Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
Thanksgiving Card Messages
Sending a thoughtful card is a great idea when you can't make it to Thanksgiving dinner. But what should you write in a Thanksgiving card? If coming up with a special and unique message for relatives or friends is a challenge for you, then be thankful for the internet! Use these ideas to get started writing a sincere and personal message. I've also included tips for coming up with your own message. You can combine or change these ideas as needed to create a greeting that works for you.
Thanksgiving Message Examples
- May your belly be full and your heart full of joy!
- Besides the food, my friends and family are the most important part of a great Thanksgiving.
- I enjoy being with my favorite people on my favorite holiday.
- I'm thankful for people like you who give me a reason to be thankful.
- Thanksgiving is just one short moment of the year. I have 365 days to be grateful for my friends so dear.
- I'm mostly thankful for friends like you this Thanksgiving.
- I am wishing many blessings to you this Thanksgiving. May we all realize the most important things for which to give thanks.
- We have much to be thankful for in this family. Our family has been blessed. Happy Thanksgiving!
- I am very thankful for you and for the relationship that God has blessed us with. We have so much, and I look forward to many more blessings God has in store for us.
- I wish I could be with you this Thanksgiving. You'll be in my heart.
- Let's not forget our gracious Lord as we are counting our blessings.
- I hope you are blessed with many reasons to be thankful this Thanksgiving.
- I am thankful for good friends like you.
- May you have an abundance of things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
- I am thankful for the excuse to see family like you at this time of the year.
- "Happy Turkey Day!" said no turkey ever.
- The two best parts of Thanksgiving come after dinner: the nap and the leftovers.
- This is just a card, but you can't complain. It's Thanksgiving!
- I'm thankful that Thanksgiving comes only once a year. Too much of a good thing can be bad, like pumpkin pie or family.
- This year I'm thankful that I don't have to actually leave the house to do my Black Friday shopping.
- I've decided to be grateful instead of just thankful. I'm bringing some attitude to the Thanksgiving table.
- Thanksgiving is like a convention for gluttony. What a great American holiday!
- Remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving this year. It's the day before Black Friday!
- Instead of football games after Thanksgiving dinner, we should watch competitive eating.
- Two parts to Thanksgiving: the thanks part and the giving part. It's a cyclical mystery.
Thanksgiving Text Messages
- May your gathering be as fun as it is tasty!
- It's the best Thursday of the year!
- Thank goodness it's Thanksgiving!
- I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.
More Thanksgiving Sentiments
- I'm thankful for not having to sit at the "kid" table at Thanksgiving this year.
- What irony to have a holiday about being thankful right before the largest shopping day of the year.
- You are what you eat! That makes us all turkeys.
- After the gobble gobble comes the snooze snooze.
- Two things are always plentiful at Thanksgiving: food and family. I hope you get to enjoy at least one of the two.
- Without Thanksgiving, everyone would be in a bad mood at Christmas time. It's tough to be in a bad mood when you're well-fed and focused on being grateful.
- Let's take a moment of silence for all the turkeys on all the tables across the country. OK, that was long enough. Let's eat!
- I love the turkey. I love the pie. If I said I didn't love you as much as Thanksgiving, it would be a lie.
- At our Thanksgiving gathering, there's always a turkey in attendance. We also have a cooked bird on the table that we all eat.
Tips for Writing a Thanksgiving Card
- Make a list of things you are thankful for. Choose your top ten things and write them on your card.
- It might be a good idea to mention the person you are sending the card to as someone you are thankful for.
- Make a joke about eating too much, or turkey, or seeing family. These are the funny things about Thanksgiving that are OK to joke about.
- Make your Thanksgiving message part of a holiday message that includes Christmas and New Years too. This is a more efficient way to send out holiday cards.
Thanksgiving-Related Words to Use in Your Card
Kaylee on November 02, 2019:
This really helped A LOT because I was looking for some funny things to put onto my Thanksgiving cards....
Bob on October 13, 2019:
Thank this helped a lot
Dee on November 17, 2017:
I am thankful to be able to spend the holiday with my cousin, her husband and their friends. We have been blessed to spend many holidays together.
valerie on November 22, 2012:
thank you so much.it helped a lot
francis addai on November 20, 2012:
Thank God for this. I am forever grateful.
Lala on November 23, 2011:
Very helpful...Thank you!!
Cheezy on November 20, 2011:
Rhianna on November 12, 2011:
i like your thanksgiving greeting cards it really helped me out with what to write