Wishes and Prayers to Write in a Religious "Get Well Soon" Card
Receiving a card when you are temporarily sick or going through a longer-term illness can mean so much. If you know someone who isn't feeling well, consider putting a smile on their face and boosting their spirits by sending an encouraging note or card. Here are some ideas to help you come up with the right words to lift someone up during a difficult time.
This article isn't just for religious people, but it does include many get-well sentiments that include mention of God. Personally, I think God can bring tremendous comfort to those that are struggling or hurting, and I have heard many stories that are a testament to that. Even if you or the person you are writing to don't believe in God, you can still use the ideas here for inspiration or revise them so they don't include religious content. Taking a moment to wish someone well during their time of need is a loving and meaningful gesture whether the content of your message is religious or secular.
Christian Messages for Someone Who Isn't Feeling Well
- May the peace and comfort of God surround you during your time of recovery. Get well soon.
- May God's unfailing love and care surround you while you recuperate.
- I am thinking of you during this time of illness and praying that you find strength in the Lord and his never-ending supply of love.
- I am praying that you get well very soon.
- May you find comfort in knowing that Jesus came to love, heal, and restore. God keeps his promises and offers hope to all of his children.
- I'm praying for God's richest blessings to shine upon your situation as you recover.
- May He bless your day today. There are brighter days that lie ahead for the child of God that puts their trust in Him.
- I'm praying for you today. I pray that you sense God's nearness to you and the certainty of His love for you. Get well soon.
- Now is a great time to remember that while we cannot see God, we can know of his faithfulness to us during the hard times as well as the good. I'm praying for you today.
- God cares about us and hears our prayers, and I am praying for you today.
- At no time and in no way will God ever fail His children. May God keep you in his care as you recover.
- I hope each new day finds you stronger and fuller with joy. God bless you.
- I'm praying for your recovery today—It's so good to know that we can always call on Him should sickness come our way. I hope you get well soon.
- I'm praying for you to feel God's comfort and presence while you are recovering. May He strengthen your heart and be the answer to all your needs.
- I'm praying that God will heal you and give you peace and comfort with His presence and love.
- I am praying today for your speedy recovery. May the hand of the Lord rest upon you as you recover and heal.
- I heard that you are feeling a little bit under the weather. I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers while you recover.
- May God encourage you and give you strength and healing. I pray you will feel encouraged in the coming days.
- We are thinking of you and praying for you today. We pray that you will sense God's caring presence and strength in your life. We hope you feel better real soon.
- We are praying that God helps you feel better soon.
- The God that has so much love for you will bring you healing too. Get well very soon!
- While you are healing, you can rest assured that I will be kneeling and keeping you in my prayers.
- May God bless you as you recover.
- I'm praying for your healing today. I am praying for God to give you encouragement and strength and restore your health. Get well soon.
- I'm thinking of you today and praying that you feel the power of God in your life as you heal. I pray that he brings you rest and peace as you get better.
- We heard that you were feeling a bit droopy and wanted to send some thoughts and prayers your way. Get well soon.
- We are praying for you to have a very quick recovery. May God bless you as you heal in the coming days.
Bible Verses to Add to a Get-Well Card
- "Let the peace of God rule in your hearts." —Colossians 3:15
- "I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart . . . I will sing praise to thy name." —Psalm 9:1–2
- "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him and I am helped." —Psalm 28:7
- "The God of love and peace shall be with you." —II Corinthians 13:11
- "Never will I leave thee nor forsake thee." —Hebrews 13:5
- "Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." —Psalm 31:24
- "Truly my soul waits upon God: from Him comes my salvation." —Psalm 62:1
- "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength." —Isaiah 40:31
- "The Lord will bless His people with peace." —Psalm 29:11
- "Call unto Me, and I will answer thee." —Jeremiah 33:3
- "His compassions, they fail not. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness." —Lamentations 3:22–23
- "And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth His hand, and touched them." —Mark 1:41
- "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." —I Peter 5:7
- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." —Psalm 46:1
- "I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health." —III John 1:2
- "Call unto me and I will answer you." —Jeremiah 33:3
My hope is that something here may be an encouragement to someone who is unwell or under the weather. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read. I'm sure the recipient of your get-well message will be delighted by your thoughtful gesture.
© 2012 Paula