Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
What to Write in a Card for Your Girlfriend
Three major events exist when cards are always expected from boyfriends: birthdays, anniversaries, and Valentine's Day. The drawback is that these special days come no matter what, at least three times per year. The good thing is that you can use these examples and a little creativity to help you write your message.
Any time you need to say something romantic to your girlfriend, make it specific and personal. Love poems, quotes, or sweet note swill work well. Spend some time right now, before you read any further, to think about the special qualities of your relationship with your girlfriend. Then decide the best way to get your thoughts and feelings across, whether you choose to use a quote about love or an original poem.
Valentine's Day Messages for Your Girlfriend
Here are some idea generators to help you get started. Add something personal to one of these romantic messages to make it your own. If you are married, many of these messages could work for your wife as well.
- I have one wish for Valentine's Day: I want you wrapped up in a big bow.
- You are sweeter than chocolate and more beautiful than a rose.
- I have one reason to like Valentine's Day. You!
- If I tried to write all the things that I like about you in this card, I'd run out of room. Here are a few of my favorite things: (write things you like about her).
- Cupid proved his archery skills when he hit you with an arrow for me.
- Even though Valentine's day costs a lot more with a girlfriend, you are the one girl in this world who is totally worth it.
- There's nothing I'd rather do this Valentine's Day than be with you. There's nothing I'd rather be than your boyfriend.
- I am wondering how I got so lucky to have you as a girlfriend.
- You deserve to be loved on Valentine's Day. I'll make sure you get what you deserve.
- I'm glad you have me as your boyfriend because now I know you'll be loved the way you should be this Valentine's Day.
- You are the best gift I could ever ask to have for Valentine's Day!
- I am lucky to have a girlfriend who is beautiful, fun, smart, and crazy enough to go out with me.
- Valentine’s Day makes me stop to realize how awesome it is to be going out with you.
- I’m happy to be your Valentine, but I'm not as happy as I am to have you as my girlfriend every day.
- It's time to do what we usually do every day, act like a couple of people who are crazy about each other.
- I don't think I could be any happier than I am with you.
- Women of your quality are rare. I'm reminded of your beauty every time I see you in my mind's eye. I am one lucky guy.
- Every day is special when you have the best girl in the world as your girlfriend.
Read More From Holidappy
Example of a Valentine's Day Poem for Your Girlfriend
If you want, you can write a poem for your girlfriend for Valentine's Day. Poems are some of the most romantic and personal gifts you can give. Write your own poem or find a love poem that fits your sweetheart. The poem does not need to be long, but the more sensory data you include, the better your message will get across.
My Beautiful Valentine
Your hair flows like beautiful ocean waves
I love to listen to the rhythm of your breath
Time flashes by when I spend it with you
I live a dream as I hold you close in my arms
Ideas for Writing in Your Girlfriend's Card
To get into the mood to write in your girlfriend's card, try listening to music and looking at some pictures of her. Once you get in the mood, follow these simple steps:
- Write a list of some qualities you love about her. Some things can be physical characteristics, but also focus on her personality characteristics. Also think about her values, beliefs, and goals.
- Write a list of some qualities that you love about your relationship.
- Write down some special memories you have had together
- combine these into a message that tells her why she is special to you.
- If you have trouble getting started, you can use the following starting prompts.
Ways to Start Your Girlfriend's Message
Here are ten ways to start your Valentine's day message for your girlfriend. Just add what needs to be added.
- If I could find a card that said exactly what I want to say to you, it would say. . .
- Valentine's Day is all about love. I love you because. . .
- Since it's Valentine's Day, I get a chance to tell you all the things I should tell you more often. . .
- Valentine's Day is special for us because. . .
- This is a mushy and romantic holiday, but I don't mind because. . .
- I could never do you justice when I try to compliment you with my words. . .
Kejanny from Papua New Guinea on January 14, 2013:
Useful tips and information. Thank you.