40 Christmas Movie Trivia Questions & Answers
40 Christmas Movie Questions and Answers
Including questions about:
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- A Christmas Story
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- It's A Wonderful Life
- Miracle On 34th Street
- The Santa Clause
- The Polar Express
- Jingle All The Way
- Christmas With The Kranks
- White Christmas
- The Four Christmases
- Deck The Halls
- Elf (My Favorite!)
- Santa Claus: The Movie
- Ernest Saves Christmas
- Holiday Inn
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas
- A Christmas Carol
Find answers and questions about these holiday movies you can print out and play to entertain your holiday guests...
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Questions 1 - 5
- In 1989's National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, how long has Cousin Eddie been unemployed?
- In the 1983 family film, A Christmas Story, what was the name of the department store that had the item in its window that Ralphie wanted?
- In the 1993 Tim Burton animated feature, The Nightmare Before Christmas, what was the name of the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town?
- Who directed the 1946 classic Christmas film, It's a Wonderful Life?
- In what city did the 1947 film, Miracle on 34th Street, take place?
A Christmas Story
Questions 6 - 10
6. Referring to the 1988 comedy film, Scrooged, what was the name of star Bill Murray's character in the film?
7. In the 1994 film, The Santa Clause, what was the restaurant that Scott Calvin, Tim Allen's character, took his son to after burning the Christmas turkey?
8. In the 2004 animated feature, The Polar Express, what letters did the conductor punch into the main character Billy's Polar Express ticket when he punched it?
9. Referring to the 1996 Christmas comedy, Jingle All the Way, what was the name of the action figure the father in the film is desperately trying to obtain?
10. In the 2004 Christmas comedy, Christmas with the Kranks, what country did the Krank's daughter leave for on the day after Thanksgiving, causing them to decide to forego Christmas festivities?
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Questions 11 - 15
11. In the 1954 film, White Christmas, what was the name of the inn that Bing Crosby's and Danny Kaye's characters were trying to save?
12. In the 2006 comedy release, Deck the Halls, what is the profession of Steve Finch, Matthew Broderick's character?
13. In the 2008 film, Four Christmases, what were the first names of the central couple, played by Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon?
14. In the 1964 cult film, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, what were the names of the boy and girl the Martians kidnapped while trying to find Santa?
15. In the 2002 film, The Santa Clause 2, what appropriate number is Santa wearing in his sweater during the football game with the elves?
It's A Wonderful Life
Questions 16 - 20
16. In the 2006 film, The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, which member of the Counsel of Legendary Figures was the villain of the film?
17. In the 2003 film, Elf, what was the name given to the human child Santa accidentally carried to the North Pole?
18. According to the 1985 film, Santa Claus: The Movie, what were the names of the two (only two) reindeer who pulled Claus' sleigh before he became Santa?
19. In the 1942 classic, Holiday Inn, what is the name of the nightclub the movie opens at on Christmas Eve?
20. In the 2009 animated version of the film, A Christmas Carol, featuring Jim Carrey, according to the death certificate shown in the film, in what year did Jacob Marley die?
Miracle On 34th Street
21. In the 1983 film, A Christmas Story, what was the Christmas gift that Ralphie wanted so badly?
22. In the 1989 comedy, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, what had Clark Griswold been planning to buy with the Christmas bonus he expected from work?
23. In the 1946 film, It's a Wonderful Life, what was the name of the town that George Bailey lived in?
24. In the 2003 Christmas comedy, Elf, what was the first rule of The Code of Elves?
25. Miracle on 34th Street In what city did the 1947 film, Miracle on 34th Street, take place?
Questions 26 - 30
26. In the 2009 version of A Christmas Carol, with Jim Carrey, how many years passed between Jacob Marley's death and his ghostly visit to Scrooge?
27. In the 2000, feature film, version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, what was the name of the mountain range where Whoville was located?
28. In 1985's film, Santa Claus: The Movie, what was the name of the elf played by Dudley Moore?
29. In the 1988 comedy, Ernest Saves Christmas, the film opens with Santa Claus on a plane landing in what city?
30. Referring to the 1942 film, Holiday Inn, in what city and state was the Holiday Inn located? Midville, Connecticut
The Santa Clause
Questions 31 - 35
31. In the 2008 comedy, Four Christmases, what island were Vince's and Reese's characters planning to go to before they had to visit their families? Fiji (Bonus Trivia: They told their families they were going to Burma.)
32. In Jingle All the Way, a 1996 Christmas comedy, the hero whose action figure the father was seeking had a saber-toothed tiger sidekick. What was the tiger's name?
33. What noted actor provided the voice of the conductor in 2004's animated film, The Polar Express?
34. Referring to the 1994 film, The Santa Clause, what was the name of the dark-haired, head elf that Scott Calvin met when he first arrived at the North Pole?
35. In the 1988 Christmas film, Scrooged, what was the name of the dead executive who visited Bill Murray's character to warn him of the visit of the three Christmas ghosts?
The Polar Express
Questions 36 - 40
36. Referring to the 1954 film, White Christmas, in what city and state was the inn that Bing Crosby's and Danny Kaye's characters were trying to save?
37. In the 2006 comedy, Deck the Halls, how much money did Buddy Hall, Danny DeVito's character, win by selling a car lot owner one of his own cars?
38. According to the 2002 film, The Santa Clause 2, how many days did Santa have to find a wife when he was first told he had to marry?
39. n the 2003 film, Elf, what was the make and model number of the "500 reindeer-powered", jet turbine, engine that powered Santa's sleigh?
40. In the 1985 Christmas film, Santa Claus: The Movie, what was the other name given for the elves in the film?
Jingle All The Way
Watch My Favorite Christmas Movie!
Elf is my very favorite Christmas movie and it's one of the films included in this movie trivia quiz. If you haven't seen this movie yet, get it, watch it, fall in love with it just like I did. Meet Buddy, the elf, Santa, Papa elf, Jovie, and the rest of the characters.
Buddy has grown up in the North Pole and just found out he wasn't an elf, he was a human. He travels to New York City to meet his Dad...he meets a girl, falls in love, finds a brother, and saves Christmas. Let me know how you like it!
What's Your Favorite Christmas Movie?
My Favorite Christmas Movie Is "ELF" ... What's Yours?
Christmas With The Kranks
Answers 1 - 5
1. Eddie has been unemployed for 7 years.
2. The gift Ralphie wants is in Higbee's.
3. Clark Griswold was going to get a swimming pool.
4. Pumpkin King's name is Jack Skellington.
5. Frank Capra directed It's A Wonderful Life
Answers 6 - 10
6. Bill Murray's character name was Frank Cross.
7. Scott Calvin took his son to Denny's.
8. Billy's ticket had the letters B&E punched in it.
9. The action figure was Turbo Man.
10. The Kranks' daughter went to Peru.
Deck The Hall
Answers 11 - 15
11. The Inn featured in White Christmas was The Columbia Inn.
12. Steve Finch is an Optometrist.
13. Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoons character names are Brad and Kate.
14. The Martians kidnapped Billy & Betty.
15. Santa's sweater had the number 25 on it.
Answers 16 - 20
16. The films villain was Jack Frost.
17. In Elf, the human child is named Buddy.
18. Donner & Blitzen pulled Santa's sleigh.
19. The nightclub is called The Midnight Club.
20. Jacob Marley died in 1836.
Santa Claus Conquers The Martians
Answers 21 - 25
21. Ralphie wanted a Daisy "Red Ryder", carbine-action, two-hundred shot, Range Model Air Rifle.
22. Same as question 3.
23. George Bailey lived in Bedford Falls.
24. The first rule of The Code Of The Elves is "Treat every day like Christmas."
25. Miracle on 34th Street was set in New York City.
The Santa Clause 2
Answers 26 - 30
26. Marley died 7 years before his ghost visited Scrooge.
27. The mountain range in How The Grinch Stole Christmas was The Pontoos.
28. Dudley Moore played Patch the elf.
29. Santa's plane landed in Orlando, Florida.
30. The Holiday Inn was in Midville, Connecticut.
The Santa Clause 3
Answers 31 - 35
31. Brad & Kate told their families they were planning on going to Burma, but they were really going to Fiji.
32. The name of the tiger was Booster.
33. Tom Hanks was the voice of the conductor in The Polar Express.
34. Bernard was the head elf in The Santa Clause.
35. Lew Hayward was the dead executive that visited Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.
Answers 36 - 40
36. The Inn Bing and Bob were trying to save was in Pine Tree, Vermont.
37. Buddy Hall won $3000.00.
38. Santa had 28 days to find a wife.
39. Santa's super sled engine was called The Cringle 3000.
40. The elves were called "The Vendequm."