Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
Ways to Say "Thank You" to Your Mom on Mother's Day
Your mother is a powerful influence on your social, physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. A handwritten note or card to express your appreciation for her time and dedication to you is the best Mother's Day gift you can give her.
This guide will help you write your own personalized message to show your mom the love and appreciation she deserves for being a powerful role model in your life.
What to Think About When Writing a Mother’s Day Card
- Be positive. This is a special day dedicated to celebrating all mothers.
- Help her feel cared for, loved, and appreciated.
- Remind her that she means the world to you.
- Let her know how she has positively influenced your life.
- Thank her for always being a thoughtful and caring mother.
- If your mom is religious, you can send her prayers for God’s protection, mercy, and blessings upon her life.
"Thank you, Mom, for always being there for me!"
Example Thank You Messages From a Daughter or Son
This collection of messages will help inspire your own heartwarming sentiments. You can add the phrase “Happy Mother’s Day” at the end of your message.
- I feel so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for helping me to become an independent and successful adult with good manners. You are the best mom in the world, and I will never let you down. Once again, thank you, Mom, for everything.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the most amazing mom in the world. I have no doubt that all the important lessons I have learned from you will help me live an excellent life.
- I want to express my deepest gratitude for your unconditional love and care. Thank you for being the secret to my lifelong success. You are such a wonderful mom!
- I have no better gift to give you today than “thank you,” Mom. This Mother’s Day thank you message is a token of my love and appreciation for everything you do. Thanks for being a great mom. I love you!
- I recognize and appreciate your immense contribution to my success, and I want you to know that I owe everything I have to you. Thank you for all the life lessons I have learned from you!
- Thank you for raising me to be the kind of person I am today. I will forever remember everything you have done to help me reach my full potential. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You have no idea how much you mean to me. Thank you for your patience and hard work. You have influenced me in so many positive ways.
- I know how much you have sacrificed for me to be healthy and happy. Words are not enough to express how much I appreciate all your love and dedication.
- Thank you for showing me how to maintain a stress-free life and teaching me how to care for myself as an adult—you are one in a million!
- I am so proud to be your [daughter/son]. Thank you for your positive influence on my physical, social, and spiritual well-being.
- Your behaviors and beliefs have given me first-hand knowledge of how to live an independent and successful life. I am so grateful for all that you have sacrificed.
Words are not enough to appreciate all your love and dedication.
- I am so blessed to have an amazing mom like you in my life. Thank you so much for your immense contribution to my lifelong success and always being there for me.
- Your immeasurable support means so much to me that I really don't know how to repay you. Thank you for never giving up on me—even though I made things difficult for you at times.
- I feel so honored and blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for being the thoughtful, loving, and caring mom that you are.
- Thank you for being the first and most influential role model in my life and always giving me the care I deserve. You are everything I have in this world.
- What greater gift can a [daughter/son] give to their mom on Mother’s Day than a beautiful handwritten thank-you card to show love and gratitude for her continual support? Thank you for being my support pillar before and ever since the day I was born. I love you, Mom!
- Today, I want to let you know that your dedication to me does not go unnoticed. Thank you for encouraging me to be the most perfect [woman/man] I could possibly be. I couldn’t be the amazing [wife/husband] and [mother/father] I am without your guidance. Thanks, once again, to the best mom ever.
- Thank you for all the sacrifices you have made for me and doing everything possible to help me grow and excel in life. I will forever be grateful for everything, Mom.
- Thank you for giving me all the necessary tools to succeed in life and for constantly showering me with affection and love.
- I know very well that you have never lived a life of your own beyond raising me. Most of your time could have been spent concentrating on your career, but instead, you focused your efforts on caring for me. Thank you for being a great mom and for always making me your priority.
- Thank you for doing everything possible to always make me proud of you. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mom in my life.
- Your unconditional love and care mean everything to me. My heart can't thank you enough for giving me such a strong foundation and helping me be the independent adult I am today.
- Thanks for making me believe that I can achieve anything I want—I appreciate your constant love and care.
"Thank you for giving me all the necessary tools to succeed in life and constantly showering me with affection and love."
- I feel so blessed to have a mom who takes such good care of me but also always shows me how to care for myself.
- Thank you, Mom, for always being there and making me feel loved, cared for, and special.
- I want to thank you for always giving me everything I need to live up to my potential.
- I want to let you know how much I appreciate your investment in my life. You are a perfect example of how a great [mom/dad] should be.
- I hope I can inspire my children just as you have inspired me all these years. I love you!
- I know I can be stubborn at times. Despite this, you have always made me feel loved and wanted. I don’t know how I can repay you for everything you do. You are the best mom in the world, and I am so grateful for everything.
- Thank you for influencing my life for the better. I couldn’t have become the responsible parent I am today without your guidance. Thank you!
- Dear Mom, I couldn’t have become the best [mom/dad] I can be without you in my life teaching me what it means to be a responsible and fun-loving parent. Your care means so much to me, and I hope I, in turn, can care for you one day in your time of need.
- Thank you for being my guiding light, for inspiring me, and for always putting me first. I’m so thankful for everything.
- The happiness you brought into my life cannot be quantified. I’m so blessed to have such a hardworking and caring mom.
Messages for a Spiritual Mom
- I thank God for His mercy upon your life. Thank you so much for being a positive influence on my spiritual life. Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom in the world!
- The Lord has really blessed me so much by placing you in my life. I constantly thank God for giving me such a caring and fun-loving mom. May God continue to bless and protect you!
- I’m aware that this is just the beginning of the exciting journey of life. I thank God for making you my guiding light. May He continue to strengthen your spiritual life!
- I thank God for giving me the best mom in the world, and I pray God grant us many more beautiful memories to share together.
- You are everything a child could look for in a mother. I truly appreciate and treasure everything you do. May God’s love, blessing, and mercy be with you every day!
- You are a great mother that is worthy of emulation. May God’s mercy always surround you! I love you, mom.
- You have been the most important part of my life. I appreciate the good example you set for me. I thank God for making you the guiding light in my exciting journey of growth. May His goodness be with you at all times!
- May God fill your heart with happiness just as you have filled mine with love and joy! Have a wonderful Mother’s Day.
- I want to show my appreciation for all the love and care you have shown me since the day I was born. Thanks for being there for me not only when I needed you most but all the time. May God grant all that you wish for in life!
© 2018 Oyewole Folarin
Biswabandita Jena on June 01, 2020:
Wow! The thanks giving messages to our mom are so good. I liked it too much
Effie Chew on May 08, 2020:
Great and superb words! Hope every mum here will be glad!
Fahim quraishi jannat on May 04, 2019:
Paula from The Midwest, USA on July 09, 2018:
So lovely! Thank you for sharing.
Anaya Haider from Lahore on July 09, 2018:
Your stunning words have made this article immensely great. Your words speak about your hard work.Congratulations and well done
Hibba Khan on June 07, 2018:
Congratulations! really amazing words and inspiring
Carla Behr on June 02, 2018:
Congratulations- well done and so useful!
aparna royal from hyderabad on May 31, 2018:
Extraordinary, stunning words.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on May 21, 2018:
These are wonderful suggestions of what to write in a Mother's Day card for those who still have mothers who are alive. These ideas would also work for other important people in one's life by just altering a few words.
Yanglish on May 15, 2018:
Extraordinary, stunning words. You are saying everything my heart feels.
Thelma Alberts from Germany on May 13, 2018:
These are wonderful words for making wonderful Mothers´ Day cards. Thanks for the ideas. Congrats for winning the contest.
FlourishAnyway from USA on May 12, 2018:
What nice sentiments to write on Mother's Day cards. I bet you have no problem personalizing your own cards.
RTalloni on May 11, 2018:
Such nice ideas for personalizing cards on Mother's Day. Congratulations!