Paper Quilling: Fun Craft Projects and Ideas for Valentine's Day
A Basic Quilled Heart
Let's begin with a quilled heart. If you are new to quilling, check out this tutorial for some basic instructions.
- Roll a strip of quilling paper into a closed coil, and glue the end of the strip to the coil.
- Pinch one side of the coil to make a teardrop shape.
- Make a similar teardrop shape with another strip of quilling paper.
- Glue the sides of the two teardrop coils together to make a quilled heart.
How to make a quilled heartClick thumbnail to view full-size
This heart-shaped pendant uses an open coil technique.
- Fold a strip of red quilling paper in half.
- Roll both ends of the quilling paper until the coils meet in the centre.
- Glue the coiled ends together so that it looks like the shape of a heart.
- Make a small closed coil and glue it to the top of the heart pendant.
- Paint the pendant with varnish to make it waterproof and to strengthen it.
- Leave the pendant to dry.
- String a necklace through the small coil.
How to make a heart pendantClick thumbnail to view full-size
Embellishments for Handmade Cards and Quilling Projects
- Take a strip of red quilling paper.
- Fold the paper in half.
- Bring the two ends of the paper together to form an outline of a heart.
- Glue the ends of the paper together.
- Glue the heart on a piece of paper or handmade card.
- Make some red closed coils.
- Arrange the coils along the inside border of one side of the heart.
- Glue the coils to the side of the heart to hold them in place.
- Make a quilled heart with two teardrop coils and arrange it on the other side of the big heart.