100 Process Questions to Bring in the New Year Mindfully: A New Year's Resolution Guide
New Year's Questions
New Year's Eve Questions
A new year is a great opportunity to redesign your life. If your life does not have a road map, it is easy to just meander instead of head towards a goal or direction. Make this next year your best year. Do not meander instead take charge.
Below are 100 questions to help you think about what is most important to you in the new year. Once you know what is important you can begin to design your life towards these goals. The answers are meant to be short phrases or a few words. If at any time you would like to go into more depth in your answer feel free to do so.
For a holiday party idea you can print out the questions and cut them out. You can then put them into a hat and have each guest pick one out and answer the question.
Top 10 Questions to Answer
- What would you try if you knew you could not fail?
- What would you like to be your biggest triumph by the end of the year?
- What advice would you like to give yourself as you begin the New Year?
- What would you be most happy about completing?
- What major indulgence are you willing to experience?
- What would you most like to change about yourself?
- What do you think your biggest risk will be?
- What brings you the most joy and how are you going to have more of that?
- What is one change you could make to your lifestyle that would give you more peace?
- At the end of the year how would you like your life to be transformed?
New Year's Fireworks
10 Questions to Ask About Your Relationships
- What important relationship would you like to improve the most this year?
- How would you like to positively influence the life of a child this year?
- How can you deeply improve your relationship with yourself this year?
- Who or what, other than yourself, are you most committed to loving and serving?
- Name 3 people you would like to spend more time with?
- If your relationships were ideal, what’s one thing that would be different about you?
- Who in your life should be acknowledged more?
- In what ways are you willing to communicate better with others?
- How would others benefit from you taking better care of yourself?
- Is there any relationship you would like to offer forgiveness?
10 Questions About Your Health
- What exercise will you like to try this year?
- What types of food will you like to incorporate more in your diet?
- What health appointment would you like to make that you have been putting off?
- What preventive health measures would you like to incorporate into your daily living?
- What activities would you like to add to manage your stress this year?
- In what ways will you like to model a healthy lifestyle.
- Who is someone that can champion you in your health endeavors?
- If your self worth was not measured on a number on a scale, how would you live?
- What body part needs more attention and loving care?
- What will you be willing to try outside your comfort zone to increase your health?
10 Questions About Your Entertainment
- What book would you like to read by the end of the year?
- What music or art class would you consider taking this year?
- In what ways would you like to begin to journal, write or express yourself?
- What musical artist would you like to see this year live in concert?
- What play would you like to see this year?
- How would you like your style to be different this year?
- How would you like your hair style to be this year?
- How would you like to spend your free time?
- In what ways would you be willing to bring more enjoyment into your life?
- Name 3 people you like to have more fun with.
10 Questions About How You Would Like to Celebrate
- What’s one way you could have more fun in your life?
- Where would you like to go on vacation this year?
- What gift would you like to give yourself this year?
- What gift would you like to give another this year?
- How would you like to celebrate your birthday this year?
- How would you like to celebrate the holidays this year?
- How would you like to celebrate your goals being met?
- If you can throw a 'themed' party for yourself what would be the theme?
- If you could throw a surprise party for someone, who would it be and why?
- Is there a vacation spot you would like to go to?
New Growth in the New Year
10 Questions to Ask About Your Finances
- What’s one thing that you could do to give yourself more peace financially?
- What is the major effort you are planning to improve your financial results?
- What would you like to have saved by the end of the year?
- What debt do you hope to have paid off by the end of the year?
- How would you feel if you knew you had life insurance?
- What is a major purchase you would like to give yourself this year?
- If your self worth was not a number in your bank account how would you feel?
- If you could ask for a raise and it would be granted, what amount of money do you feel your work is worth?
- What financial risk are you willing to take this year?
- What charity or church would you like to support?
10 Questions to Ask About School or Work
- What would be your ideal career – If you could do anything?
- What is one undeveloped talent you are willing to explore?
- What do you want to learn more of?
- How can you get the information you need to advance in your endeavors?
- What is your life really about? What is your purpose?
- What would you like most to be acknowledged for so far in your life?
- What risk are you willing to take this year?
- If you knew you couldn't fail what would you do?
- If the title of your job did not determine your self worth, what would you be doing?
- How would you like to bring more joy into your school or work?
Spiritual Growth in the New Year
10 Questions to Ask About Your Spiritual Life and Existentialism
- How would you like your relationship with God to be?
- What miracle would you like to happen this year?
- What is a loving service you would like to offer this year?
- What piece of unfinished business would you like to bring to a close this year?
- How would you like your impact to be?
- How can you change your current habitat to fully support who you’re becoming?
- Where or with whom do you need to support your spiritual growth?
- If you were not scared what would you do?
- What are you pretending not to know? What truth do you need to know?
- If your life were exclusively oriented around your values, what would that be like?
10 Questions to Ask About Your Time
- Who would you like to spend most of your time with?
- What time waster are you willing to let go?
- How would you know that you were managing your time better?
- If you had one more hour during the day what would you do with it?
- What have you been procrastinating and would like to complete?
- What is your favorite thing to do and how can you make more time to do it?
- What important person in your life needs more of your time?
- How can you redesign your morning to begin your days better?
- How can you add 15 minutes of joy to each day?
- How can you redesign your evening to bring more rest to your nights?
How to Keep a Resolution
10 Fill-in-the-Blank Questions
- I want to repeat...
- I want to lose...
- I want to gain...
- I want to enjoy...
- I want to savor..
- I need more...
- I can succeed with...
- My helpers are...
- I will succeed in...
- What I need to say that I won't...
What Do You Think?
Which statement best describes your feelings about the next year?
Carly Sullens 2012. All Rights Reserved.