Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
Christmas is a special time for kids, and adults enjoy seeing the holiday season through the eyes of children. A Christmas card for a child is a chance for adults to express something that could further enhance the fun and magic that kids find at Christmas.
Anticipation, having a break from school, and gifts are a few of the reasons Christmas is so fun. A Christmas card can be fun, too, especially if you come up with a message that kids will like. These are some examples of things to write to kids in a Christmas card. Use them to get ideas for crafting your own perfect kid-friendly message.
Christmas Wishes for Kids
- Christmas is so much more fun when I get to celebrate with you!
- Merry Christmas to the coolest kid I know!
- Nothing is better at Christmas time than hanging out with a cute kid.
- I hope you aren't too cool for a Christmas card from someone who really loves you!
- I enjoy seeing you enjoy Christmas. Christmas is so magical through the eyes of a young person.
- I've been looking forward to Christmas just as much as you because I've been looking forward to seeing you!
- Christmas comes and goes as fast as a snowflake, so enjoy it while it's here.
- You're starting to get a Christmas sparkle in your eye.
- I love Christmas almost as much as I love you!
- It's beginning to look a lot like it's time to open some presents.
Santa Message Ideas
- Some old white-haired guy in a red suit told me to wish you a merry Christmas.
- You are on my nice list this year!
- Santa said he lost your email address, and he asked me to give you this card.
- Santa isn't the only one keeping an eye on you this Christmas. I'm watching, too.
- You won't be getting any coal this year. You've been too nice.
- Santa's little elves make the toys, but my favorite little elves play with them!
- Santa has his elves, and I have you.
- Besides Santa's elves, you're one of my favorite little people to spend Christmas with.
- I'm sorry to say that you will not be getting any coal this year.
Messages for Christian Kids
- Jesus loves you even more than Santa, but don't tell Santa I told you that!
- Never let anyone tell you that you're too young to accomplish great things. Even a baby born in a stable can change the world.
- Besides Jesus, no one in the world loves you more than us.
Messages for Giving Money or a Gift Card
- It's not the card that matters most. It's the card inside the card.
- Santa said to slip you some extra cash because you were extra nice this year.
- Santa shared your Christmas wishlist with me so I could get you what you really want.
- Here's a little something from Santa to make your Christmas a little merrier.
- I won't be offended if you don't keep the card. We all know it's what's inside the card that counts.
- This gift will not last as long as the true gift of Christmas, but it does come from someone who loves you very much.
- Some of the best things at Christmas are the color green. Christmas trees, holly, mistletoe, and what I've included in this card can all add to the festive fun and celebration.
Read More From Holidappy
More Kid-Friendly Christmas Messages
- Have fun being a kid at Christmas. You won't always get to be a kid.
- I'm happy to be able to celebrate Christmas with one of my favorite kids in the whole world.
- We hope you get exactly what you wanted for Christmas. If not, you can exchange it for what you want. Unless you wanted a real live dolphin.
- Christmas is one of the best days of the year to be a kid. I hope you have a fun time!
- I'm singing a happy Christmas song because of you.
- It's okay to be a little silly at Christmas. Christmas is a happy time.
- All I want for Christmas is a hug from my favorite little cutie.
- It may be cold outside, but your smile warms my heart.
- Christmas is about the children. It always has been and it always will be.
- When the morning comes and the presents are under the tree, we all gather around to see what we can see.
Other Christmas Card Ideas
- Christmas Card Messages: What to Write in a Christma...
These examples of Christmas card wishes will give you ideas to make your holiday card extra special. Modify these Christmas messages for your custom card.
- Holiday Card Messages: Christmas and New Years Gr...
These are examples of what to write in a Christmas or New Years card. Send a sincere or a funny holiday greeting card message with these ideas.
© 2015 Blake Flannery
laila on December 11, 2019:
i love christmas
Barbara from Stepping past clutter on November 03, 2015:
These are so sweet, Blake. I could use several for my dearly beloved granddaughter who is just two, meaning she turned in September. I especially like:
Never let anyone tell you that you're too young to accomplish great things. Even a baby born in a stable can change the world.
Hope you are well and glad to see you have survived here. I am easing back into writing after a hiatus as Elder Gram Nanny.