How to Carve an Elsa Pumpkin From the Disney Movie Frozen
Having an Elsa pumpkin on your porch this Halloween will make you the most popular house in the neighborhood. I have been using this different technique for over seven years. Read on for detailed instructions and pictures.
What You Will Need
What you will Need
- 2 Copies of the stencil: One to stick onto the pumpkin and one for reference
- Spray Adhesive: You can find it in craft stores and in most craft sections in department stores
- Thumb Tack: The one pictured are sharp and pierce the paper much better then the plastic piercing tool you find at Halloween
- : The smaller the blade the more control you have in your carving Saw Tools
- Carving Tools: Loew-Cornell wood carving knives are very sharp and do an excellent job in carving, and peeling the skin. Also inexpensive.
- Elsa Stencil (which I made myself)
This type of thumb tack has a better grip then the flat headed thumb tack
Elsa Pumpkin Stencil
Lightly Spray the Back of the Stencil With the Spray Adesive, Then Stick Onto the Pumpkin
Use a Thumb Tack to Outline the Gray
With a Small Saw Tool Cut the Black
Depending on how much spray adhesive was use there might be some glue left behind on the pumpkin . Gently rub it off with a paper towel