As a married mother of two, I have many things to share and have been writing online for many years.
How to Encourage Someone Today
Life is precious, but it can often be hard for people at times. Sending a note of encouragement could be just what they need to make it through that day or week. I hope some of the ideas below help you to encourage someone today or to get an idea of what you would like to say.
15 Messages to Write in an Encouragement Card
- I am thinking of you today and hope you can gain strength from those that love and care about you.
- Letting you know that you are loved and thought of today. Have a great week!
- No matter where you go and no matter what you do, I hope you know that I am here thinking of you! Sending love and warm thoughts.
- Going through life can be hard at times, but I hope you know I am always here to lend an ear if you need it.
- For my friend—I hope things are looking up for you soon. Hang in there!
- I know that things will get better in time. Hang in there, and know that I am here for you, dear friend.
- Sending you warm thoughts during this difficult time. I hope things will be looking up really soon.
- During some of the hardest times in my past, you were there for me. I want to be there in the same way for you too. Things may look bleak at the moment, but I trust they will get better soon.
- Looking back over our hard times, we realize we might never have seen the rainbows that come from the dark storms of life. Hang in there, things will look better in the future.
- You are much stronger than you may think—keep your head up. The best is yet to come.
- When it seems that things are not going your way, life often comes around with a bright and brand new day. I hope you feel encouraged today.
- Always remember how much you are loved. Sending love to you today!
- Sending love and caring thoughts your way.
- Wishing peace for your heart today and always.
- I'm thinking of you and wanted to let you know I'm here to support you. Please let me know if you need anything, and I'd be happy to help.
Pick Up the Phone and Give Them a Call
Finally, if you take the time to show that you care through a note, card, phone call, or email, you can make a huge difference in the life of another human being! Even if you didn't find something you can use here, hopefully, it helped to generate some ideas of your own.
I think part of what makes a note or card so special is that they are getting rarer as time goes by. Be the one to take initiative and brighten another person's day. It is a great way to spread some cheer and joy in this precious life that is flying by all too quickly.
If you ever received a nice card or note in the mail, would consider sharing in the comments below how much it meant to you or why it was special? Thank you so much.
Recently Retired on September 09, 2020:
I was browsing and found your website. I want to thank you for giving great ideals on what to say on a card. Since I have retired, I started sending encouragement cards to church members and friends.. I believe like you, cards are rare and it is nice to get a card of encouragement from others. God Bless you in all you do..
Paula (author) from The Midwest, USA on June 12, 2012:
Hello Teacher, I am so glad to hear that! I have been in somewhat similar situations, or sent a note like that before. It can mean so very much to the person on the receiving end, as you share! Thank you for your comment.
teacher on June 12, 2012:
In a time when I was confused and uncertian of my abilities and whether or not I was doing the right thing, an encouragement note pulled me out of much of the emotional turmoil.