call unto Me, and I will answer thee...." Jeremiah 33:3
- "His compassions, they fail not. They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
- "And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth His hand, and touched them...." Mark 1:41
- "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." I Peter 5:7
- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1
- "I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health." III John 1:2
- "Call unto me and I will answer you...." Jeremiah 33:3
My hope is that something here may be an encouragement to someone who is not well, or under the weather that can use some encouragement. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read.
Questions & Answers
© 2012 Paula