As a married mother of two, I have many things to share and have been writing online for many years.
What to Say in a Valentine's Day Card
Every year when Valentine's Day comes around, we are eager to get at least a card for the ones we love. Often, the card says it all, and anything we could add would not really add that much (or so we think!). Sometimes, we just need a little "something more" that we can add to the inside, above where we sign our name. Below are some ideas that you can use or adapt with your own words to get that special message across to your Valentine. Sometimes, just adding a "Happy Valentine's Day" or "I love you" plus the saying is more than sufficient and gets the message across beautifully.
Whether you are buying a card or making your own, I hope you find something here you can use, or that spurs you on to think of your own special message to say. Happy Valentine's Day!
Messages to Put Into a V-Day Card
- I wish you all the love your heart can hold this Valentine's Day.
- If there is anything that makes you happy
- If there is anything that makes you feel loved
- If there is anything that your sweet heart wants
- That is what my heart wants for you this Valentine's Day
- I hope your Valentine's Day is as wonderful as you make me feel!
- With you in my life, I am the luckiest man (or woman) alive. Happy Valentine's Day.
- This message is coming your way to bring you lots of love this Valentine's Day.
- This Valentine's Day is the perfect time to let you know how very much you mean to me. Happy Valentine's Day to the one who means more to me than any other.
- Wishing you the all the best that life has to offer this Valentine's Day.
- Life has more meaning when shared with someone we love. The best part of my life is that I get to share it with you. Happy Valentine's Day.
- Happy Valentine's Day to the one who completes me.
- I am the luckiest person alive to have you as my Valentine. Happy Valentine's Day.
- Sending the warmest wishes possible to the most wonderful person I know. Happy Valentine's Day.
Quotes for Valentine's Day Card
- "What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "I love you - those three words have my life in them." Alexandrea to Nicholas III
- "Come live with me and be my love, and we will some new pleasures prove, of golden sands, and crystal beaches, with silken lines and silver hooks." John Gregory Dunne
- "All love is sweet, given or returned. Common as light is love, and its familiar voice wearies not every." Percy Bysshe Shelley
- "Paradise is always where love dwells." Jean Paul Richter
- "The hours I spend with you I look upon as a sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it...you and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said to have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough." George Moore
- "In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of night, you rescue me, you save my life." Anonymous
- "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." St. Aurelius Augustine
- "Harmony is pure love, for love is a concerto." Lope de Vega
- "If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palm of my hand." Unknown
- "To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven." Karen Sunde
- "There's this place in me where your fingertips still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. Its the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me." Gretchen Kemp
- "What I feel for you seems less of earth and more of a cloudless heaven." Victor Hugo
- "Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again." Author Unknown
- "The course of true love never did run smooth." William Shakespeare
- "To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed." Valerie Lombardo
- "Like music on the waters is thy sweet voice to me." Lord Byron
- "My night has become a sunny dawn because of you." Ibn Abbad
- "The life and love we create is the life and love we live." Leo Buscaglia
- "Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "My heart is ever at your service." William Shakespeare
- "You are nothing short of my everything." Ralph Block
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." Herman Hesse
- "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever." Alfred Lord Tennyson
- "One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love." Sophocles
- "Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me." Sarah Bernhardt
- "Thou art to me a delicious torment." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Valentine's Day Message - Poll
© 2012 Paula
Paula (author) from The Midwest, USA on February 11, 2016:
Thank you, Leandro, for your thoughtful comment.
Leandro on August 14, 2013:
You can definitely see your ertexpise in the paintings you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. All the time follow your heart. Man is the measure of all things. by Protagoras.
Paula (author) from The Midwest, USA on February 13, 2012:
Hello Travelographer, thanks! Glad you can use them for Valentines Day coming up here real soon. Thanks for your comment and Happy Valentine's Day.
travel-O-grapher from Dhaka, Bangladesh on February 10, 2012:
nice! i can steal some of the quotes for the up coming v-day!! thanx!
Paula (author) from The Midwest, USA on February 08, 2012:
Hello Injured Lamb, I am so glad to hear that, and thank you for visiting my hub and leaving a comment.
Happy Valentine's Day to you also!
Injured lamb on February 08, 2012:
This is indeed a useful hub which I think is really on time to many of us...thanks for the sharing oceansnsunsets, Happy Valentine's Day!
Paula (author) from The Midwest, USA on February 06, 2012:
Hello Ayliss, I totally agree with you about how great it would be to receive a Valentines Card with impressive words or letters. It doesn't even cost a lot and makes a great impact! Thanks for your comment.
Hello Brandon, thank you very much for your kind words. There is a lot that can spark our imaginations and ideas. I like how you mentioned using software to get a note or card to look professional. I appreciate you coming by and leaving a comment, thank you.
DIY, thank you very much! So glad you liked those, and I am glad you stopped by and left a comment. It is much appreciated.
Hi SaferDates, thank you for your comment and visit here. I am glad you wanted to share also, thanks!
Hello Steph, thank you very much. I am the same way, in that I also like to make cards with all the same things you mention. My only problem is that I need to do that more. Over time, its easy to develop a little collection, but then almost get too busy to use them all. I love a homemade card, truly. Its so fun to make and give them as well.
I appreciate your comment and visit. Now I feel like making some Valentine's Day cards! Happy Valentine's Day.
Stephanie Marshall from Bend, Oregon on February 06, 2012:
Lovely thoughts for Valentine's Day cards. I like making my own cards with stamps, ribbons, and other decorations, so I do need something clever and heart-felt to write inside. Happy Valentine's Day!
SaferDates on February 06, 2012:
Great stuff! Voted up useful and I'll be sharing them with our followers.
DIYmyOmy from Philadelphia, PA on February 06, 2012:
Great ideas and I love the illustrations you used for the article! voted up!
Brandon Spaulding from Yahoo, Contributor on February 05, 2012:
I like the idea of personalizing a valentines day card. I am usualy pretty good at picking cards that are a very good fit for the person I am giving the card to. I do like the idea of personalizing one though. With the right software, you could make your cards look very professionally done. Thanks for the tips and examples of phrases that can be modified. I can tell you put a lot of thought into this hub. Voted up, useful, and beautiful.
ayliss08 from Guangzhou, Guangdong, China on February 05, 2012:
I think, it would be great to receive a Valentine's Day card, with impressive words or love letters!