Kids' Recipe: Snowman Soup
This Is a Family Favorite
My mom first gave us snowman soup for Christmas a few years ago, and it has been a family favorite with my five kids ever since. I love gifts for kids that are simple enough for them to make themselves. We've given these for Christmas presents, for class gifts, to teachers, and to neighbors. And we've used them as part of our party favors for our Christmas birthday parties. They make a fun addition to a food gift, or you can put it in a Christmas-themed mug.
Snowman Soup Poem
When it is cold and wet outside,
This treat will warm you up inside.
Add hot water to the mix.
Stir it with the candy stick.
Plop marshmallows in if you wish.
Then gently add the Hershey Kiss.
When you sip this luscious treat.
You'll be warm down to your feet.
It's a Gift Kids Can Make
Gather Supplies and show Kids the Pictures: Follow the picture directions above and kids as young as 3 can help you assemble the gift. I sometimes use red and green M&Ms or chocolate chips instead of the Hershey's Kiss. Also, we usually use regular marshmallows, but I found those snowman ones and thought those were especially cute this year.
Print out the Poem: The poem can be printed out along with the label and a picture, or kids can put on a stamp or sticker. There are a lot of different variations of the poem and label that you can download from Google images and print out. Check my link to see a variety of labels you can download. For a more personal gift, you can have your kids make their own labels by drawing a snowman, or using foam snowman stickers.
Snowman Soup in Cone
Snowman Soup Gift Ideas
I love to use "Snowman Soup" as the gift label for the other treats my kids help me make to give away.
- Cookies and Snowman Soup: We love giving this with some of our Christmas Gingerbread Man Cookies (my own design using sprinkles and M&Ms), which your kids can also make.
- Snowman Soup and Holiday Mix: You can also try giving it with some White Chocolate Popcorn, that kids can make too. You can package this in a mug, wrap it up in a clear bag and attach on a package for a cute gift.
- Snowman Basket Gift: Put a basket together with a snowman-themed mug, ornament, and hand towel, and top it off with the soup!
- Snowman Soup and Peppermint: I have served this delicious Christmas treat along with Candy Cane Cake for my daughter's December birthday. We also sent home the soup with peppermint chocolate candies.
- For Adults: Make Mint Mocha Christmas Coffee! For adults, you can add the ingredients to hot Coffee for a mint mocha Christmas coffee! Enjoy the Christmas treat!
Christmas-Morning Snowman Soup
Best of all, I set our Christmas Morning table with a mug and a packet of snowman soup for all the kids to enjoy. Or, sometimes, I add this to the top of the Christmas stockings. We make our snowman soup to sip while we enjoy opening our Christmas presents before breakfast!