Sayings and Quotes to Write in a Valentine's Day Card
Ideas of What to Say in a Valentine's Day Card
Every year when Valentine's Day comes around, we are eager to get at least a card for the ones we love. Often, the card says it all, and anything we could add would not really add that much (or so we think!). Sometimes, we just need a little "something more" that we can add to the inside, above where we sign our name. Below are some ideas that you can use or adapt with your own words to get that special message across to your Valentine. Sometimes, just adding a "Happy Valentine's Day" or "I love you" plus the saying is more than sufficient and gets the message across beautifully.
Whether you are buying a card or making your own, I hope you find something here you can use, or that spurs you on to think of your own special message to say. Happy Valentine's Day!
Messages to Put Into or Add to a V-Day Card:
- I wish you all the love your heart can hold this Valentine's Day.
- If there is anything that makes you happy
- If there is anything that makes you feel loved
- If there is anything that your sweet heart wants
- That is what my heart wants for you this Valentine's Day
- I hope your Valentine's Day is as wonderful as you make me feel!
- With you in my life, I am the luckiest man (or woman) alive. Happy Valentine's Day.
- This message is coming your way to bring you lots of love this Valentine's Day.
- This Valentine's Day is the perfect time to let you know how very much you mean to me. Happy Valentine's Day to the one who means more to me than any other.
- Wishing you the all the best that life has to offer this Valentine's Day.
- Life has more meaning when shared with someone we love. The best part of my life is that I get to share it with you. Happy Valentine's Day.
- Happy Valentine's Day to the one who completes me.
- I am the luckiest person alive to have you as my Valentine. Happy Valentine's Day.
- Sending the warmest wishes possible to the most wonderful person I know. Happy Valentine's Day.
Quotes for V-Day Card:
- "What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "I love you - those three words have my life in them." Alexandrea to Nicholas III
- "Come live with me and be my love, and we will some new pleasures prove, of golden sands, and crystal beaches, with silken lines and silver hooks." John Gregory Dunne
- "All love is sweet, given or returned. Common as light is love, and its familiar voice wearies not every." Percy Bysshe Shelley
- "Paradise is always where love dwells." Jean Paul Richter
- "The hours I spend with you I look upon as a sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it...you and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said to have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough." George Moore
- "In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of night, you rescue me, you save my life." Anonymous
- "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." St. Aurelius Augustine
- "Harmony is pure love, for love is a concerto." Lope de Vega
- "If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palm of my hand." Unknown
- "To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven." Karen Sunde
- "There's this place in me where your fingertips still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. Its the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me." Gretchen Kemp
- "What I feel for you seems less of earth and more of a cloudless heaven." Victor Hugo
- "Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again." Author Unknown
- "The course of true love never did run smooth." William Shakespeare
- "To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed." Valerie Lombardo
- "Like music on the waters is thy sweet voice to me." Lord Byron
- "My night has become a sunny dawn because of you." Ibn Abbad
- "The life and love we create is the life and love we live." Leo Buscaglia
- "Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "My heart is ever at your service." William Shakespeare
- "You are nothing short of my everything." Ralph Block
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." Herman Hesse
- "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever." Alfred Lord Tennyson
- "One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love." Sophocles
- "Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me." Sarah Bernhardt
- "Thou art to me a delicious torment." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Vintage Valentine's Day Image
Valentine's Day Message - Poll
Do you enjoy receiving a card with a personal handwritten Valentine's Day Message in it?
© 2012 Paula