Best Christmas Gifts for a Baseball Player
Stocking Stuffers for Baseball Players
The first category is stocking stuffers for baseball players. There happen to be a lot of things that your player will love that are small enough to fit in a stocking!
Start taking stock of what your player uses during the baseball season and what kinds of things your athlete likes. One of the best things about baseball to a kid is how much gear there is for them to wear!
Also make sure that next season's coach allows all the stuff that you want to buy as gifts. Some coaches are party poopers and don't let their players accessorize very much.
One perfect thing to buy and put in that stocking is batting gloves. They are something that every player wants and needs, and they will go through a couple pairs or more a year. So you can't go wrong with batting gloves. Even if the ones they have still have some life left, a fresh pair never hurts (and they smell better too!).
These can be a very affordable gift, ranging from $10–$60. There are many sources for them, just make sure you know what size your player wears!
I think this is the best thing to put in the stocking of a baseball player! There are a ton of great baseball movies out there, and they make fantastic gifts for the baseball player in your life.
My top three picks are:
- The Sandlot: A classic. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it tonight!
- Field of Dreams: A fantastic baseball movi, and a great overall movie as well.
- Rookie Of The Year: Awesome and funny, great for younger fans especially.
There are some other great movies out there. Please leave your favorite baseball movies in the comments section!
There's lots of things that you can buy for your player's bat! If they have a wood bat, then your options are even wider. You can't go wrong with bat accessories, because your athlete will have a long winter to play around with all of them.
These gifts are perfect to get your player excited about that old bat again, which could save you some serious money over buying a new one!
Stocking Stuffer Bat Ideas
- New grip: A great gift if your player doesn't need a new bat but wants to give the one they have some fresh life!
- Pine tar: Players use this to add grip to the bat, especially wood bats. I know plenty of people who like to put pine tar on their aluminum bats too though!
- Athletic tape: You can make the grip section of your bat almost any way you want it, and athletic tape can be used to make it look totally unique and awesome. It comes in many colors, so pick the ones that your player will like (school colors?).
Baseball Accessories for Christmas
There are a lot of smaller things that baseball players love. There are bracelets, necklaces, arm guards, and socks. Here are some ideas of a few things that your player needs to look cool on the field!
Here are a few ideas for baseball accessories, with some companies that make them:
- Arm guards, leg guards (Evoshield)
- Bracelets, necklaces (Titanium, Phiten)
- Sunglasses (Oakley, Nike)
How Old Is the Player You're Buying for?
Alright, so you found some things to stick in the stocking, but you know that's not going to be enough. Here are some great ideas of larger items for your baseball player.
These items are generally more expensive, but they also last a long time.
There are a lot of choices out there for baseball bats, and the winter can be a great time to get one for your player. Here are a few suggestions when it comes to shopping for a bat.
- Make sure you know the rules for bats in the league they will be playing in the following year.
- Know what size they need, and remember that they may get a bit bigger and stronger before the following season.
- Take your player to a store that lets you hold bats and swing them a little bit, and then remember the one that your player says they like. Bats can be very different in the way they feel, even if they are the same weights and lengths.
If you have a catcher in the house, Christmas is a perfect time to get them new gear! Baseball usually doesn't start until the spring, so this will give them time to try it on and break it in a little bit before the season starts.
Just like all of these gifts, make sure you're buying the right size for next season. If your player is growing and likely to need a bigger size pretty soon, get the bigger size now and let them grow into it. Catcher's gear is awesome, and there are a lot of options out there. So take your time and get the set your catcher will love forever.
How Much Do You Usually Spend on Baseball Gear a Year?
One of the best things about being a baseball player is that you get to use your very own leather glove. They come in a huge variety of shapes and sizes, and they take a while to break in, which makes Christmas a perfect time to get a new one.
Gloves, like bats, are very individual. Make sure you know exactly what kind of glove your player wants and what they play well with. If you buy a high-quality leather glove, you can expect it to last years (even a whole high school career). All the more reason to make it one they really like!
Helmets are a great gift because nobody likes to wear a helmet that another kid just took off their sweaty head and threw in the dirt.
Another nice thing about a batting helmet as a gift is that they're usually much more affordable than some of the other large items above.
Coaching as a Gift
Another thought for a Christmas gift could be some personal instruction. If there is a local facility or private instructor, check with them to see what they charge for lessons, and see if they can make you up a cool flyer or coupon to give on Christmas.
There are also a lot of DVDs around that are great for coaching and advice for players. If you have someone who is always looking for that next tip to make them better, this might be worth checking out!
Video Analysis for Christmas
There are also some great services out there that do video analysis for a very good price. It can be an excellent gift to send some videos of them pitching or hitting and get them analyzed by some professional coaches.
Thanks for Looking
These are some ideas for Christmas gifts for your player; I'm sure there are plenty more.
Even if you don't have a player that is on a team, some of these gifts are awesome ideas that will introduce your recipient to one of the greatest games in the world.
Let me know in the comments what some other good gifts would be, and thanks for reading!