St. Patrick's Day Card Sayings, Blessings, and Quotes
What to Write in a Saint Patrick's Day Card
Celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day is fun tradition that has been carried on throughout the ages. It is so fun and easy to make or buy a card to give to a friend or a loved one. Why not use this day to share some joy and love with those in your life?
I have collected some quotes, blessings, sayings, and the like that might be suitable to put into a card. Some are funny, and some are sweet or thoughtful. I hope you enjoy, and happy Saint Patrick’s Day to you and yours!
Fun Sayings for St. Patrick's Day Cards
- May your paths bloom with shamrocks, and your heart ring with songs, and the sky smile with bright sunshine all this happy day long.
- Bless your little Irish heart - and every other Irish part.
- A wee bit O' Sunshine and Joy, that is what you are. Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
- Kiss Me, I'm Irish! Happy Shamrock Day!
- May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you shall live.
- May the love and protection Saint Patrick can give, be yours in abundance as long as you may live.
- 'Tis a grand thing to celebrate the Irish. Here's to proud memories, warm feelings, and the best wishes one can send on Saint Patrick's Day and always.
- There are good ships, and there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea. But the best ships are friendships, and may they forever be.
- Wishing you the luckiest Saint Patrick's Day ever.
- A true friend is like a four-leaf clover - Hard to find but so lucky to have.
- St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time, a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic. Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
- May you live to be a hundred years, plus one extra year to repent.
Oh, the music in the air,
And the joy that's everywhere,
Sure, the whole blue vault of heaven is 'wan grand triumphal arc',
And the earth below is gay
With its tender green th'-day,
For the whole world is Irish on the Seventeenth o' March!— Thomas Daly
St. Patrick's Day Blessings and Notes
For each petal on a shamrock
This brings a wish your way,
For health, luck, and happiness
For today and every day.
May those who love us, love us more.
And for those who don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if he will not turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we might know them by their limping.
May your blessings far outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
No matter where you go.
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
May luck be your companion
May friends stand by your side
May history remind us all
Of Ireland's faith and pride.
May God bless us with happiness
While love and faith abide.
May you always walk in the sunshine.
May you never want for more.
May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.
May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and into the night.
I am wishing you a rainbow
For sunlight after showers.
Miles and miles of Irish smiles
For golden happy hours.
Shamrocks at your doorway
For joy and laughter too,
And a host of friends that never ends
Each day your whole life through!
May your days be grand
Filled with joy and laughter
And may the greatest of Irish Luck
Be with you forever after.
Top O' The Mornin' to You
May special luck and love and joy
Be with you this Saint Patrick's Day!
Here’s to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one
A pretty girl and an honest one
A cold beer, and another one!
May your thoughts be as glad as shamrocks,
May your heart be light as a song,
May each day bring you bright and happy hours,
That stay with you all year long.
May the Irish hills caress you,
May her lakes and rivers bless you,
May the luck of the Irish enfold you,
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.
May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go,
and guide you in whatever you might do.
May his loving protection be a blessing to you always.
Consider making a homemade card or note. You might be surprised how much joy it can bring to a person! Everyone loves to receive a card. At your local Hallmark card store and others, you can find Saint Patrick's Day cards as well.
I was first turned on to holiday cards when I found one for my Great Aunt, who is Irish. I have since made some of my own using rubber stamps and card making supplies. It is a lot of fun no matter how you give a card. It puts a smile on someone's face, and that is what is important. Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
Saint Patrick Day Card Poll
Have you ever given or received a Saint Patricks Day Card?
© 2012 Paula