10 Easy Halloween Snacks
A boo-tiful selection of Halloween snacks that is sure to delight your guests. These easy Halloween party treats are fun to make and add that special touch to your party. They are so easy to make that the kids can help too.
#1 Banana Ghosts
These fun banana ghosts are so easy to make, the ingredients you'll need are:
- Mini chocolate chips
- Peel bananas.
- Cut in half to make two ghosts.
- Press mini chocolate chips into bananas to make the eyes stick.
- You can serve as is, or insert a popsicle stick into the bottom of each ghost to serve like a popsicle.
#2 Oreo Spider Cookies
- A package of Oreos for the spider body, double stuff work best
- M&M type candies for the eyes
- Can of chocolate frosting
- Black licorice laces for the legs. If you can't find licorice laces you could use pretzel sticks instead for the legs.
- Take one Oreo cookie.
- Attach the eyes to the cookies with a dab of frosting under each M&M.
- Cut the licorice lace into 8 small pieces.
- Insert 4 pieces of licorice into each side of the cookie for the spider legs.
#3 Hotdog Mummies
Spooky and delicious.
- Mini hot dog cocktail wieners or full size hotdogs cut into 3 pieces.
- Crescent Rolls.
- Wrap each hotdog piece with a piece of crescent roll to look like a mummy.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
#4 Clementine Pumpkins
- This is another healthy easy snack to make for your party or for the kids to take to school.
- Black sharpie marker
- Clementine oranges or small tangerines
- Celery cut into small pieces for pumpkin stems
Directions: Very easy-draw pumpkin faces on oranges that you would like to leave with the peels on. For unpeeled oranges just peel and insert a piece of celery stalk in the top as the stem.
#5 Pudding Cup Ghosts
- Chocolate pudding cups
- Oreo cookies
- Marshmallow ghosts peep candies
- Pumpkin candies.
Directions: Just open the pudding cups and crumble Oreos on top. Add the ghost and pumpkins and you're ready for the party.
#6 Witch Hat Cookies
I just love these cookies - the look and the taste.
- Fudge Stripe Cookies
- Orange food coloring (or mix red and yellow to make orange)
- A can of vanilla frosting (put some in a bowl and color with orange food coloring)
- Hershey Kisses
Directions: Turn the cookie upside down so the chocolate side is facing up. Add a dollop of orange frosting to the middle of the cookie. Place a Hershey kiss on top of the frosting and press down. There you have it, your witch hat cookie.
#7 Frankenstein Chips and Guacamole
- Dark tortilla chips - they look best for this fabulous chip and dip snack.
- Olives for decorating
- Guacamole - either store bought or homemade guacamole.
Directions: Spread the guacamole into a rectangle on a large platter or even a foil covered cookie sheet will do. Use the olives to decorate Frankenstein's face and neck bolts. Place chips at the top for his hair.
#8 Fruit Skewer Pumpkin Head
- A pumpkin
- Long Skewers
- Pineapple chunks
Directions: Cut your favorite fruits into bite size pieces and place on skewers. Poke skewers into a medium size pumpkin, draw on a scary face, and presto you have a Halloween snack and centerpiece all in one.
#9 Nutter Butter Ghosts
- Nutter Butter cookies
- A can of vanilla frosting
- Mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
Directions: Spread each cookie with a layer of vanilla frosting. Add the mini chocolate chips for eyes and you are done, simple as that and oh so cute!
#10 Rice Krispie Treat Candy Corn
- 10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 bags mini marshmallows, 10oz each
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- orange food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- aluminum foil
- cooking spray
- Measure 10 cups of rice cereal into a bowl, now divide this into 3 smaller bowls, a bowl with 2 cups, a bowl with 3 1/2 and a bowl with 4 1/2 cups set aside.
- Measure 2 cups of marshmallows and set aside.
- Cut a piece of foil about 14" long and spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Spray a very large MICROWAVE SAFE bowl and a spatula with cooking spray.
- Add the stick of butter to bowl. Place bowl in microwave and cook till butter is melted, start with 30 seconds and check, add another 30 seconds and check, keep doing so until butter is melted. Add vanilla and salt, stir. Add marshmallows (all except the 2 cups you set aside.) Microwave for 60 seconds Stir with spatula. Keep microwaving and stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted. Once mixture is smooth add the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and stir well, don’t microwave any more. The added 2 cups of marshmallows will mostly melt and the little lumps that are left are going to add little pockets of marshmallow goodness to the treats.
- Pour a small bit of the marshmallow mixture into the 2 cup bowl of cereal, mix well. With your hands pat this white mixture into a flat circle on the foil.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into the 3 1/2 cup bowl of cereal, add orange food color and mix well. With your hands you will pat the cereal to form a ring to go around the white circle on the foil.
- Pour marshmallow into the 4 1/2 cup bowl of cereal, add yellow food color and mix well. With your hands you will pat the cereal into a ring to go around the yellow krispie treat ring on the foil.
- You should now have a circle of white krispies in the middle, with an orange ring around the white and then a yellow ring around the outside. Cut into triangle slices like you would a pizza pie. Serve and Enjoy!
*Don't make the save mistake I did, real candy corn is yellow at the bottom; I mixed up my colors..oh well, they still tasted delicous!
Happy Fall Y'all
Will you be dressing up for Halloween?
Questions & Answers
© 2017 MomsTreasureChest