Happy Independence Day Messages, Wishes, and Quotes for July 4th
Need to Write an Independence Day Card?
Every July 4th, our nation celebrates its independence and freedom. Our national heroes who fought and laid down their lives to secure our independence as a nation deserve to be remembered not only on the 4th of July but always. Politicians often use the occasion to promise to preserve the liberties and freedom we enjoy, work toward improving the welfare of the masses, and continue building a great nation that we all can rely on and be proud of.
Do you need to write an Independence Day message for a friend, coworker, or family member but don’t know how best to go about doing it? Although writing good Independence Day wishes can seem like a time-consuming task, it's actually a fun and patriotic act. Read through these sample greetings to inspire your note or card’s wording so you can remind your loved ones of the reason we celebrate this historic event every year. You can use one of these sample wishes as-is or combine, adapt, and modify several of them to make your own original Independence Day message.
Short Greetings for Text Messages
Below, you will find some short and to-the-point phrases to use if you want to keep your greeting simple and direct. These are perfect for SMS text messages.
- Let’s salute the nation!
- I pledge that the labor of our past heroes shall not be in vain.
- I feel proud to be a part of a prosperous nation.
- Happy Independence Day!
- Nothing is as good as living in an independent and self-sustaining nation.
- Best wishes and happy Independence Day!
- Here's wishing you a happy Independence Day!
- Happy birthday to our dear country!
- Happy 4th of July—enjoy freedom to its fullest today!
- Let’s remember all of the past heroes who fought for our freedom and unity.
- Proud to be a Nigerian!
- Proud to be an American!
- Proud to be a Native American!
- May God continue to uplift this country’s glory!
- May God bless our country!
- Here's to being born in a free country!
- Today is a very special day for the nation and its people.
- Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!
- I wish you all a safe and happy Independence Day celebration.
- Have a safe and enjoyable Independence Day!
- Keep enjoying freedom to its fullest! Happy 4th.
- I hope this Independence Day brings you happiness and hope!
- Here's to our blessed and glorious free nation!
- Happy 4th of July!
Longer Messages for Cards
- The future, progress, and development of our great country do not depend solely on technological advancements but on how we build social cohesion and trust between our nation and its people. Let's continue building a great nation we can all rely on and be proud of. Happy 4th of July!
- As a nation, we need good leaders who we can trust—the kind of leaders who always put the public's wellbeing above their political or personal interests so that the yearnings and aspirations of the common people can be realized. This is my message to all as we mark this year's Independence Day anniversary. Have a fun celebration!
- As we celebrate our nation’s independence, let’s remember our past leaders who lost their lives in the battle for the freedom we are enjoying today. Have a wonderful Independence Day!
- Every citizen should have a sense of belonging wherever they find themselves. May all our politicians rise to the great task of building trust between the people and the nation so we can have peace and stability in our country. Here’s wishing everyone a happy freedom day celebration!
- Freedom does not come so easily. We are all indebted to our national heroes who made this country what it is today. As patriotic citizens, let’s put extra effort into performing our own civic responsibilities. Our diversity should not be seen as a weakness but as our greatest strength. It is only by working together that we can build a resilient and thriving nation.
- Your contribution to moving the country forward is very important. We need to be mindful of how our actions and inactions affect other people's wellbeing. Have a fun-filled celebration!
- Let us be mindful of everything we can do for our nation to make it a place of wealth, peace, and happiness. Here’s wishing you and your family a safe and happy Independence Day!
- Here’s wishing you and your family the best the nation has to offer as we celebrate our country’s independence!
- As we remember our national heroes today, let’s renew our pledge to always uphold our national unity so that we can live together in peace and harmony. Happy Independence Day!
- May the flag of our country fly higher and higher each year as we mark the anniversary of our independence.
- Again, it is time for us to show other nations that we are great people from a great nation. Let's continue to work toward the prosperity and betterment of our dear country. Have a wonderful Independence Day!
- As we mark our [insert number] Independence Day today, try to think of something that you have done to better the welfare of the people. If nothing comes to mind, then try to think of what you might be able to do in the future. Happy Independence Day!
- I am pleased and honored to be a part of this peaceful and free nation. Here’s wishing everyone a safe and happy Independence Day celebration.
- The labor of our past leaders should not be in vain. As we rejoice today, let’s remember them and pledge to always strive our hardest to uphold the freedom and unity they fought for. Have a wonderful Independence Day!
- Today marks our nation’s [insert number] Independence Day. We need to be mindful of our attitude toward others, say no to corruption, and give every citizen a sense of belonging. In doing these things, we can build and sustain the kind of nation our past heroes dreamt of and laid down their lives for.
- Always remember the sacrifice of our national heroes who took made this country what it is today. United we stand! Let us work hard and strive together as a united people to build an indivisible nation that is filled with peace, love, happiness, and prosperity.
- Let’s remind ourselves of the message delivered on the day our founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence. Let’s pledge to always say no to violence and terrorism, protect the nation’s security and unity, and feel proud of being citizens of this great country. Here’s wishing you a fun-filled Independence Day!
- This country deserves your loyalty not only on a special day like this but always. Have a fun celebration!
- Each time I remember those who laid down their lives for this day of freedom we are celebrating, tears roll down my cheeks. I wish they were alive today to see how the country is progressing toward greatness.
- If I am given an opportunity to be born into this world again, I will choose to live my life over and over in this great country filled with happiness, love, and shared prosperity. Happy 4th of July!
Independence Day in Countries Around the World
Independence Day Date
4th of July, 1776
1st of July, 1867
7th of September, 1822
15th of August, 1947
14th of August, 1947
12th of June, 1898
11th of December, 1931
1st of October, 1960
31st of August, 1957
25th February, 1961
3rd of October, 1932
© 2016 Oyewole Folarin