How to Make a Cork Craft Reindeer
Christmas Reindeer Guys and Gals
If you have been reading my articles, then you already know: I love to make art projects from found objects.
I watched Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer this weekend, and he was my inspiration to build these cute reindeer from my wine corks. Every one needs a project like this to cheer them up for the holidays.
This project requires eight wine corks and one champagne cork. However, you don't have to drink that much to get the corks; you can purchase them in any wine making supply store.
Supplies and Assembly
You will need:
- a pair of scissors
- meat skewer
- a glue gun (If you don't have a glue gun, then any glue that dries clear will do the job.)
- nine wine corks and one champagne cork to assemble to make the deer.
- Then felt is required to make the blanket, eyes, and the tail. You will need red, green, white, and brown felt for this project. A red pom pom is glued on to liven up the nose. After all he is Rudolf.
- Don't forget to go outside to find some tiny sticks for the antlers.
- Glue two corks together end to end and repeat this. Then glue them together to form the little body. The legs are one cork glued to each corner of the body.
- The neck needs to have one corner trimmed off so it can glue snugly to the front of the body. You can glue the red nose on the champagne cork (which I used because it resembles a face shape)and puncture the bigger round end in two places so you can place the sticks into them for antlers.
- When this is all assembled, simply glue it to the neck on an angle to give him character.
- Cutting out the pieces for your reindeer is simple. I chose to make the eyes by cutting three circles out of felt in different sizes. You can buy plastic eyes which would work also. Use the white circle in the middle to highlight his eyes.
- Cut his tail out to fit the back end of the two corks with a pointed, half-inch tail in the middle.
- You can make the blanket by cutting it big enough to cover both sides of the deer and decorating it any way you wish. I just cut strips of red the same length of the green blanket and added green circles.
And here he is Rudolf and his mate want to say Merry Christmas to all the staff and writers of Hubpages. I want to wish everyone a healthy and prosperous New Year and may you all stick around here to enjoy your writing journey on Hubpages next year.