Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
Why Wish a Friend a Happy Valentine's Day?
Valentine's day is the holiday of romantic love, but it's also a good time to acknowledge any important people in your life. Writing a Valentine's card for a friend a challenging but worthy task. Most cards are geared toward lovers. These ideas for friendship valentine's day wishes work for a different kind of love.
Think about the goal of your message. What would you like to get across with your words? You can use encouraging words for a single person. You may want to express gratitude for the good qualities of your friendship. Think about the qualities of the person you are writing toward, and include an inside joke to make your message really shine. This collection of messages, poems, and quotes will help you get started.
Messages for a Friend on Valentine's Day
These are concise examples of what to write in a message to a friend. If you are giving multiple Valentine's day cards, use a variety of messages so each is unique.
- I hope you enjoy Valentine's day as much as I enjoy having you as a friend.
- You have a wonderful heart, and for that reason, I'll always be your friend.
- Rose petals have thorns as their companions. I have you. It's good to have a friend like you looking out for me.
- You have at least one friend who loves having you around!
- Friends like you are rare and valuable. I don't know if I've told you that lately.
- I love having you as a friend!
- Having a supportive friend like you makes me feel special on any day of the year, not just on Valentine's Day.
- Thanks for being my friend and my Valentine this year!
- Sending warm feelings to a great friend this Valentine's Day.
- I want to let you know that I admire you for all of your many positive qualities, I love you despite your faults, and I am grateful to have you as my friend.
- You are my Valentine's Day ally. It's nice to have a good friend like you on my team.
- I just want to say thank you for being such a great friend for such a long time. Your loyalty is unfailing.
- Love comes in all different types. The love of a friend is a valuable treasure. I value our friendship and I'm grateful to have you.
- Valentine's day is a great day to let those you love know how special they are. I want to let you know that you are a special friend.
- May you feel a wealth of love today.
- I feel loved this Valentine's Day knowing that I have you as a friend.
- You're my best friend and my best Valentine!
- I know I never have to feel alone because I have you as a good friend.
- With friends like you, holidays become a reminder of reasons to be grateful.
- My life wouldn't be nearly as fun without you as a part of it. I hope you know how important you are to me.
- February 14th seems like just as good as any day to tell you that you're an amazing friend.
Valentine's Day Quotes for Friends
Sometimes quotes are great to use as messages for cards. Let someone else say what you want to say in a fun or witty way.
- Charles Schulz said "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." I think friends like you are pretty important too.
- Lucretius said, "We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another." You, my friend, are definitely not an angel. You are my friend, though. Happy Valentine's Day.
- To quote Helen Keller, "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light."
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.” —Alfred Tennyson
- “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
- “Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief” —Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valentine's Day Poems for Friends
Using a poem for your friend can be a nice way to express your fond feelings and gratitude toward them. Here are a few examples of poems for friends. Use these for your a friend as they are or add another verse to customize.
"Since You're My Friend" Valentine's Day can be a special day When someone really cares about you So Valentine's Day is more than o.k. Since you're my friend and I'm yours too —Blake Flannery "Laughing Along with You" A friend is someone you can count on To tell you what you need to hear A friend can give encouraging words To help you get over your fears Friends will stay right by your side Even when others give up on you Friends can laugh when you screw up But you'll be laughing along too —Blake Flannery
Emma on February 15, 2020:
I have a boyfriend but for Valentine’s Day me and my best friend went as friends and she told my boyfriend that she was stealing me and that I was her valentine and he got mad
HappinessPeace&Love on February 13, 2020:
Omg, this helped me so much. Had to wake up really early since I forgot to do the cards. My friends are gonna love this!❤️
Read More From Holidappy
Morgan on February 13, 2020:
My best friend has to leave for a month after this sunny March and I really want to make a special for her but I don’t know how she’s like she said that she does speak things a lot but I don’t know what it is and there’s so much going on what should I do because I really want to do something really really special but I really just want us to be about her just can you please help me
alisa on January 30, 2020:
I have a boy friend should I kiss him or hug him cause we do kiss
Ally on January 28, 2020:
This year I wrote down all of the quotes from this and some other quotes that I found and insert the whole card I’m pretty sure that my best friend is going to love this
Lilia on February 13, 2019:
These poems inspire me to always be by my friends side. Friends are those you should always look out.
warin jr on February 13, 2019:
It was a great post who helped me.
Stara on February 13, 2019:
Wow this is really good, it helps me a lot
ThisMayBeASkamSoNotMyRealName\Unknown on February 12, 2019:
this helped me so much I had to write 24 cards thank you for helping me out
Hi on February 12, 2019:
I think this is really helpful and even helpful for students like me!
Unknown on February 05, 2019:
Meh it wasn't very good
Ridoy starlord on November 09, 2018:
wow this is really a great post
Kathy on February 12, 2018:
This is a really good network that has helped me through so much.
Charlie Jennety on February 12, 2018:
Just what I needed to write my poems
Sara on February 08, 2018:
This was a big help to me writing v day cards,thank u
raju on February 13, 2015:
Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
Ashley on February 13, 2015:
This website helped me a lot
Evelyn on February 04, 2015:
I love this web site. My fave quote they have had for Valentine's Day is "If I had a flower for every time I thouhgt of you... I could walk through my garden forever." After I heard that quote, I instently thought of my best friend.
Amanda from Michigan, United States on January 23, 2013:
Proof that Valentine's Day isn't just for romantic love.
Patricia Scott from North Central Florida on January 07, 2013:
Nice collection. I have just read love quotes by injured lamb and included a few of them on some cards I have made in my card making hub.
The Charlie Brown quote is adorable. Am bookmarking this to come back and refer to. thanks for sharing...
Sending Angels to you and yours...:) ps