Valentine's Day Messages for Your Wife or Girlfriend
What to Write to a Special Lady for Valentine's Day
Ladies appreciate a well-thought-out message in their Valentine's Day card. Being at a loss of words doesn't have to make you appear romantically challenged. Use this list of ideas to craft a perfect love note to your special lady for the holiday of romance.
While these examples could be used as they are, it's always a good idea to add a personal touch when sending a message to that special someone. Include some specific details that you like about her and your relationship together. At the bottom of the page are some ideas for specific details to include.
Romantic Messages for Her
- You are and always will be my Valentine.
- You deserve so much more than what I can give you.
- Valentine's Day is a day of gratitude for me. I am grateful for you.
- Even though you are my Valentine by default because you are my wife, I want you to know that you still give me those 5th-grade Valentine's Day feelings.
- My life will always be better with you than without you.
- Every beat of my heart means more time to be alive with you.
- I know I say it all the time, and I hope it doesn't lose its meaning with you because I really do love you.
- You're the only person in the world who can make me want to be a sappy romantic.
- You are the most beautiful lady I know. I'm the luckiest guy in the world.
- You've given me the most beautiful and precious gift I could receive—you!
- I like sweets, and I love my sweetie. Be mine?
- I am extremely blessed to have you as my wife and my Valentine. I appreciate all that you are and do. You are easy to love and a beautiful person. That's why I want you as my Valentine.
- What I deserve is much less than you. What you deserve is much more than me.
- I hope you and I will always be excited to be together like we are now. Every day with you is cause for celebration.
- My feelings grow stronger for you every day.
- I think chocolate is the item that's most like you. You're addictive, and your kisses taste good.
- Cupid had good aim when he shot you for me.
- We don't need Valentine's Day as an excuse to boost our romance level. You're crazy about me, and I'm crazy about you.
Funny Messages for Her
- We've had some great Valentine's Days together, and I am looking forward to many more. I'll stop getting you lingerie by the time we're in our 80s. Not because you won't look good, but because I just can't take the risk of a heart attack from the excitement.
- People can be annoying. That's why we're the only couple I can stand to be around for longer than a brief time.
- When you open my gift, just remember that it's the thought that counts.
- I know you well enough to get you the right kind of card for Valentine's Day. I wasn't able to find any that were just right for you when I looked at Hallmark cards. Luckily, I found one card that I know you will love in my own wallet. Guess which card?
- Whoever thought up the concept of Valentine's Day probably didn't expect people like us. We are unique. That's what I like about us.
- More importantly than learning what to get you for Valentine's Day, I have learned what not to get you for Valentine's Day.
- Happy Valentine's Day! No, seriously, because if you're not happy, I sure as hell won't be.
- I didn't want to sleep on the couch this Valentine's Day, so I got you a great gift from Amazon.
Specific Details to Include
Use these questions to generate some specific details to include in your message:
- What is it that you love about her?
- When was the moment that you remember falling in love?
- What does it feel like to know she's your special lady?
- What is special about your relationship?
- What are some things you look forward to in the future?
- What are some beautiful things you've enjoyed together that remind you of her?
Poem and Romantic Message Inspiration: Make a Table of Things You Like About Her
What I like about her
Why she is important
How much I love her
balances me out
more than words can describe
great sense of style
supports me when needed
will last forever
getting stronger over time