Joyce loves gardening, antique hunting, and decorating for the holidays. She's also a creative writer.
DIY Easter Crafts
When the spring season arrives, it's time to make Easter crafts! Whether you want to make yarn-wrapped bunnies to hang on your door or a bunny butt planter as a centerpiece for your table, there are so many fun decorations you can create.
Children will enjoy helping out too—and you can keep your prices down by picking up many of the supplies you'll need at your local dollar store. From wreaths to frames to jute carrots, you can find many great items to use for your decorations. So, let's explore the possibilities for these dollar store Easter decorations and crafts.
Bunny Butt Planter
A bunny butt planter makes a super cute spring decoration. Supplies needed include a galvanized tin and jute carrots.
- Create the bunny butt with a large fluffy pom-pom ball for the butt and a small pom-pom for the tail.
- For the bunny feet, cut some white felt in an oval shape and add small pink felt circles for the paws.
- Plant the bunny butt in a tin planter and decorate with jute twine for the dirt and jute carrots.
Easter Bunny Foam Dice
Dollar store foam dice make the most adorable bunnies for Easter.
- Paint the foam dice in the color of your choice.
- Hot-glue bunny ears on top.
- Decorate with googly eyes, felt noses, ribbons, etc.
- Optional: Turn it into a sign spelling out "Happy Easter"!
Framed Yarn Bunny
- Use a bunny frame as your base and then wrap it with colorful chunky yarn.
- Add details such as yarn carrots, a yarn cottontail, and bows.
- Frame your yarn bunny, et voila!
Easter Bunny Glass Block
Making this Easter bunny glass block is easy!
- Download an svg file of a bunny face.
- Buy a 5x5 glass block and apply a vinyl bunny decal.
- Insert pink fluff into the glass block.
- Take a bunny headband (with bunny ears), cut along the seams, and pull out the plastic headband.
- Hot glue the bunny ears to the glass block and you're finished!
Easter Wine Glass Candle Holders
These Easter wine glass candle holders are so adorable!
- Buy some wine glasses at the dollar store and then spray paint them.
- Turn the painted glasses upside-down and paint (or draw) cute bunny faces on the cups.
- Hot glue fabric ears and decorate with ribbons. Beautiful!
Easter Egg Vases
These classy vases will look great anywhere around the home.
- Fill glass vases or jars with Easter grass and Easter eggs.
- Finish by wrapping jute around the bottom for a rustic look.
Three-Tiered Easter Tray
Make a three-tiered tray with a dollar store cookie sheet, brownie pan, and loaf pan.
- Arrange the pans in ascending order, largest on the bottom, smallest on top.
- Hot-glue a glass candlestick between each layer to separate them (refer to photo above).
- Arrange your Easter decorations in each layer, and you're good to go!
Pro tip: You can reuse the three-tiered tray for different holidays by switching out the decorations.