30 Mother's Day Messages for Teenage Mothers
No Mother's Day card for my mother this year. Her tired body is at rest, but in memory of her energetic spirit, we honor the teenage moms who are rising to the awesome challenge of motherhood like my single, teenage mother did.
While we admire and respect the women who provide the ideal home situation (mother and father united in marriage) for their children, we cannot withhold love and support for others who need a lift from the weight and challenge of an early pregnancy. Please join in encouraging these young women to move forward wisely in their situations that cannot be undone.
Feel free to edit the messages for the most appropriate expression, and be sure to add Love and Happy Mother's Day after each one. Some of the young women may seem undeserving, but who knows how far-reaching, over time, a genuine message of hope can be? Send a personalized card to a teenage mother this year.
Six Teenage Mothers Who Moved Onward to a Successful Life
Age at Pregnancy
1. Maya Angelou (born 1928)
poet, author, civil rights activist
2. Aretha Franklin (born 1942)
gospel and soul music giant
3. Roseanne Barr (born 1952)
16 or 17
actress, writer, television producer
4. Oprah Winfrey (born 1954)
media proprietor, talk show host, philanthropist
5. Sarah Jakes Roberts (born late 1980s)
business woman, author, motivational speaker
6. Amanda Ray Jelks (born late 1980s)
contract / agreement lawyer
Messages From the Parents
- as the new mother assumes her responsibilities
- Life becomes more precious as we watch our little girl grow into a beautiful, caring, responsible mother.
- Your graceful dance to the rhythm of motherhood enhances our dance of pride and joy.
- You've always been quick--to stumble, to cry, to fall, to get up, and now to walk tall and strong in your new role as Mother.
- For our little charming rosy cheek, who became a darling mom so meek, still figuring out life's best to seek, love always!
- You deserve our best wishes, not just for today but for everyday you make strides into the world of productive motherhood.
- May God sustain you, may your child salute you, as we support you into being the successful mother you were designed to be.
From the Friends
- who want to help her maintain focus and self-worth
- Praying that in the garden of motherhood, you will blossom and grow the virtues that will keep you strong and nurture your baby.
- Your caring friends have decided that your friendship is more valuable now that you're richer in experience.
- No matter what else changes, some things like love and friendship remain constant. That's true for us.
- Motherhood is a platform on which women in all age groups stand, pay attention, and discover opportunities to pursue their purpose.
- Around the bend, God makes difficulties like teenage motherhood become a part of divine destiny.
- Beyond the reach of baby screams, may you keep alive your dreams; and as for help through the rough and tough, may our acts of love be just enough.
From the Church Folk
-who know the value of God's presence in the life
- You are always God's child even after you become a mother.
- Along with the noble calling to motherhood, God gives the tools--like gentleness, patience, nurture and confidence--to help you be successful.
- Cuddling your baby will help you understand the joy and comfort of cuddling in your Heavenly Parent's arms.
- Your baby is a gift from God and a reminder to expect more of His good gifts.
- From the beginning, God always had a plan for you and your baby--to protect you, to provide for you, to prosper you.
- May you find in our church family, a representation of God's family, in which love in word and action makes life a little easier for all of us.
From General Well-Wishers
-who recognize the value of direction and encouragement
- There's something in a baby's smile, a baby's touch, the new-baby's smell that tells the mom of any age, "You're special."
- Welcome to the world of motherhood where, in caring for the baby, a woman really learns to give and receive love.
- "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The miracle of birth brings with it other miracles--new love, new joy, new hope--in ways only a new mother can appreciate.
- On your first Mother's Day, enjoy the new feeling of being promoted to the noblest position you'll ever hold.
- "You are loved just for being who you are . . No one can take this love away from you, and it will always be here." - Ram Dass
From the Child
- who is old enough to appreciate the mother's love
- Mom, your faith, your joy and laughter have taught me all along, that even with a faulty start we both can finish strong.
- Thank you Mom, for choosing to give me life, and for showing me daily that I am loved and wanted.
- Whoever has seen the mother who plans her life, her work and play around the interest of her child has seen my mother.
- You deserve to be my mother. You know how I can tell? Whenever you advise me, things turn out pretty well.
- Mom, with your experience to guide me, your prayers to protect me and your heart to love me, you have proven to be the best mother for me.
- Mom, I know you try to steer me from the mistakes you made; but you taught me how to pray for strength and I pray that your fears will fade.
- Links for Teen Parents: Education, Advice and Support for Young Famillies and Parents-to-be - ABC Ne
This is a helpful list of links to a number of resources for teen parents, their parents, and families.
© 2017 Dora Isaac Weithers