I am a writer with special expertise in textiles, fabrics, printing, and dyeing.
As the year winds down, there's always a lot to do. If you're running out of time to find greeting cards, try out this refreshing refreshing DIY Christmas card idea and surprise your friends and family with something heartfelt and handmade that only takes a few minutes to create and costs almost nothing.
This card's cactus design is a fun spin on the traditional Christmas tree and is perfect for anyone who has had a prickly year but deserves a wonderful holiday nonetheless. Let's get crafting!
- Black marker/sketch pen with a fine tip
- Gold marker (optional)
- Glue or double-sided tape
- A5-size white cardstock (for the base)
- Green cardstock for making the cactus
- A few sheets of colored paper
- A pair of scissors
- Start by drawing and cutting a cactus from the green sheet of paper. See the video below for guidance on shaping.
- Take an A5-size piece of white cardstock and fold it in half to make a base for your greeting card.
- Stick the cactus on the white cardstock base using glue or double-sided tape.
- Using a fine black marker, add details to make it look like Christmas lights are hanging from the cactus.
- Cut circles of various sizes from your coloured sheets of paper and place them on the cactus along the light strand you drew.
- Once you’re happy with the placement of the circles, use glue or double-sided tape to stick them on.
- For a little bit more magic, use a gold marker to add a short message like "Merry Christmas!" to the front of the card. This step is totally optional.
- The only thing left to do is write a magical message for your loved one on the inside of the card. You're all done!
Read More From Holidappy
Tip: You can also make the cactus and the circles for lights using just coloured markers if you are unable to find coloured cardstock.
© 2020 PGupta0919
PGupta0919 (author) on December 21, 2020:
Thank you for your comment Umesh.
Umesh Chandra Bhatt from Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India on December 21, 2020: