Karen Hellier is a freelance writer and eBay entrepreneur. She lives happily in the mountains of North Georgia with her husband and her dog.
Christmas Trivia Game About Santa
If you love Christmas and need a Christmas trivia game for an upcoming holiday party, here's a fun one to try. Feel free to try it yourself before using with friends and family, but don't peek at the answers until you are finished responding to each question. Good luck and happy holidays!
Directions for the Christmas Trivia Game
- Pass out a piece of paper and a pencil or pen to each player.
- Read the questions aloud one at a time and ask people to write down their answers.
- Give ample time between each question so people have time to think and write their answers down.
- Before revealing the answers, ask anyone if they need a question read again before the answers are revealed.
- Reveal the answers one at a time by rereading the question and then reading the answer.
- Ask people to add up their correct answers, and if you think you have a few who might cheat, ask people to exchange answer sheets with the person next to them before revealing the answers.
- Give a prize to the person who got the most right. Have a few prizes ready in case there is a tie.
Santa Claus Christmas Quiz Questions
- What country was the original Santa Claus from?
- What is the original name of the 1822 poem "'Twas the Night Before Christmas?"
- Who wrote the poem "'Twas the Night Before Christmas?"
- What are the names of Santa's original 8 reindeer?
- What is Santa's name in Holland?
- What was the name of the movie where Tim Allen becomes Santa Claus?
- How many times is the name Santa Claus used in the poem Twas the Night Before Christmas?
- Frank Baum not only wrote the book The Wizard of Oz, but he also wrote a book about Santa Claus. What is the name of that book?
- What doe Santa Claus bring to children who have misbehaved in the United States?
- What agency officially tracks Santa Claus as he travels across the globe on December 24th?
- Where does Santa Claus live?
- Many countries celebrate St. Nicholas Day on what day of the year?
- In what two countries is Santa Claus known as "Pere Noel"?
- What is Santa Claus called in the United Kingdom (Great Britain, England)?
- What did Ralphie want Santa Claus to bring him in the 1983 movie "A Christmas Story?"
- And what did Santa Claus tell Ralphie when he asked for that present?
- What do they call Santa Claus in Italy?
- Why did Santa Claus need Rudolph to guide his sleigh on Christmas Eve?
- What is the special gift that Santa Claus leaves under the tree for the main character in Chris Van Allsburg's The Polar Express?
- What beverage company started to use Santa Claus in its advertising in 1931 and and has continued to do so ever since?
- What did mommy do to Santa Claus underneath his beard so snowy white in the song "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus?"
- Who had the biggest hit of her career with the song Santa Baby in 1953?
- There are two U.S. states that have a town named Santa Claus. Name them.
- Who sang the original song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" in 1947?
- What was the first name of the little girl who wrote to The New York Sun newspaper asking if there really is a Santa Claus?
Santa Claus Trivia Game Answers
- "A Visit from St. Nicholas"
- Clement Moore
- Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen (1 point each)(Donner also goes by Dunder, or Donder so any of those would be correct)
- St. Nicholas
- The Santa Clause (Make sure they have an e on the end of Clause)
- 0 (he is referred to as "a right jolly old elf")
- The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
- NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command)
- In the North Pole
- December 6th
- France and Belgium
- Father Christmas
- A Red Ryder BB Gun
- "You'll shoot your eye out"
- Babbo Natale
- It was too foggy and Santa needed the light from Rudolph's nose to see
- The bell that had fallen out of the boy's pocket
- Tickled him
- Eartha Kitt
- Indiana and Georgia (1 point for each correct answer)
- Gene Autry
Take the Poll Below to See What Your Score Means
Now that you have taken the Santa Claus Christmas Trivia Quiz, please take the poll below and, just for fun, let other readers know your score. You can get a maximum of 33 points. Feel free to share this game with your friends, and have a very merry Christmas!
Santa Claus Game Trivia Score Poll
Prize Ideas for the Santa Claus Trivia Game
Here are just a few ideas for prizes for this game. The cost of the prizes just depends on how much you want to spend.
- Gift card to a coffee house like Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks
- A bottle of wine or champagne
- A cute unisex Christmas hat that can be worn for fun (think a fun Santa Hat, an elf hat, a reindeer hat, etc.)
- A cute Christmas mug with a package of specialty cocoa inside
© 2018 Karen Hellier
Dianna Mendez on October 08, 2018:
It is about that time again, fun Christmas games at family gatherings! Thanks for posting the trivia.
Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on September 07, 2018:
I love trivia games. I made Santa's nice list, so I'm a happy player. :)