DIY Card Book (52 Things I Love About You)
- Write down your list.
- Hole punch your cards however far apart you wish but try to keep them lined up, or the o-rings won't fit right.
- Cut out your pieces of paper. Whether it is with regular scissors or fancy is up to you.
- Write down the items from your list onto your pieces of paper and glue them onto the cards.
- Put all of the cards on the metal o-rings, and you're done!
There are just a few simple supplies that you will need for this project.
- Deck Of Cards (Obviously)
- Paper of choice
- Metal Opening O-Rings
- Scissors (I used fancy scissors)
- Hole Punch
I chose to put my "52 things" on American flag cards because my husband likes patriotic things, and I thought they would be perfect for him.
My mother liked the idea of the book and decided to make one for her boyfriend too but made hers vertical rather than horizontal like mine.
Other ways you can personalize it are:
- Bedazzle it
- Use colored ink
- Put colored paper under the white to layer them
- Laminate the cards
What is your favorite card game?
A Few Ideas:
Some of the things I used in my card book are:
- You walk me to my car
- Your voice
- You are my best friend
- Your guitar jams
For Anyone Anytime
These can be made for all kinds of people, family and friends alike. Give it as a gift or just because. You can create them to be romantic or platonic because you make the list, it is all up to you.
Some platonic ideas are:
- Fashion sense (sophisticated look, cute hairstyles, great shoes)
- Skills (musically inclined, great singer, strategic mind)
- Personality traits (kind, outgoing, trustworthy)
Take The Time:
This was definitely one of my more time consuming projects but not very difficult. My mom finished hers in just a couple of days because she did it all in just a couple sessions on the weekend whereas I did mine during the week and had to stop once in a while to do other things
The deck of cards I used included the jokers and so I used one to make the title "page" and one as an ending.
The last two cards in my book say "And best of all..." and "You love me!". I used the other joker for the and best of all card because him loving me is my favorite thing out of all.
Questions & Answers
© 2013 Rebecca Jensen