I love Halloween, but that's not all! I am the Halloween kitchen witch, but I consider myself a witch of all trades.
Halloween Party Punch
I love to make this black punch recipe for my Halloween parties. It's easy, it's cheap, and it's sure to earn lots of OOHS and AAHS from your party guests. The added ice cube hand is just gory enough to add a bit of thrill to this party punch recipe. The ice cube is as easy to make as the punch is, so this recipe won't take you long at all. There are two different versions of this punch—one with liquor and one without.
Black Halloween Party Punch Recipe (No Liquor)
Time to get out your punch bowl! One with a skull design would really be cool, but not all of us have one of those. This might be the perfect time to buy one if you like.
- 1 (.13 ounce) envelope unsweetened powdered grape soft drink mix
- 1 (.13 ounce) envelope unsweetened powdered orange soft drink mix
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1 liter ginger ale
- Pour the sugar and water into your punch bowl.
- Pour in the powdered drink mixes and stir until they are completely dissolved in the water.
- Add the ginger ale right before you serve it.
Black Halloween Punch Recipe (With Liquor)
This punch looks similar but is alcoholic and uses different ingredients.
- 1 bottle of dark, dry wine (750 ml)
- 16 ounces of dark red fruit juice (I like cherry)
- 4 ounces of brandy
- 3 ounces of rasberry liquor like Chambord
- Blackberries, black seedless grapes, and plums all work well as garnishes for your punch
- Mix all the ingredients into a punch bowl or giant pitcher.
- keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
- Pour it into a punch bowl
- Add the frozen ice hand after removing it from the glove (optional)
Skull Shaped Drink Dispenser
These glass drink dispensers are all the rage right now. The size of these dispensers allows you to serve punches and drinks without having to refill the container multiple times during the party. These containers usually hold more than half a gallon.
How To Make an Ice Hand to Float in Your Halloween Punch
To make a frozen ice hand, you will need some disposable gloves. Rinse the gloves, fill them with water, seal off the top using a rubber band, lay the hand in the freezer until it's solid. Make sure your glove is a surgical glove and that it's powder-free.
You will want to make at least a couple of these ice hands. The number you make will depend on how much punch you think you will be serving.
How To Make An Ice Hand Video Tutorial
If you have a spooky skull punch bowl, use it. If you don't you can pour these punch recipes out of a pitcher. Don't sweat the small stuff. This recipe will make yummy punches, the ice hand will make your friends laugh. . . or cry. . . and your Halloween party will be off to a great start!
DIY Black Sangria Recipe For Halloween
More Halloween Punch Ideas
I've added a couple more recipes to give you more ideas for the Halloween punch that will be perfect to serve at your party. There are so many fun ideas you can use. Just remember to add a bit of whimsy and fun to your recipes...think fangs, spiders, frozen ice hands, ice cubes that look like brains, bats, pumpkins, ghosts, ghouls, tombstones, and more.
You can also decorate around the punch bowl or pitcher using spider webbing, plastic spiders or skulls. Let your imagination take over and have fun at your party!