Lilly has worked as a blogger & writer for the last 3 years and has great experience in the same. She is always eager to learn new things.
Mother's Day Facts and Ideas
Ever thought of a day without your mother? Would you be the same? Would life be the same? I can’t imagine a single day of my life without my mom. She is an unsaid vital part of my existence!
Though there is no way to thank her enough for everything she has done for you until now, I believe that engaging with her, addressing her concerns, and providing solutions to her problems will bring you both closer to each other. There is no better occasion than this for letting her know that you care, boosting her confidence, and showing that you love her while strengthening your bond.
Mother's Day comes as a reminder each year to acknowledge the tireless contributions a mother or a caregiver makes in the day-to-day lives of a child that is born in their family. Lucky are those who have such strong women in their lives! A Mother endures a lot of pain and sacrifices a lot in her lifetime to keep all family members glued up together. Her invaluable contribution to raising the next generation is immense and cannot be repaid in any form!
"Being a mother is the highest-paid job in the world. Since the payment is in pure love.”
— Amina Sambo
The Origin of Mother's Day
The official Mother’s Day holiday came about in the 1900s as a result of Anna Jarvis, daughter of Ann Reeves Jarvis. Mrs. Jarvis spent her entire life mobilizing mothers and resources to assist families in taking care of their children. Anna Jarvis wanted to honor and pay tribute to all the mothers around the globe. She believed a mother is "the person who has done more for you than anyone in the world."
Following her mother's death in 1905, Anna Jarvis came up with the idea of Mother's Day to honor the sacrifices mothers made for their children. Within five years, virtually every state celebrated this day until, in 1914, U.S. President Woodrow Wilson declared it a national holiday.
Some Fun Facts About Mother’s Day That Will Make You Ponder
This is the day to thank your mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, and other maternal figures in your life. They are one of the most important family members, selflessly caring for everyone without expecting anything in return. Before we get into some creative Mother's Day celebration ideas, let's go over some fun Mother's Day facts we gathered from various sources worldwide.
- Mother's Day is popularly celebrated in more than 50 countries around the world. Every country celebrates it in its unique way, and not all celebrate it on the same day.
- The origins of Mother's Day date all the way back to ancient Greece. The Greeks used to have an annual spring festival dedicated to the maternal Goddess Rhea, believed to be the mother of many deities.
- On this day, beauty salons and spas usually give a Mother's Day boost.
- If you're unsure what flower to give your mother, a carnation is a good option. They are typically associated with this day, and red or pink carnations are considered felicitous for greeting purposes.
- Floral purchases on this day account for one-fourth of the total purchases made around the year. This day is the biggest flower buying day in Britain.
- The most popular day of the year for eating out in Britain is Mother's Day.
- Mother’s day is also among the most popular church-going days for staying close to God.
- This is the most popular time to send cards in the United States and their third-largest card-sending holiday.
- In some parts of the world, Women's Day is combined with Mother's Day. Mothers are rewarded with gifts and honors to acknowledge their seamless roles in the workplace and in the family.
- According to a survey, more calls are made on Mother's Day than any other day of the year. In other words, no matter where you are on this day, your mother is eagerly awaiting your call, and a simple text won't do. Approximately 122 million phone calls are made to mothers in the United States on Mother’s Day.
- Traditionally, the food most associated with Mothering Sunday is Simnel Cake (a fruit cake).
- Mostly, shoppers spend $180 to buy gifts for their mothers, followed by grand celebrations during this time of the year.
Mother's Day Celebration Ideas
Mother, it is not just a word; it is an essence of god's divinity that the almighty shared with us. Here are some easy tips to make her blush with happiness. Some of the common ideas to celebrate this day are jotted down below, have a look.
Read More From Holidappy
Decorate Your Home and Give Flowers
This is one of the simplest and most effective ways to celebrate Mother's Day. Gifting a personalized keepsake box would be a fantastic add-on as well.
Plan an Exotic Vacation
Take some time out of your hectic work schedule and talk to your mom. Take a break and plan a family trip to her favorite destination.
Set up a Picnic or Beautiful Personalized Date with Your Mom
The best thing about this plan is that you can prepare a good meal for her. Bake your mom a Mother’s Day cake and a tasty breakfast for a change. Prepare a picnic basket, plan an outing, and spend the entire day with her. Take a nature walk with her and give her all your undivided attention, making her feel super special this mothers day. It is a good day to visit new places, explore new spots, and shop and eat outside while doing so.
Plan Some Activities and Relive Your Childhood
Another pleasant way to enjoy this Mother's Day with your mom is by reliving your childhood memories. Watch old tapes and go through photo albums. Plan a bug safari and play hide and seek with her. Play hop Scotch in the backyard, and visiting your favorite amusement park or gaming zone will be a lot of fun. Moreover, this will allow you both to spend ample time together.
Plan a Movie Night Out
One of the best ways to end this special day is to watch a movie. Choose a film; I would say horror, comedy or adventure based on your common liking. Prepare the popcorn and stay tight on your seats while enjoying the eternal companionship of your best friend.
Family Reunions and Partying Together
Plan an extended family reunion with sons and daughters, assuming all household duties and preparing a special dinner for all mothering figures in your home. Instead of ordering from a bakery on the eve, making your own cake for mom would be a bright idea as well.
Don’t Forget Mother's Day Presents
A handmade piece of art, a video, a music playlist, or a recorded message in a music box would be great for mom. Other wonderful ideas for Mother's Day gifts are exotic perfume sets, unique jewelry gifts, fleece photo blankets, keychains, an inspirational token, or a recipe binder kit which are available at Ubuy.
Every Day Is Mother’s Day
It won’t be fair if I acknowledge all the countless contributions she makes in my life with each passing second on just a single day!
Mother's Day to me is for pouring heartfelt love, taking her blessings, and honoring the mothers of my family or an individual. This day is for celebrating motherhood, maternity, maternal relationships, and the role of mothers in our society.
Whatever way you choose to honor the incredible mothers in your life, do so in a way that acknowledges her contributions to the lives of every member of your family. Appreciate her unwavering support and love for you and how they handle responsibilities, work, and relationships.
Mothers are worthy of these celebrations and deserve so much more in their lives. Delve into something special this Mother's day. While flowers and card gifts are some of the most popular, many personalized Mother's Day gifts are widely available across online shopping platforms.
© 2022 Lilly James