Halloween Messages, Jokes, and Poems to Write in a Card
Halloween is a chance to write something creative and fun in a card message. Sometimes it might be difficult to think of what to write: Something scary? Something silly? Being scared on Halloween is to be expected, but you don't need to be scared of wishing someone a Happy Halloween.
These short Halloween messages can be used in text messages, funny Facebook status updates, or cards. Many of the following messages could be used for a kid's Halloween card. Edit the following to fit your own personal taste!
Funny or Silly Halloween Messages
Use these funny Halloween card messages for your card, SMS message, text message, or Facebook status update if you're feeling silly and want to send good wishes for the holiday.
- Happy Halloween from your fiend.
- Nothing gives you a better day on Halloween than having a good hair day. Make sure you use a lot of scare-spray.
- Have as much fun as a ghost this Halloween. No body has as much fun as a ghost.
- I hope you have a killer day this Halloween.
- I'm glad to have you as my ghoul-friend this Halloween. Happy Halloween. (for a girlfriend)
- I am dying to have a great Halloween with you. Happy Halloween!
- Halloween is really just a day for us to dress up like our favorite characters and act like kids again without anyone thinking we are crazy. Happy Halloween.
- Don't be yourself! It's Halloween!
- Good friends share their Halloween candy.
- October 31st is the best day to be weird. Then, on November 1st, you have to put your mask and costume back on to blend into society.
- Check your candy for razor blades. Those things are expensive.
- Halloween is the best time to show your neighbors how normal you are by dressing up like a monster and threatening them if they don't give you candy. Then later that night you can go trick-or-treating too.
- I hope you are able to dance like a ghost this Halloween. Let's BOOOgie!
- The skeleton laughed at this Halloween card message. It tickled his funny bone.
- Don't forget to brush your teeth tonight. You don't want to get a boo-thache. (from a dentist)
- The werewolf wants to wish you a Happy Howloween!
- There's no reason to be scared on Halloween, unless you are a Reese's peanut butter cup.
- I hope your Halloween doesn't suck like a vampire.
- Wishing you a Halloween that screams!
General Halloween Messages for Friends or Co-Workers
Use the following general Halloween messages in a card for a co-worker or friend. If you don't feel like being silly, but you want to send a card, these messages should do the trick. They work as business holiday card messages, because they are more general.
- I am hoping you have a great Halloween. Stay safe.
- Halloween is a great time to dress up and have a little fun. Happy Halloween.
- Wishing you a great fall season. Stay warm and cozy.
- Have a spooky time on Halloween. Don't get too scared though. Happy Halloween.
- Don't eat too much candy this Halloween. (from the dentist)
- Eat lots of candy this Halloween. Have a blast getting scared.
- Have fun dressing up, getting candy, and getting scared. Wishing you a fun Halloween.
How to Write Your Own Halloween Messages
You may want to write your own Halloween messages. In this case, you may want some help coming up with ideas. This will require thinking about some Halloween related subjects and objects.
- List some Halloween related words: scary, spooky, ghost, goblin, scarecrow, pumpkin, jack-o-lantern, witch, October, haunted, costume, trick or treat, vampire, monster, mummy, Frankenstein, werewolf.
- Think of some interesting relationships between these items and other things that sound the same: For example, let's take the word Frankenstein. It you break down the word you can get Frank and Einstein.
- Make your joke: Question: What kind of hot dogs did Einstein eat for Halloween? Answer: Frank-Einsteins!
- Convert your joke into a Halloween card message: "Smart people eat hot dogs on Halloween. They eat Frank-Einsteins."
This may be a corny example, but it shows that with some thought you can come up with your own Halloween messages. Leave your ideas in the comments at the bottom of this page!
Sometimes a poem works like a charm in a Halloween card or as a Halloween wish. Use brief poems like those below, if you're a fan of poetry.
Your Dentist Wins
What a cool sight
Costumes all around
And screams resound
All the candy
Tastes so dandy
A cavity begins
Your dentist wins
To wish you a happy Halloween
Is a very Taboo thing to do.
I’d rather you be very scared
So all I’ll say to you is Boooo!
Bible Verses and Christian Halloween Messages
Being a Christian during Halloween can be confusing. Halloween is a celebration of evil and dark themes, yet loving your neighbors is one of God's commands. Opening the door to a trick or treater or sending a card to a friend are ways to show God's love. This is especially true when communicating something inspirational. These verses and wishes can be used to encourage people during Halloween or the Fall season.
- I hope you find yourself comforted during these darkening days with the love that shines from within you.
- "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." -Romans 12:21
- We have to have Halloween before we get to have Christmas.
- "This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." -1 John 1:5
- Let us see Halloween as a reminder that evil does exist, but let us also be reminded that we have a powerful God who is looking out for us.
- "And they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, “What is this? A new teaching with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him." -Mark 1:27
- October 31st is just as good of a day to love your neighbor as any other day.
- "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." -2 Timothy 1:7