Cheeky Kid is a cybernaut who spends a lot of time browsing the web, grasping infinite information, and reveling in entertainment and fun.
Ho ho ho, what do we have here? Something tells me that you’re fed up with the antiquated “Merry Christmas” greeting. It’s a classic holiday expression, sure, but we don't have to be basic all the time, do we? Well, I’m not Santa Claus, but I’m here to give you a gift.
I don’t know if you’ve been naughty or nice, but here it is—a collection of over 150 alternative ways to say “Merry Christmas!” Go on, unwrap this wordy present and spread the festive vibes using all sorts of different expressions. Happy holidays to you!
Short Christmas Greetings and Wishes
New and Different Ways to Say “Merry Christmas”
- A blissful, pleasant, and relaxing Christmas to you!
- A bounty of gaiety and joy to you.
- Be blessed by the holy season of happiness.
- Bottoms up to heartwarming holiday memories!
- Celebrate the wonder of Christmas.
- Eat, drink, and be merry.
- Enjoy the precious day that reminds us all that we are loved.
- Glad tidings of glee and prosperity.
- Have a joyous solstice.
- Have an enchanting holiday celebration!
- Here comes Santa Claus!
- Here’s to hoping that your festive vacation doesn’t turn into a chore.
- I pray that your bond with your family and friends fills your heart to the brim with delight.
- I’m so glad to have you with me on this special day, year after year.
- I’m so lucky I get to spend this extraordinary day with you!
- I’ve waited 364 days just to spend this happy day with you again.
- Joy, love, and laughter are coming for you today.
- Let the festive air enter your home and bring you exultation.
- Let’s put the “rum” in “pa rum pum pum pum!”
- Let’s share the laughter and the cheers.
- Let the spirit of love benevolently fill your heart and soul.
- Let love fill the world with peace on this special day.
- May all your heart’s desires and yearnings come true.
- May the rest of your year remain cheery and glittery.
- May the festival of lights bring blessings upon you and all your loved ones.
- May your Christmas be adorned with cheers.
- May your day today be chirpy and delightful.
- O come, all ye faithful!
- Prayers of unending enjoyment to you.
- Sending you warm winter wishes.
- The most marvelous day of the year is here!
- This season’s glory, wonder, and miracle, I share with you.
- Tis the much-anticipated season of merriment.
- To a well-remembered past, a happy present, and a bright future.
- Warm holiday greetings to you.
- Whether it be holiday time or all the time, my appreciation for you is grander than grand.
- Wishing you a season overflowing with Yuletide cheers.
- Wishing you your well-deserved rest and relaxation over the holiday season.
How to Say “Merry Christmas” in Different Languages
- Buon Natale – Italian
- Craciun Fericit – Romanian
- Eid Milad Saeid – Arabic
- Feliz Natal – Portugese
- Feliz Navidad – Spanish
- Fröhliche Weihnachten – German
- Geseënde Kersfees – Afrikaans
- Gëzuar Krishtlindjet – Albanian
- Giáng Sinh Vui Vẻ – Vietnamese
- Glædelig Jul – Danish
- God Jul – Norwegian
- Joyeux Noël – French
- Kalá Christoúgenna – Greek
- Krismasi Njema – Swahili
- Maligayang Pasko – Filipino
- Mele Kalikimaka – Hawaiian
- Merīkurisumasu – Japanese
- Selamat Hari Natal – Malay
- Selamat Natal – Indonesian
- Seongtanjeol Jal Bonaeyo – Korean
- Shèng Dàn Kuài Lè – Chinese
- Sretan Božić – Croatian
- S̄uk̄hs̄ạnt̒ Wạn Khris̄t̒mās̄ - Thai
- Veselé Vánoce – Czech
- Vrolijk Kerstfeest – Dutch
- Wesołych Świąt – Polish
Funny Christmas Greetings and Messages
- All I wish for you is overflowing peace, infinite love, and unlimited food.
- Bah, humbug! Just kidding.
- Do you smell gin, vodka, and whiskey in the air. The spirit of Christmas is finally here!
- Get your fat pants ready, it’s Christmas!
- Here’s to hoping that Santa Claus didn’t pay extra attention to us this year.
- Ho ho holy sh*t, it’s Christmas!
- Hoot hoot, season’s greetings from owl of us!
- I heard Santa Claus died laughing after hearing about how good you were this year.
- It’s time to get your “awww, it’s exactly what I wanted” face ready.
- Keep calm and enjoy Christmas.
- Let’s be naughty and save Santa from the unnecessary trip.
- Let’s just hope that all the unavoidable calories today vanish by New Year.
- Let’s spend Christmas getting up to all kinds of shenanigans.
- May all of our sweaters be funny and bright!
- Never think for a second that I’m bribing you. This is just me passing on the Christmas spirit.
- May your Christmas be like Santa Claus—chubby, happy, and bountiful!
- Out with the Christmas cheers and in with the Christmas beers!
- Ready your fake smiles, everyone. It’s Christmas!
- Season’s eatings to all of us!
- Spike the eggnog with rum and be merry all day long!
- This is the perfect time for us to pull off some holiday mischief!
- Tis the season for warm alcoholic beverages.
- You can eat all the sweets as long as you don’t forget to brush your teeth.
Creative and Sweet Ways to Say “Merry Christmas”
- Celebrate this special holiday with a glorious mess in the living room.
- Cherish this sacred day, for it happens only once a year.
- Christmas makes me feel like a child, especially when I’m with you.
- Deck the halls!
- Faith, hope, and love—may you have all three this Christmas.
- Feel the love and warmth that this blessed season brings.
- Happy holly-days!
- Have a holly-jolly holiday!
- I hope this season of joy becomes extra kind and pleasant to you.
- I wish you a little more sparkle and a little less stress.
- If I could wrap my heart and send it to you as a gift, I definitely would.
- In this most endearing festivity, may you find peace, hope, and joy.
- Just be marvelously merry.
- Let’s get lit!
- Let’s stuff ourselves with cookies, cakes, gingerbread, and hot chocolate.
- May the spirit of Christmas fulfill all of your heart’s wishes.
- May the unbreakable bonds of love that you nurtured with your family and friends uplift your spirit this season of joy.
- May your heart be enchanted by the warmth and comfort that this holiday brings.
- My love for you sparkles just like the countless, beautiful, little lights on the tree.
- No matter how tangled the festive lights get, I know you can always handle them with poise.
- Just like the star on top of the tree, you shimmer in brilliance.
- See you under the mistletoe.
- Sparkle and share your warm light to the world this Christmas!
- The angel on top of the tree reminds me of you.
- Wait for me to come down the chimney and deliver you your present.
- You make the cold nights warmer and the festive days brighter just by being with me.
- You’re the best Christmas gift I could ever hope to receive.
- You’re the snow-body that I'd rather spend Christmas with.
- You’re what makes the holidays happy.
- You’ve been nice all year, so expect Santa Claus.
Other Ways of Saying “Merry Christmas”
- As always, what a blessing you are!
- Celebrate this holiday with a lot of fun, excitement, and surprises.
- Glad tidings to your jolly soul.
- Enjoy some holiday magic on me.
- Have a cuddly Christmas.
- Have your best Christmas ever!
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas.
- Hooray, it’s the holidays!
- I hope you feel all the joyousness this holiday has to offer.
- I hope your holiday season is full of good things.
- I’m delivering jolly gifts and magical wishes your way.
- It’s starting to be festive, so let’s celebrate!
- Joy to the whole world!
- May happiness, love, and peace follow you always.
- May this season of festivity melt away every trace of sadness in you.
- May you find plenty of reasons to be merry today.
- May your day shine more brightly than ever!
- May your holidays be full of warmth and cheer.
- May your name be in bold and italic letters on Santa’s “nice” list.
- My heart is with you this holiday.
- Peace on earth!
- Peace, joy, and love for everyone this Christmas.
- Sending you hugs this Christmas. Take good care of yourself.
- Stay warm this winter season.
- This holiday season, may you receive all the happiness you deserve.
- Today is a day of joy and charity, so head out and be merry and generous.
- Warmest regards to you! Keep warm this holiday.
- Wishing you a merry holiday!
- You’re the spice in my gingerbread.