What to Write in an Anniversary Card
How to Write an Anniversary Card
Finding the right words to write in an anniversary card can be daunting when you want to say so much, but can't find the words. Maybe you stopped writing love letters years ago and you're out of practice or perhaps you're just not used to saying how you feel–for whatever reason, it's a great idea to take the time to dig deep and reflect to find just the right words. Anniversaries are a great time to pause and reconnect.
Here are some phrases that will inspire you: feel free to use them as your own or morph the words into what you want to say and make it personal. Feel free to mix and match the phrases to come up with your own unique anniversary greetings.
How to Start a Love Letter
- To My Sweet Tender (Name),
- Dearest Beloved,
- To my heart's keeper,
- To the love of my life,
- Bonjourno Principessa (Italian for Good morning princess),
- My soul mate,
- Je t'adore (French for I adore you)
- Amore Mio! (Italian My Love)
- To my wife,
- To my husband,
- To my one and only,
Take these love phrases and make them personal by completing the sentence.
- You take my breath away when...
- I adore you because...
- You make my life complete by...
- My love is real because...
- I like it best when it is just you and me...
- I am reminded of our love by the little things you do...
- When I hear this song (name song) I think about how special you are to me...
- I hear the beating of my heart when....
- I love it when I catch you looking at me and we...
- The warmth that you bring by your touch...
- Today it is all about you and me, today I remember my favorite times of us...
- Remember all the miles we have driven together, sometimes yelling at each other, sometimes singing songs, sometimes one of us is driving while the other is sleeping, and sometimes just being still and holding hands -- nothing would make me more happier than to put more miles on our relationship and continue our journey together...
- There is no one I would rather slope into in the middle of the bed than you.
- You matter to me.
- We love each other in our funny kind of way.
- I have changed throughout the years since we have been married. I changed for the better because of you. Before I couldn't..... but now I can.... because of your love.
- On our anniversary I am so glad I get a chance to tell you how lucky I am to have you in my life as my husband/wife.
- You are like wine, you keep getting better with age. I can't believe 10 (x) years have gone by. I can't wait to see what the next 10 (x) years will bring us.
- One day I leapt and trusted in our love. I am so glad I did, because my feet have not touched the ground. When the world gets heavy and I am buried down with life, it is you who can sweep me off my feet again and again.
- Your touch electrifies me still. Your kisses still make the hairs on the back of my neck alert for more.
- I remember our wedding day and the thought of us spending the rest of our lives together. I loved you so much that day and remember thinking how our love was perfect and we would be able to keep it for the rest of our lives. Then life happened. We got busy in raising a family, pursuing our careers, trying to keep our heads above the water. What I know now, that I didn't know then, is that I love you more than on our wedding day. The perfect wedding day love, does not compare to the love I feel now.
- I love when you wake up and your hair is in disarray, and there are stains on your pajamas from the kids toothpaste.
- I love how you hustle in the morning trying to get everyone and everything ready for the day and out the door.
- This is the you I think about, the love of my life.
- You are more beautiful to me today and I am so glad on our anniversary we get to celebrate love that continues to grow.
Yearly Gifts (Traditional & Modern)
Fashion Jewelry, Accessories
Pearls, Colored Gems
What to Write When You've Cheated
- This anniversary I am keenly aware of how deeply I hurt you and messed up.
- I broke our vow, the covenant we made together, out of selfishness and being incredibly unjust to you.
- I am mortified by my behavior and even more for the unfair pain and devastation I brought to you and our family.
- On our wedding day we promised for better and worse. I made things worse for you.
- It was you who decided to stick it through and fight for us when you could have walked away.
- It was you who knows the man (woman) you married (x) years ago, even when I lost him (her).
- You demonstrate the better, and I want you to know I am committed to becoming a better spouse to you, because you deserve it.
- Although I have said it many times, I want you to know how so, so, sorry I am.
- On this anniversary I am heartily reminded of the sincerity you promised me. Today, I want to be the sincere one.
- I want you to hear that I vow to be a better man (woman) and to care for and love you the way you deserve.
- I do not expect you to take my words as truth, but know this is my commitment to you and I promise this year on our (#th) anniversary I will demonstrate this commitment and love.
What to Say after a Tough Year
- This past year, we have been through a lot.
- Our relationship has been put to the test.
- We weathered a storm we were not prepared for, and lost some things a long the way. Except we did not lose each other.
- Honey, this year has made me aware of how much I am in love and care deeply about you.
- Although I might not have said the kindest words, did the most caring acts, or provided the attention you deserve, I want you to know today on our anniversary you matter to me.
- I love you. I want to continue to show you how much you mean to me by being a better, more caring and loving spouse.
- Although this year was hard, I know together, we can handle anything.
- There is no one I would rather fight with or for on this earth but you. I love you. Happy anniversary.
How to End a Love Letter
- Tenderly and lovingly, your (name)
- You are never alone,
- Hugs and kisses,
- Devotedly yours,
- Affectionately your soul mate,
- Ever yours, ever more,
- Love you now and forever,
- Till death do us part,
- Your love feels like heaven,
- Love with all my body and soul,
- Adoringly yours,
- Certainly yours forever,
- Rising to meet you wherever you are,
- Always by your side,
What brought you here?
How long have you been with your loved one?
What is your loved one like?
What kind of sentiment will appeal most to your partner?
© 2012 Carly Sullens