Short, Funny, and Creative Sayings About Christmas
Short, impactful phrases are perfect for writing in cards or on presents, but they can also be useful for customizing ornaments, adding text to stitched wall-hangings, and personalizing other holiday crafts and ephemera. I thought it would be helpful to create this article and supply readers with a few short Christmas sayings to use in any manner they wish.
There are so many people out there that are so incredibly creative—my aim here is to help readers save time by supplying these sayings so that all they have to do is come up with creative and thoughtful ways to use them. I myself use them to write in cards, personalize ornaments, cross-stitch on pillows, and for anything else that pops into my mind. I'm sure that once you start brainstorming, you'll find so many ideas swimming around in your head that you will amaze yourself. So sit, think, and create! Enjoy these short and sweet Christmas sayings, and have a fantastic holiday.
Funny Phrases About Christmas
- Christmas season is the time when you buy this year's gifts with next year's money.
- Who needs Visa when you've got Santa?
- A Christmas goodie from me to you—eat it quick before I do . . .
- Nothing is as mean as giving a young child something useful for Christmas.
- I miss the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money.
- Don't get your tinsel in a tangle!
- Santa Claus has the right idea—visit people once a year.
- Be jolly by golly, It's Christmas!
- Lighten up, it's Christmas!
- Fruitcake is my least favorite gift. There is only one in the entire world, and people just keep sending it to each other.
- I believe in Santa . . . just beclause.
- There’s something about Christmas that’s just so magical. Money seems to disappear into thin air.
- Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.
- Who needs Santa? I've got Grandma and Grandpa.
- Christmas is a time when everybody wants their past forgotten and their present remembered.
- If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a merry Christmas?
Sincere and Heartwarming Christmas Sayings
- May your Christmas be wrapped in happiness and tied with love.
- Christmas is love come down to earth—a precious gift of infinite worth.
- Christmas is a treasure chest for memories of our innocence.
- Remember the reason for the season.
- Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
- Wishing you a season filled with sweetness.
- Though we're apart, you're in my heart—this Christmas and always.
- Christmas cookies and happy hearts, this is how the holiday starts.
- Christmas is love—with all the trimmings.
- Not a creature was stirring (not even a mouse).
- Sugar and spice make Christmas nice.
- Love was born on Christmas morn.
- Christmas is a time when you get homesick even when you are home.
- Blessed is the season that engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.
- Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold—everything is softer and more beautiful. If you don't believe . . . you won't receive.
- May all your days be happy and bright and may all your Christmases be white.
- The gift of love. The gift of peace. The gift of happiness. May all these and more be yours this Christmas.
- May your presents be many and your troubles be few. Merry Christmas.
Use These Sayings on a Stitched Ornament
I've included a video below about making a cross-stitched ornament to get you started with ideas about where to use these short phrases. Including one of these short little sayings on a cross-stitched ornament or another gift is a great way to say "you matter to me" to someone that you care about.
Want More Christmas Content?
- Meaningful Christmas Quotes With a Message
Do you need a little Christmas pick-me-up? This beautiful collection of quotes from authors both famous and not-so-famous will warm your heart and fill you with Christmas cheer!
- The 25 Best Christmas Quotes
These 25 Christmas quotes may very well be the best of all time!
- Short Christmas Quotes and Sayings for Cards
This handy resource includes a collection of Christmas quotes that are perfect for including in greeting cards for friends and family.
Questions & Answers
© 2010 Susan Hazelton