Christmas Trivia Game About Santa Claus
Christmas Trivia Game About Santa
If you love Christmas and need a Christmas trivia game for an upcoming Christmas party, here's a fun one to try.
If you would like to try this game out before using with friends and family, try it yourself first, but no peeking at the answers until you are finished answering each question.
Directions for the Christmas Trivia Game
- Pass out a piece of paper and a pencil or pen to each player.
- Read the questions one at a time and ask people to write down their answers.
- Give ample time between each question so people have time to think and write their answers.
- Before revealing the answers, ask anyone if they need a question read again before the answers are read.
- Reveal the answers one at a time by rereading the question and then reading the answer.
- Ask people to add up their correct answers, and if you think you have a few who might cheat, ask people to exchange answer sheets with the person next to them before revealing the answers.
- Give a prize to the person who got the most right. Have a few prizes ready in case there is a tie.
Santa Claus Christmas Quiz Questions
- What country was the original Santa Claus from?
- What is the original name of the 1822 poem "'Twas the Night Before Christmas?"
- Who wrote the poem "'Twas the Night Before Christmas?"
- What are the names of Santa's original 8 reindeer?
- What is Santa's name in Holland?
- What was the name of the movie where Tim Allen becomes Santa Claus?
- How many times is the name Santa Claus used in the poem Twas the Night Before Christmas?
- Frank Baum not only wrote the book The Wizard of Oz, but he also wrote a book about Santa Claus. What is the name of that book?
- What doe Santa Claus bring to children who have misbehaved in the United States?
- What agency officially tracks Santa's Claus across the globe on December 24th?
- Where does Santa Claus live?
- Many countries celebrate St. Nicholas Day on what day of the year?
- In what two countries is Santa Claus known as "Pere Noel"?
- What is Santa Claus called in the United Kingdom (Great Britain, England)?
- What did Ralphie want Santa Claus to bring him in the 1983 movie "A Christmas Story?"
- And what did Santa Claus tell him when Ralphie asked for that present?
- What do they call Santa Claus in Italy?
- Why did Santa Claus need Rudolph to guide his sleigh on Christmas Eve?
- What is the special gift that Santa Claus leaves under the tree for the main character in Chris Van Allsburg's The Polar Express?
- What beverage company started and has continued to use Santa Claus in its advertising since 1931?
- What did mommy do to Santa Claus underneath his beard so snowy white in the song I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus?
- Who had the biggest hit of her career with the song Santa Baby in 1953?
- There are two U.S. states that have a town named Santa Claus. Name them.
- Who sang the original song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" in 1947?
- What was the first name of the little girl who wrote to The New York Sun newspaper asking if there really is a Santa Claus?
Santa Claus Trivia Game Answers
- "A Visit from St. Nicholas"
- Clement Moore
- Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen (1 point each)(Donner also goes by Dunder, or Donder so any of those would be correct)
- St. Nicholas
- The Santa Clause (Make sure they have an e on the end of Clause)
- 0 (he is referred to as "a right jolly old elf")
- The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
- NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command)
- In the North Pole
- December 6th
- France and Belgium
- Father Christmas
- A Red Ryder BB Gun
- "You'll shoot your eye out"
- Babbo Natale
- It was too foggy and Santa needed the light from Rudolph's nose to see
- The bell that had fallen out of the boy's pocket
- Tickled him
- Eartha Kitt
- Indiana and Georgia (1 point for each correct answer)
- Gene Autry
Take the Poll Below to See What Your Score Means
Now that you have taken the Santa Claus Christmas Trivia Quiz, please take the poll below and, just for fun, let other readers know your score. You can get a total of 33 points.
Feel free to share this game with your friends and have a very Merry Christmas!
Santa Claus Game Trivia Score Poll
How Many Points Did you Get in the Santa Claus Trivia Game?
© 2018 Karen Hellier