Happy Independence Day Messages, Wishes, and Quotes
Happy Independence Day Messages
It’s our nation’s Day of Freedom celebration! Need to write a "Happy Independence Day" message to your family and friends, colleagues, clients, bosses, or employees at the workplace and don’t know how best to go about doing it? Go through this article to inspire your note or card’s wording, and remind your loved ones of the reason we celebrate this historic event every year.
Our national heroes who fought and laid down their lives for the Declaration of Independence and the birth of our country as an independent nation deserves to be remembered not only on the fourth of July, but always. Politicians usually use the occasion to renew their vows, promising to preserve the liberties and freedom we enjoy, to work towards improving the welfare of the masses, and to continue building a great nation that we all can rely on and be proud of.
Although writing good Independence Day wishes and greetings to your fellow country women and men can seem like a time-consuming task, it's an incredibly patriotic act. Someone might find it daunting to choose the right words to use at times. It will be nice to make effort in identifying some good words to express how we can build on the dreams of the founding fathers as we celebrate this historic event and to be thankful to the “Independence Movement” that fought for the nation’s freedom from the colonial rulers.
Pair the examples listed below with your own original message to wish your loved ones a wonderful Day of Freedom. However, if you’re still stuck, copy one from the samples below. You can also send these best wishes via text/SMS, email, or use it as happy “Independence Day” status update for Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, or any other social networking site.
Independence Text Messages
Below, you will find some general phrases in case you want to keep things short and nice. They are good for text messages or SMS.
1. Let’s salute the nation.
2. I pledge that the labor of our past heroes shall not be in vain.
3. Feel proud of being part of a prosperous nation.
4. Happy Independence Day.
5. Nothing is as good as being an independent and self-sustaining nation.
6. Best wishes on Independence Day.
7. Wishing you a happy Independence Day.
8. Happy birthday our dear country.
9. Enjoy the freedom to the fullest.
10. Let’s remember all past heroes who fought for our freedom and unity.
11. Proud to be Nigerians!
12. Proud to be Americans!
13. Proud to be Native Americans!
14. May God continue to uplift the country’s glory!
15. May God bless our country!
16. Pleased to be born in a free country.
17. We have demonstrated to our colonial masters that we are worthy of the independence.
18. Today is a very special day for the nation and its people.
19. Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans.
20. I wish you all a happy Independence Day celebration.
21. Have a safe and enjoyable Independence Day!
22. Keep enjoying the freedom offered.
23. I hope this Independence Day brings you happiness and hope.
24. A blessed and glorious free nation.
25. Thank you for bringing the nation where it is today.
26. Happy Fourth of July!
Messages on Independence Day
1. “The future, progress, and development of our great country does not lie solely on technological improvement, but on how we build social cohesion and trust between our nation and its people. That way, we can build a great nation we all can rely on and be proud of. Happy Fourth of July!”
2. “As a nation, we need good leaders. Leaders who we all can trust, the kind of leaders who always put public interests above their political or personal interests, so that the yearnings and aspirations of the commoners can be realized. This is my message to all as we mark this year Independence Day anniversary. Have a fun celebration.”
3. “As we celebrate our nation’s independence day, let’s remember our past leaders who lost their lives in the battle for the freedom we are enjoying today. Have a wonderful independence day.”
4. “Every citizen should have a sense of belonging wherever they found themselves. Let all our politicians rise to the great task of building social trust between the people and the nation. By so doing, we can have peace and stability in our country. Here’s wishing everyone a happy freedom day celebration.”
5. “Freedom does not come so easily. We are indebted to our national heroes who made this country what it is today. As patriotic citizens, let’s put extra effort to perform our own civic rights and responsibilities. Our diversities should not be seen as a weakness but as our strength. It is only by working together that we can build a resilience nation.”
6. “Your contribution towards moving the country forward is very important. We need to be mindful of how our actions and in-actions affect other people’s well-being. Have a fun filled celebration.”
7. Let us think of something we can do for our nation to make it a place of wealth, peace, and happiness. Here’s wishing you and your family a safe and happy Independence Day.”
The most peaceful country to live in the world.
8. “As we celebrate our nation’s independence, here’s wishing you and your family the best the nation has to offer.”
9. “As we remember our national heroes today, let’s renew our pledge to always uphold our national unity so that we can live together in peace and harmony.” Happy Independence Day!
10. “May the flag of our country always fly high and higher as we mark our [insert year] Independence Day.”
11. “Again, it is time for us to show other nations that we are great people from a great nation. And let's continue our struggle towards prosperity and betterment of our dear nation. Have a wonderful Independence Day.”
12. “As we mark our [insert year] Independence Day today, start to think of something that you have done to better the welfare of the people. If none, then start to think of what can be done towards improving the general well-being of the people. Happy Independence Day!"
13. “I am pleased and honored to be part of this peaceful and free nation. Here’s wishing everyone a safe and happy Independence Day celebration.”
14. “The labor of our past leaders should not be in vain. As we rejoice today, let’s remember them and pledge to always strive hard towards upholding the freedom and unity they fought for. Have a wonderful Independence Day.”
A nation of pride. Happy Independence Day!
15. “Today marks our nation’s [insert year] Independence Day, we need to change our attitude towards others, say no to corruption, and give every citizen a sense of belonging, doing these things can build and sustain the kind of nation our past heroes dream of and laid down their lives for.”
16. "Never limit it till Independence Day, always remember the sacrifice of our national heroes who took the country where it is today. United we stand, let us as good people strive hard and working together to build a virile indivisible nation that is filled with peace, love, happiness and prosperity.”
17. “Let’s remind ourselves of the message delivered on the day our founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence. Let’s pledge to always say no to violence and terrorism. Protect the nation’s security and unity and feel proud of being a citizen of this great country. Here’s wishing you a fun filled Independence Day.”
18. “This country deserves your loyalty, not only on a special day like this but always. Have a fun celebration.”
19. “Each time I remember those who laid down their lives for this Day of Freedom we are celebrating, tears roll down from my eyes. I wish they are alive today to see how the country is progressing to greatness.”
20. “If I am giving an opportunity of being born into this world again, I will choose to live my life over and over again in this great country filled with happiness, love, and shared prosperity. Happy Fourth of July!”
Proud of being a citizen of a free country.
Some Notable Independence Day Dates
Independence Day Date
4th of July, 1776
1st of July, 1867
7th of September, 1822
15th of August, 1947
14th of August, 1947
12th of June, 1898
11th of December, 1931
1st of October, 1960
31st of August, 1957
25th February, 1961
3rd of October, 1932
Did you find this article helpful?
© 2016 Oyewole Folarin