I love holidays and trivia. I combine my two passions by creating one-of-a-kind holiday-themed quizzes that can be played at celebrations.
Santa-Movie Trivia Questions
I've created these Santa movie trivia questions all on my own from some of my favorite Christmas classics, all starring you know who. I've included lots of current holiday films with some oldies but goodies. I hope you enjoy the questions, know some of the answers, and learn some new Santa-isms that will delight and surprise you!
If you've got a question that you're burning to add to the list, please let me know in the comments section below. I'd love to learn a new Santa fact and add it to the quiz! This trivia quiz is perfect for your holiday festivities since Santa, after all, is synonymous with Christmas.
Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (1970)
1. Where did Santa get the name Kringle from?
Santa was abandoned as an infant. Animals found him and delivered him to a family of elves who took him in and raised him. Their name was Kringle.
2. What was famous about the Kringles?
They were toymakers to the King. That's how Santa learned about toymaking.
3. Was there a villain in the movie?
Of course, there's always a villain, it was Burgermeister Meisterburger.
4. What did Mrs. Claus do before she met and married Santa?
Mrs. Claus was a school teacher.
5. Who was Tanta Kringle?
Tanta was Santa's guardian and she is the Queen of the elves.
6. What was Mrs. Claus' first name?
Read More From Holidappy
Her name was Jessica.
7. Santa had a penguin friend, can you name him?
The penguin was named Topper.
8. Why did Santa go down chimneys to deliver toys?
The Burgermeister Meisterburger ordered all doors be locked to prevent Santa from delivering toys.
9. What food helps Santa's reindeer fly?
Magic Seed Corn.
10. Why was the tree first decorated in the movie?
It was decorated to celebrate Santa and Jessica's wedding.
11. How did the mayor fall?
He tripped over a toy duck.
12. Why did Santa choose to wear a red suit?
He wore it to honor the tradition of his adopted family, the Kringles.
The Santa Clause (1994)
1. What is Santa's name in the beginning of the film?
Santa's name was Scott Calvin.
2. How old is Curtis the elf?
Curtis is 900 years old.
3. Why did Charlie get in trouble at school?
He was spray painting graffiti.
4. What does Santa have 28 days to do?
5. Who does Santa marry?
Charlie's principal, Carol Newman.
6. Who is Charlie's favorite reindeer?
7. Who was the reindeer in training in the movie?
It was Chet.
8. Scott gained a lot of weight in one week. How many pounds did he gain?
Scott gained 45 pounds in one week.
9. How did he gain that much weight?
He ate cookies and drank milk.
10. What did Bernard give to Santa?
A watch so Santa could tell how much magic he had left.
11. What did the elves tie the policemen up with?
12. Who makes the best hot chocolate?
Judy the elf.
13. What was Scott's favorite game as a child?
He loved Toss Across.
14. How does Charlie prove his dad is Santa to his principal?
He shows her a snow globe and it comes to life.
15. Who was the officiant at Carol and Santa's wedding?
Mother Nature did the honors.
Noelle is the story of Santa's daughter, Santa's retirement, and a brother who doesn't have it in him to take over his dad's role in Christmas.
1. Where is Santa Claus?
He retired to Phoenix, Arizona.
2. Who is supposed to take over his role?
His son, Nick.
3. What book do the Kringles have?
The Book of Santa
4. What expression does Noelle say often?
Oh My Garland!
5. Where do Noelle and Nick live?
In the North Pole
6. How many Kringles, including Santa Nick, have become Santa?
There have been 23 Kringles to become Santa Claus including Santa Nick.
7. When Did Santa Nick disappear?
6 days before Christmas
8. Who did Noelle hire to help her find Santa Nick?
A private eye named Jake Hapman.
9. Who is Polly?
An elf who was Noelle's nanny.
10. What did most kids want for Christmas?
Santa Baby (2009)
1. Why does Mary Class go to the North Pole?
Because Santa Claus had a heart attack.
2. Who is Mary Class?
She is Santa's daughter.
3. Who is Mary's old boyfriend?
Luke, the North Pole mailman.
4. What elf gives Santa a production report?
The production report was given by Gary the elf.
5. Who did not want to end up on the naughty list by saying something fresh?
Mary Cross did not want to end up on the naughty list.
6. What does Mary try to do at the North Pole?
She tries to make Christmas more efficient using modern methods.
7. Who called Mary to tell her Santa was ill?
It was Mrs. Claus, her mother, who called to say Santa fell ill.
8. Who played Santa in this movie?
Santa was played by George Wendt
The Christmas Chronicles (2018)
1. Who jumps into Santa's sleigh?
Kate and Teddy.
2. What happens when Santa sees Kate and Teddy?
He loses control of the sleigh.
3. What did Santa want to trade his Mickey Mantle Rookie Card for?
4. Teddy asks Santa if he can't just trick the cops - what kind of trick did he mention?
Teddy wanted Santa to use a Jedi mind trick on the cops.
5. Who saves Teddy?
The elves and Kate save Teddy.
6. Who does Santa tell to go find the reindeer?
Santa tells Kate to find the reindeer.
7. Why can't Santa deliver the presents as usual?
Because he lost his magic hat!
8. What does Santa give to Teddy?
Santa gives Teddy his hat.
9. What does Officer Dave want for Christmas?
He wants to get back with his wife, Lisa.
10. What does Wendy want to give Santa?
All the tips she made that night.
Santa Claus: The Movie (1985)
1. Who leaves Santa's workshop and goes to New York?
Patch the toy-making elf.
2. What's wrong with Santa?
Santa is frustrated and overwhelmed with work.
3. How long will Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the elves live?
They will all live forever.
4. What color was the first suit made for Santa?
The first Santa suit was green but Mrs. Claus said it was not Santa's color.
5. Who does the homeless kid, Joe, say he is when he first meets Santa?
Joe says he is the tooth fairy.
6. What move with the sleigh and reindeer has Santa been trying to do for years?
Santa has been trying to do The Super Duper Looper.
7. Patch tells the toymaker an old saying, what is it?
Heaven helps those who help their elf.
8. What does Santa's wife always say?
If you give bigger kisses, you get bigger hugs.
9. What company does Patch go to work for?
B.Z. Toys in New York City.
10. Who does Santa catch in his sleigh?
Santa catches Joe and Patch.
Rise of the Guardians (2012)
1. How many Guardians are there?
There are five guardians.
2. Who chose the Guardians?
The Man in the Moon chose the Guardians.
3. Who makes the toys?
The Yetis make the toys in this movie.
4. Who is Mother Nature's son?
Pitch is Mother Nature's son.
5. Who is the oldest Guardian?
The Sandman is the oldest Guardian.
6. What was North the Guardian of?
North was the Guardian of Wonder.
7. What is in Southeast Asia?
The castle where the Tooth Fairy keeps all the teeth.
8. What color are Bunnymund's eyes?
Bunnymund's eyes are green.
9. Jamie has a little sister, what was her name?
Jamie's sisters Sophie.
10. What is Jack Frost's middle name?
Jack's middle name is Overland.
11. Which Guardian traveled by snow globe?
North liked to travel by snow globe.
12. Someone holds the record for appearing on North's Naughty list the most times, who was it?
It was Jack Frost.
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
1. What does Susan ask Santa for Christmas?
Susan asks Santa for a house, a father, and a baby brother.
2. Does Susan believe in Santa Claus?
No, she does not.
3. Kris Kringle speaks to a little girl in a different language, what language was it?
Kris Kringle spoke to a little girl in Dutch.
4. What was Doris Walker's job in Miracle on 34th Street?
She was the Director of the Thanksgiving Parade.
5. Why did Kris Kringle have to go to court?
He was fighting being committed to a mental hospital.
6. Kris tried to teach Susan to imitate an animal, what animal was it?
The animal was a monkey.
7. What evidence did Mr. Gailey show the court in Kris's hearing?
He brought 50,000 letters to Santa.
8. Why did people think Kris Kringle was insane?
Kris said he was the real Santa Claus.
9. What store did Kris and Doris work for?
Macy's Department store in NYC.
10. Why did the first Santa get fired?
He was drinking on the job.
1. Why are the Krum and Ellingboe family involved in a feud?
No one knows why these two families are feuding.
2. Is there really a town named Smeerensburg?
Yes there is.
3. Who does Alva marry?
Alva marries Jesper.
4. What is it that Alva doesn't like about Jesper?
Alva doesn't like Jesper's Moustache.
5. What is Jesper's job?
Jesper is a postman.
6. Who lives alone in a cabin filled with toys?
Klaus lives alone in a toy-filled cabin.
7. What happened to Klaus' wife, Lydia?
Lydia got sick and died.
8. Why did Jesper move to Smeerensburg?
He had to become a postman there, his father had insisted.
9. What ended the feud between the Krum and Ellingboe families?
Olaf and Pumpkin got married.
10. Is Jesper a spoiled young man in the beginning of the movie?
Yes he is but that changes for the better before the end of the movie.
- 99 Christmas-Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Bring your family and friends together with this Christmas trivia collection. Features holiday classics like