Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
What to Write in a Mother's Day Card
Below are a number of examples of what to write in Mother's Day cards. Writing to your mom seems like it should be easy, but sometimes it's difficult to figure out how to put your feelings into words.
Most people agree that mothers are very important—after all, we wouldn't be here without them. They carried us inside their bodies, fed us, educated us, encouraged us, and protected us. Mother's Day is the perfect time to remind her what a blessing she is to those around her, especially her children. Mother's Day is the perfect time to express your gratitude for all that she's done.
Use these ideas to get inspiration for your card. Feel free to combine or change these messages as you please. Make this Mother's Day special by writing a message that eloquently expresses how you really feel.
Examples of Mother's Day Wishes
These are some examples of sincere Mother's Day wishes. Find the one that best fits your mom:
- If I had any different mother, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Because of you, I am sure of myself. Your gifts are priceless.
- I have you to thank for my acceptance that life isn’t fair. Somewhere along the way I learned that I have the best mom in the world.
- It’s amazing to think about how I used to live inside of you. It’s weird and cool at the same time.
- Thanks for taking care of me until I can take care of myself, which might be a while from now.
- Your wisdom has become my self-talk, but I still need to ask you for advice every once in a while.
- Your grace, beauty, and wisdom are my most valuable inheritances.
- You shaped my character with the vision of your heart and the strength of your loving hands.
- I feel eternally grateful for the sacrifices you made.
- The creator designed the role of mother for a reason. You took that role and responsibility seriously.
- Thank you for using your time, energy, and determination in order to be a great mom. I owe you, but I will never be able to repay you.
- You are valuable, because you are a one-of a kind, stupendous, amazing mom.
- Giving birth to me was just the beginning of many labors of love you performed for me.
- I might not have been happy every minute of my childhood, but I am always grateful for the lessons you allowed me to learn.
- Mom, you have been the most influential person in my life. I appreciate all the sacrifices you made to raise me. Happy Mother's Day!
- Thanks for everything that you have done for me, and all that you are still doing.
- I couldn't have had a better mother than you.
- Without mothers, our society would be doomed. You are a great example of what it takes to keep the chaos organized.
- I love you mom, and am glad that God blessed me with such a caring mother. You went above and beyond the call of duty many times.
- Mom, you must have been hand-picked to be the right mom for me. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for you.
- I love you and I love you being my mom.
- You have provided the guidance I needed throughout my life. Things just seem to get a little more complicated the older I get, but you're still here to help. Thanks for all your support.
- Mom you are one of a kind, and I am glad I get to have you as my mom. I have learned much and felt loved by you.
- You have been the most supportive and generous person I have ever known. Thanks for having a huge heart and loving me.
- Mom, thanks for spending so much time helping me when I need help. You do so many things I can't begin to list them.
- Mom, You have all the qualities that make a great mother, and your hard work makes you an even greater mom.
- You fill so many roles as a mom. Sometimes you are chef, sometimes a maid, sometimes a mentor, sometimes a nurse, sometimes a counselor, and you'll always be my mom.
- I'm wishing you a very happy Mother's Day. You have earned it.
Funny Mother's Day Messages
- Moms are superheroes with special lie-detecting abilities. Supermoms don't wear disguises, but sometimes they carry big purses with everything you'd ever need. Happy Mother's Day. Can I have some gum?
- You always knew how to answer my questions, no matter how difficult. So you have a great Mother's Day, 'Because I said so!'
- You brought me into this world, and then you protected the world from me. Thanks for keeping everybody safe while I was growing up.
- I don't know any other mom who would put up with me as well as you.
- Moms are trainers for when you have a crummy boss. I stopped asking and just do what I'm supposed to, 'because you said so.'
- Mom, I just realized that you must have worked for the CIA or something. There's no denying your ability to detect a lie, hear the smallest noise, and see out the back of your head.
- Mom turned backwards is still mom. Mom flipped upside down is wow, as in 'Wow, your room is actually clean!' You'd flip if you ever saw my room clean. Happy Mother's Day!
Say Thanks to Mom
Messages for Stepmothers and Other Special Women
Mothers come in different varieties. Some are young, some are old. Some are sweet and tough at the same time. Some are grandmas or aunts, nice neighbors, or the mothers of friends who accept you with a warm invitation to dinner. If you are writing to one of these special ladies, a traditional mother's day message may not work. Here are some non-traditional mother's day messages:
- I want you to know that I will always think of you as my mom, and I appreciate having you in my life.
- Anyone who has a mother as special as you is a lucky person.
- I have learned a lot from you and I want to acknowledge the influence you've had on me this Mother's Day.
- You have always made me feel like I belong.
- Thank you for giving me your support, love, and guidance.
- It's not the title that makes someone a great mom. You have filled that need in my life more than some moms have.
- I can tell you love me like your own. That makes this day special for both of us.
Words to Use in Mother's Day Cards
If you use the following words, you are likely to write a Mother's Day card message that will make her happy. These words may inspire you to write your own message, and many will jog your memory of all the great things that your mom is and does.
Quotes for Mother's Day
What kind of message is right for your mother?
Amy S. on May 07, 2020:
My mother was a paragon of kindness, loveliness, and generosity. She was everything to me and my siblings. Mama was our teacher, hero, confidant, and best friend. She's the best mother in the world! I always thank God for gifting us with a wonderful mother! Now that she's gone. She already joined the innumerable caravan of our Lord.
jessica on May 11, 2019:
my mom is so sweet, hard working, loving, kind. she is just the only thing I could ask for. I love you mom. if your mom is the some as mine is you are on this site to try to find something that is a 1 comperd to a 10,00000000000000 that your mom gives you every day of your life. can I just say I am on this site to try to find something to say or write for my mom. I am just speachales. she is my rock my friend and best of all my MOMMY. I LOVE YOU MOM.
Linda on May 08, 2018:
Do you have any ideas for a Mother to write on a Mother's day card for her daughter?
Linda Williams on November 04, 2017:
Thank you for your help for it gives me ideas on how to relate
messages on greeting cards for this is my first time doing this
Thank you again.
on knowen on May 05, 2015:
I think that this website is really good :) !!