Lela Davidson is a mother and writer who is passionate about healthcare and education for women and children.
What’s better than a good joke to get you feeling festive? Children's education experts agree that sharing jokes is an excellent way to develop kids' language skills. Kids don’t care about that; they just want to laugh! (And for the grown-ups in the house, there's nothing like a silly joke to ease holiday tension!)
Get ready for autumn fun with these Thanksgiving jokes collected from around the web. I didn’t make them up, but I do guarantee they're all G-Rated and oozing corniness. In other words: just right for kids!
Knock-Knock Jokes About Thanksgiving Dinner
- Knock, knock. Who's there? Norma Lee. Norma Lee who? Norma Lee I don't eat this much!
- Knock, knock. Who's there? Olive. Olive who? Olive the stuffing too!
- Knock, knock. Who's there? Aida. Aida who? Aida lot more than I should have!
- Knock, knock. Who's there? Phillip. Phillip who? Phillip a big plate and dig in!
- Knock, knock. Who's there? Tamara. Tamara who? Tamara we'll have turkey leftovers!
- If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims!
- If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for? Their age.
- What kind of music did the Pilgrims like? Plymouth Rock.
- Where did the first corn come from? The stalk brought it.
- Why did everyone wear red stockings to Thanksgiving dinner? They thought they were supposed to bring cranberry socks.
Riddles About Turkeys
- Which side of the turkey has the most feathers? The outside.
- Why did they let the turkey join the band? Because he had the drumsticks.
- Why did the police arrest the turkey? They suspected it of fowl play.
- Why did the turkey cross the road? It was the chicken's day off.
- What did the turkey say before it was roasted? Boy! I'm stuffed!
- What did the mama turkey say to her naughty son? If your papa could see you now, he'd turn over in his gravy!
- Why can't you take a turkey to church? Because they use such fowl language.
- Can a turkey jump higher than the Empire State Building? Yes—a building can't jump at all.
- What do you get when you cross a turkey with an octopus? Enough drumsticks for Thanksgiving.
- How can you make a turkey float? You need two scoops of ice cream, some root beer, and a turkey.
- What did the turkeys sing on Thanksgiving Day? God save the kin.
- What sound does a space turkey make? Hubble, hubble, hubble.
Share With Your Children and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed these jokes! And please, feel free to add your own in the comments section!
Tiffany Delite from Wichita, KS on October 31, 2012:
hahaha! what a fun fun hub! i just read another one a few minutes ago with some more jokes on it. thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and i am pretty sure i will have enough little jokes to last the whole day. yay! blessings...
2010* homecomiiiiing (: whoop whoop! on November 25, 2010:
soooooooooo funnnnnnnnnnnny awessssssoooooommmmee!!!
rodriguez284 on November 25, 2010:
thank u i enjoy the knowck knowck ones
LilMissTurntUp on November 24, 2010:
The knock knock jokes were lute :)
kylie on November 24, 2010:
why did the turkey cross the road? To prove he wasn't a chicken
Emma on November 17, 2010:
Why to turkeys always say "gobble, gobble"? Because they never learned good table manners.
Uncle Steve on October 23, 2010:
Give these to grand kids Neices nephews so they can tell them to their Parents
Kira on September 05, 2010:
I'm 6 3/4 and me and my Mom loved them! Thanks for the jokes!
Kayla Nickelson on January 17, 2010:
Any joke is sooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!! I love telling jokes to people.
melcisieelcat on November 25, 2009:
these are funny i told them in chorus and everyone got a crack at it!!!!
Person on November 25, 2009:
Alyssa&Lauren on October 10, 2009:
Q: is turkey soup good for your health?
A: not if you're the turkey! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! THAT'S THE FUNNIEST JOKE IN HISTORY HAHAHAHAHAH:)
Vizey on September 08, 2009:
lovely and cute jokes. I would like to read more jokes. Thanks for making this hub.
india1817 on November 27, 2008:
that is very cool bye
kelly on November 26, 2008:
good ones but you should put DIFFERENT ones in your page.
cindyschulson from San Diego, CA on November 25, 2008:
These are great. My 7 year old son is going to be all over this. I'm going to print them out for him so he can entertain us. thanks!
J_Eds from Blackpool on November 25, 2008:
Is that an oven glove on the photo? If so i WANT ONE! :D
But thanks for the child friendly jokes, very sweet.
KDorfman from Pacific Northwest on November 24, 2008:
Would making a bad turkey joke be considered fowl play? Some people think so, but I beak to differ.
marketingmergenow from Spokane on November 23, 2008:
Lela Davidson! Thank you for the information, I appreciated how you presented this hub.
topguntc on November 23, 2008:
that's funny keep writing more
Rebecca Graf from Wisconsin on November 22, 2008:
These are GREAT! I read them to my son and we had fun.
Carlosweb from USA on October 21, 2008:
jim10 from ma on October 21, 2008:
My kids will love these. Thanks for the jokes and riddles.