Deborah is a craft enthusiast. She particularly enjoys creating crafts with a special theme.
One of the fun pastimes of Halloween is decorating the house with spooky crafts. Creating crafty tricks and treats is a great way to prepare for the day of fright ahead. Here are three DIY crafts that are easy and fun to make. Enjoy!
3 Easy Halloween Decoration Crafts
- Garland of Ghosts
- Creepy Jar
- Spooky Pencil Toppers
1. Garland of Ghosts
Making a garland of ghosts is a great way to decorate for Halloween—especially when one wishes to hang ghostly haunts around the house.
- Craft Twine
- White Tissue paper
- Black marker
- Small white pom poms
- Hot Glue
- Cut a square of white tissue paper to 7 inches by 7 inches. Cut the corners off.
- Place white pom pom in the middle and fold in half. Be sure to glue together. I simply used one drop of hot glue below pom pom.
- Fold both sides towards the center. Be sure that the bottom flares out.
- Glue them closed.
- With a black marker paint ghost faces on the top front of tissue.
- Cut a piece of craft twine 6 feet long. It may be cut longer if you prefer longer garland.
- Glue the little ghost on to the Craft Twine roughly 4 inches apart! I glued 10 ghosts to the twine.
All Done! This garland may truly be as long as you wish and with as many ghosts as you like.
Read More From Holidappy
2. Creepy Jar
This frightening jar is great to decorate for parties and adorn those tables of candy.
- Mason Jar
- Little skulls
- Party beads
- Hot Glue
- Hot glue a small plastic skull to the inside of a mason jar.
- Glue a second skull on top of the first. Then glue a third skull on top of the second. Be sure to glue them well balanced so that mason jar will be able to fit over them.
- Cut each bead off a party necklace into a mason jar. I used two party bead necklaces. Any color you wish!
- Then simply screw mason jar lid with skulls into the jar and turn the jar upside down. This project may be made to a larger scale depending on the size of the jar and the skulls.
3. Spooky Pencil Toppers
This one is great for kids!
- Craft Felt
- Tiny wiggle eyes
- Hot Glue
- Cut a piece of white felt 1 by 2 and a quarter inch. Hot glue felt around the bottom of pencil.
- Glue wiggle eyes on top of felt.
- Cut a piece of white yarn seven inches long. Glue one end of yarn towards middle of pencil.
- Proceed to twine yarn around top of eyes. Apply drop of glue on back of yarn to glue to pencil. Wrap yarn near bottom of eyes and glue back of yarn to felt.
Ideas for these pencil toppers can vary:
- One variation requires two felt pieces—one orange and one black. The black felt square should be 1 inch by 3 1/4 inch in size. The orange one should be 1 1/2 inch by 1 3/4 inch in size. The bottom of the orange square is cut with fray at the bottom. The black felt is glued on to the pencil first then the orange one is glued right above it.
- The jack-o-lantern one is the easiest! Simply glue a little orange felt square on to the bottom of your pencil and draw a little jack-o-lantern face on it with a black marker.