What to Write in a Religious Sympathy Card
Sending a sympathy card or letter can often express more than what verbal words can say, especially to a person who has just lost someone or is experiencing an extremely difficult time in their life. The time it takes for a person to physically open and read a greeting or sympathy card provides a welcome distraction from painful thoughts, and reminds them they are not alone in the world.
In the last couple of years, I've known a lot of people who have lost loved ones or friends. These sad occurrences have served to remind me of how very precious and short life really is. We need to be in contact with those we love, and prevent time from getting in the way.
Send a note or card, even a very belated one, to someone in need. There is no need to spend a lot of money on an expensive card. It's the thought that counts.
I received one of the most precious letters from my brother after my father passed away last year. My brother's letter means the world to me, and all he did was type, print, fold, and mail it to me. Don't worry too much about the wording, just write from the heart. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Sympathy Greetings and Sentiments
- I hope it helps to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I pray that God comforts you in a way that only He can.
- Praying for you today. I am so sorry for your loss.
- My sincerest condolences for the loss of your father. I will be praying for you.
- Sending our sincerest condolences for your loss. We are praying that God gives you His overwhelming peace and hope today.
- No matter what is going on in our lives, God knows exactly what we need and when. My prayers for you during this time of loss. I pray you feel the love and comfort of God today.
No matter what is going on in our lives, God knows exactly what we need and when. My prayers for you during this time of loss. I pray you feel the love and comfort of God today.
- Sending prayers and love to you and your family during this time. We are so sorry for your loss.
- I am asking that God fills your heart and mind with hope and peace that surpasses all understanding.
- Today, I am praying that you will be surrounded with God's comforting love. So sorry for your loss.
- I just want you to know I will be praying you find assurance in God's word, peace in the presence He gives, and comfort in His unwavering love. Sending my heartfelt sympathy.
- During this time of loss, I hope that you sense God's love clearly and that it brings you comfort. Sending love and prayers.
- May God and the caring love and thoughts from others help you to get through your sorrow.
- May you find rest and comfort in the love and hope of God, and others that surround you.
- My prayer is that you feel God's love and comfort as you mourn the loss of your loved one.
- Praying for you during this time of loss.
- Sending caring thoughts and love during this difficult time. I am praying for you.
- I pray you find comfort in Jesus during this time of sorrow.
- Praying for peace for your heart during this time.
- Thinking of you and praying for you today.
- Praying that you feel God's love and peace in a very real way today.
- Praying for your family during this time of loss.
- Praying that God will shower you with blessings. May He comfort you in your time of sorrow.
- Through God's Love and divine understanding, I pray that He grant you the kind of comfort that He alone can give.
- In Christ's loving arms, there is enough strength to carry you, grace to keep you strong, and more than enough love to carry you through this time. I am so sorry for your loss.
- Our prayer is that you feel the love of God through the prayers, thoughts, and love from the hearts of those who care and share in your time of sorrow.
- Praying that Our Heavenly Father will comfort your heart and bring peace to your spirit during this difficult time.
Bible Verses to Put in a Card
- "Let us come boldly to the very throne of God and stay there to receive His mercy and to find grace to help us in our times of need." Hebrews 4:16
- "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25
- "Pray about everything; tell God your needs... If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus. " Philippians 4:6-7
- "Now the Lord of peace Himself gives you peace always." II Thessalonians 3:16
- "Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4
"Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted."— Matthew 5:4
- "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you." John 14:27
- "Let, I pray Thee, Thy merciful kindness be for my comfort." Psalm 119:76
- "The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." Deuteronomy 33:27
- "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace." Romans 15:13
- "Casting all your care upon Him; for he cares for you." I Peter 5:7
My hope is that you found something here that can be of use to you. If not, I hope these words could act as a springboard in the creation of your own personalized message. I encourage you to think of someone today that can use a note or card, and send that to them. I have been the recipient of such things, and it means the world.