Maria is from Melbourne, Australia. She writes poetry and song lyrics collaborating with musicians who give life to her words through music.
25 Ways to Say "Thank You"
Are you sometimes at a loss for words when you wish to say "thank you" to someone special for a gift or for an act of kindness? Here is a list I put together to help you write a good thank-you note expressing your gratitude.
- Friends like you are a rare gift. Many thanks for all you have done for me.
- May I extend to you a heartfelt thanks for your kind gesture today. I will be forever grateful.
- The kind words you spoke and the memorable thoughts you expressed were priceless and the way you made us all feel cannot easily be forgotten. Much love and many thanks.
- Thank you for your thoughtfulness. You are a true treasure to me.
- Thanks for all you’ve done for me. You always make a difference to my life.
- A heartfelt thanks to you. Your kind gesture will remain in my memory forever.
- Thanks for everything and for being there. You are a gift to my life.
- Your generosity has totally overwhelmed me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- Only a good friend like you could have known exactly what I needed today. Thanks for knowing me so well.
- What would I have done without you today? Many thanks and much love.
- Your generosity reflects just how much of a beautiful kind soul you are. How can I ever thank you enough?
- I’ll be forever thankful for the gift of time and the kindness you extended to me today. What would I do without you?
- Your kind deed changed my life. I cannot thank you enough.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart my dear friend. I will always be indebted to you.
- Your kind gift put a big smile of my face today. I’m still smiling and I’m so thankful to have you in my life.
- You are so special to me. I received your surprise gift today which brought me so much joy. Thank you.
- I want to express my sincere gratitude for what you did for me today. It was an act of generosity I have rarely witnessed. You have earned my admiration and respect and once again, I thank you.
- Words cannot express all that I wish to say to you after what you did for me. I am so overwhelmed and speechless that all I can manage to say right this minute is, thank you, thank you and thank you.
- Thank you for thinking of me and for the invitation. I accept with gratitude and look forward to attending your party.
- My daughter's academic progress this year can be greatly attributable to your caring attention and guidance and my husband and I would like to extend a very heartfelt thank you to you for everything you have done for her.
- How sweet you are to send me such lovely flowers. They have brightened my home and lifted my spirits. Every time I look at them, I not only feel joy but I am reminded of how grateful I am to have you in my life.
- What wonderful news in your letter which I received today! Thank you for letting me know so soon. I am so delighted and grateful that you are able to assist me with my travel plans. Thank you so much.
- Thank you for looking after my children. You were there for me and offered your help with so little prior notice. I don't know what I would have done without you. Thank you and God bless.
- Thanks for the lift the other day. I don't know how I would have attended my interview on time without your help. Thanks for coming to my rescue!
- Thank you for a great night out. I want to show my appreciation for all you've done for me lately. Would you be interested in coming over for a little dinner party next Saturday? I hope you like Italian cuisine!
If you can think of some more alternatives, please mention them in the comments section below, and I will be happy to add them to my list (citing you as the author).
Let's see how long we can make this list!
© 2010 Maria D'Alessandro
Alina Banathy on May 23, 2019:
Wow! I have learnt so much from you guys and thank you for sharing inspirating words on how to express gratitude
Cyrus G. Fallah on December 14, 2018:
Words are inadequate to express knowledge achieved after reading your inspirational thoughts, thanks a lot.
Anshika on July 05, 2018:
Dave Finney on July 01, 2018:
That has really cheered me up. But after Christmas, I will miss certain friend
Lakshmi on June 25, 2018:
Thank you so much
vijaya on May 16, 2018:
honurable guestyou visited pgm need to thank him
Kary rozie on April 30, 2018:
john on December 20, 2017:
thank you for your post.it just awesome.
Nanette from Anchorage Alaska on April 24, 2017:
Your kindness blinded me and restored my faith in humanity. I cannot begin to thank you enough.
Judith on August 12, 2016:
You offer sincere and succinct means of expressing appreciation in a variety of circumstances. How grateful many of us are for your supportive help in wordsmithing our best possible expressions of gratitude.
MFON IDIO on December 08, 2015:
IM SO XCITED ABOUT YOUR WRITE UP. IT MAKES EASY TO APPRECIATE SOMEONE
Magdalene. on September 09, 2014:
Thank you so much,sometime people one to express their thanks and appreciations but not knowing how.
Johne154 on August 18, 2014:
If you are going for best contents like myself, simply go to see this site all gadfkgedefag
lebogang molopo on March 26, 2014:
I'm very glad and happy to read your inspirational and motivational words. My life had change since iv read this.God bless you
Robert Zimmerman on May 09, 2010:
I am always born again and again when I read your indelible words of grace, sensitivity, maturity and intelligence!