I've enjoyed sharing original messages to write in cards for over eight years. Send me a thank-you card if you find my words helpful.
Valentine Messages for Wife or Girlfriend
Ladies appreciate a well-thought-out message in their Valentine's Day card. Being at a loss of words doesn't have to make you appear romantically challenged. Use this list of ideas to craft a perfect love note to your special lady for the holiday of romance.
While you could use these examples as they are, it's always a good idea to add a personal touch when sending a message to that special someone. Include some specific details of things that you like about her and your relationship together. At the bottom of the page are some ideas for specific details to include.
Romantic Messages for Her
A romantic Valentine's Day message is usually the way to go on this beloved day of romance. If you're stuck, you could always try getting some inspiration from famous sayings and quotes, as well.
- You are and always will be my Valentine.
- You deserve so much more than what I can give you.
- Valentine's Day is a day of gratitude for me. I am grateful that you are in my life.
- Even though you are my Valentine by default because you are my wife, I want you to know that you still give me those 5th-grade Valentine's Day feelings.
- My life will always be better with you than without you.
- Every beat of my heart means more time to be alive with you.
- I know I say it all the time, and I hope it doesn't lose its meaning with you because I really do love you.
- You're the only person in the world who can make me want to be a sappy romantic.
- You are the most beautiful lady I know. I'm the luckiest guy in the world.
- You've given me the most beautiful and precious gift I could receive—you!
- I like sweets, and I love my sweetie. Be mine?
- I am extremely blessed to have you as my wife and my Valentine. I appreciate all that you are and do. You are easy to love and a beautiful person. That's why I want you as my Valentine.
- What I deserve is much less than you. What you deserve is much more than me.
- I hope you and I will always be excited to be together like we are now. Every day with you is a cause for celebration.
- My feelings for you grow stronger every day.
- I think chocolate is the item that's most like you. You're addictive, and your kisses taste good.
- Cupid had good aim when he shot you for me.
- We don't need Valentine's Day as an excuse to boost our romance level. You're crazy about me, and I'm crazy about you.
- Tonight is our special night. I can't wait to celebrate our love with you. Happy Valentine's Day!
- Thank you for agreeing to be mine; I love you so much, and I can't wait to spend Valentine's Day with you!
- This is our [insert number of Valentine's Days you've shared] Valentine's Day together, but every Valentine's Day with you feels special.
Funny Messages for Her
If you've been together for a while, and you're getting tired of sappy, romantic Valentine's Day messages, try writing her a cute and funny message instead!
- We've had some great Valentine's Days together, and I am looking forward to many more. I'll stop getting you lingerie by the time we're in our 80s. Not because you won't look good, but because I just can't take the risk of a heart attack from the excitement.
- People can be annoying. That's why we're the only couple I can stand to be around for longer than a brief time.
- When you open my gift, remember that it's the thought that counts.
- I know you well enough to get you the right kind of card for Valentine's Day. I wasn't able to find any that were just right for you when I looked at Hallmark cards. Luckily, I found one card that I know you will love in my wallet. Guess which card?
- Whoever thought up the concept of Valentine's Day probably didn't expect people like us. We are unique. That's what I like about us.
- More importantly than learning what to get you for Valentine's Day, I have learned what not to get you for Valentine's Day.
- Happy Valentine's Day! No, seriously, because if you're not happy, I sure as hell won't be.
- I didn't want to sleep on the couch this Valentine's Day, so I got you a great gift from Amazon.
- Ah, Valentine's Day! The day when I empty my pockets for you just to show you my love. Just kidding!
- They say money can't buy happiness . . . then why must I spend money on Valentine's Day just to make you happy? Only joking, darling. I love you!
- You light up my days; just be sure you don't give me a sunburn!
- One day we'll be old and ugly, but I'll probably still love you! Happy Valentine's Day!
Valentine's Day Messages for a New Girlfriend or Wife
- Our love has just begun, but you grow on me every day. Happy Valentine's Day, and here's to many more!
- Although this is our first Valentine's Day together, I feel as though I've known you forever.
- Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you enjoy our first V-Day together, and I know we'll have many more in the coming years.
- Although we haven't been together for a long time, my love for you grows stronger every minute, hour, and day. Happy Valentine's Day to the sweetest girl in the world!
- I look forward to spending the rest of my life with the most amazing woman in the world. Happy Valentine's Day, my love!
- Everything I do is made better by you. Thanks for being my girlfriend!
- I love you to the moon and back, sweetie. Thanks for sharing your Valentine's Day with me!
- I've loved every moment I've spent with you. Thank you for showing me what it is to love and be loved. Happy Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you enjoy our first V-Day together, and I know we'll have many more in the coming years.
Specific Details to Include in Your Valentine's Day Greeting
Use these questions and ideas to generate some specific details to include in your message:
- What is it that you love about her? What specific qualities does she embody that you find so attractive and charming?
- When was the moment that you remember falling in love? Describe what she did or said that made you fall in love with her.
- What does it feel like to know she's your special lady? Tell her how she makes you feel, and why being with her is so important to you.
- What is special about your relationship? Name some specific memories you have of amazing times you shared or little things she does that make you fall more in love with her every day.
- What are some things you look forward to in the future? Describe specific plans you have for the future, such as moving in together, getting married, or having children (use discretion with these; you only want to suggest things you know she's looking forward to or would be comfortable with).
- What are some beautiful things you've enjoyed together that remind you of her? Describe some enjoyable memories you've shared together that you want to highlight on this special day of romance.
Read More From Holidappy
Poem and Romantic Message Inspiration: Jot Down What You Like About Her
|What do I like about her?||Why is she important?||How much do I love her?|
She balances me out
More than words can describe
She has a great sense of style
She supports me when needed
My love will last forever
She has beautiful eyes
She understands me
My love is getting stronger every day
Elvis on February 13, 2020:
angel on February 21, 2018:
ronak on February 08, 2018:
shakib on February 13, 2017:
imak on February 12, 2012:
stupid funny cards
Wilfred loveth on February 07, 2012:
I need an inspiration valentine message
TheMonk from Brazil on July 03, 2011:
Funny card #1 may end my marriage, but I laughed a lot!