Valentine's Day Messages, Poems, and Quotes for Friends
Valentine's day is the holiday of romantic love, but it's a good time to acknowledge any important people. This can make writing in a card for a friend a challenging but worthy task. Most cards are geared toward lovers. These ideas for friendship valentine's day wishes work for a different kind of love.
Think about the goal of your message. What would you like to get across with your words? You can use encouraging words for a single person. You may want to express gratitude for good qualities of your friendship. Think about the qualities of the person you are writing toward, and include an inside joke to make your message really shine. This collection of messages, poems, and quotes will help you get started.
Messages for a Friend on Valentine's Day
These are concise examples of what to write in a message to a friend. If you are giving multiple Valentine's day cards, use a variety of messages so each is unique.
- I hope you enjoy Valentine's day as much as I enjoy having you as a friend.
- You have a wonderful heart, and for that reason, I'll always be your friend.
- Rose petals have thorns as their companions. I have you. It's good to have a friend like you looking out for me.
- You have at least one friend who loves having you around!
- Friends like you are rare and valuable. I don't know if I've told you that lately.
- I love having you as a friend!
- Having a supportive friend like you makes me feel special on any day of the year, not just on Valentine's Day.
- Thanks for being my friend and my Valentine this year!
- Sending warm feelings to a great friend this Valentine's Day.
- I want to let you know that I admire you for all of your many positive qualities, I love you despite your faults, and I am grateful to have you as my friend.
- You are my Valentine's Day ally. It's nice to have a good friend like you on my team.
- I just want to say thank you for being such a great friend for such a long time. Your loyalty is unfailing.
- Love comes in all different types. The love of a friend is a valuable treasure. I value our friendship and I'm grateful to have you.
- Valentine's day is a great day to let those you love know how special they are. I want to let you know that you are a special friend.
- May you feel a wealth of love today.
- I feel loved this Valentine's Day knowing that I have you as a friend.
- You're my best friend and my best Valentine!
- I know I never have to feel alone because I have you as a good friend.
- With friends like you, holidays become a reminder of reasons to be grateful.
- My life wouldn't be nearly as fun without you as a part of it. I hope you know how important you are to me.
- February 14th seems like just as good as any day to tell you that you're an amazing friend.
Valentine's Day Quotes for Friends
Sometimes quotes are great to use as messages for cards. Let someone else say what you want to say in a fun or witty way.
- Charles Schulz said, "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." I think friends like you are pretty important too.
- Lucretius said, "We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another." You, my friend, are definitely not an angel. You are my friend, though. Happy Valentine's Day.
- To quote Helen Keller, "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light."
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.” -Alfred Tennyson
- “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
- “Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief” -Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valentine's Day Poems for Friends
Using a poem for your friend can be a nice way to express your fond feelings and gratitude toward your friend. Here are a few examples of poems for friends. Use these for your a friend as each already are, or add another verse to customize.
"Since You're My Friend" Valentine's Day can be a special day
When someone really cares about you
So Valentine's Day is more than o.k.
Since you're my friend and I'm yours too -Blake Flannery "Laughing Along with You" A friend is someone you can count on To tell you what you need to hear A friend can give encouraging words To help you get over your fears Friends will stay right by your side Even when others give up on you Friends can laugh when you screw up But you'll be laughing along too -Blake Flannery