How to Say "Thank You" in Writing: 25 Ideas
25 Ways to Say "Thank You"
Are you sometimes at a loss for words when you wish to say "thank you" to someone special for a gift or for an act of kindness? Here is a list I put together to help you write a good thank-you note expressing your gratitude.
- Friends like you are a rare gift. Many thanks for all you have done for me.
- May I extend to you a heartfelt thanks for your kind gesture today. I will be forever grateful.
- The kind words you spoke and the memorable thoughts you expressed were priceless and the way you made us all feel cannot easily be forgotten. Much love and many thanks.
- Thank you for your thoughtfulness. You are a true treasure to me.
- Thanks for all you’ve done for me. You always make a difference to my life.
- A heartfelt thanks to you. Your kind gesture will remain in my memory forever.
- Thanks for everything and for being there. You are a gift to my life.
- Your generosity has totally overwhelmed me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- Only a good friend like you could have known exactly what I needed today. Thanks for knowing me so well.
- What would I have done without you today? Many thanks and much love.
- Your generosity reflects just how much of a beautiful kind soul you are. How can I ever thank you enough?
- I’ll be forever thankful for the gift of time and the kindness you extended to me today. What would I do without you?
- Your kind deed changed my life. I cannot thank you enough.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart my dear friend. I will always be indebted to you.
- Your kind gift put a big smile of my face today. I’m still smiling and I’m so thankful to have you in my life.
- You are so special to me. I received your surprise gift today which brought me so much joy. Thank you.
- I want to express my sincere gratitude for what you did for me today. It was an act of generosity I have rarely witnessed. You have earned my admiration and respect and once again, I thank you.
- Words cannot express all that I wish to say to you after what you did for me. I am so overwhelmed and speechless that all I can manage to say right this minute is, thank you, thank you and thank you.
- Thank you for thinking of me and for the invitation. I accept with gratitude and look forward to attending your party.
- My daughter's academic progress this year can be greatly attributable to your caring attention and guidance and my husband and I would like to extend a very heartfelt thank you to you for everything you have done for her.
- How sweet you are to send me such lovely flowers. They have brightened my home and lifted my spirits. Every time I look at them, I not only feel joy but I am reminded of how grateful I am to have you in my life.
- What wonderful news in your letter which I received today! Thank you for letting me know so soon. I am so delighted and grateful that you are able to assist me with my travel plans. Thank you so much.
- Thank you for looking after my children. You were there for me and offered your help with so little prior notice. I don't know what I would have done without you. Thank you and God bless.
- Thanks for the lift the other day. I don't know how I would have attended my interview on time without your help. Thanks for coming to my rescue!
- Thank you for a great night out. I want to show my appreciation for all you've done for me lately. Would you be interested in coming over for a little dinner party next Saturday? I hope you like Italian cuisine!
If you can think of some more alternatives, please mention them in the comments section below, and I will be happy to add them to my list (citing you as the author).
Let's see how long we can make this list!
© 2010 Maria D'Alessandro