Alyssa loves celebrating holidays and making fun crafts. She is a wife and mom who drinks a lot of coffee!
The original 1964 version of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is a Christmas classic! It is one of my family's favorite holiday movies. Each year, we look forward to gathering together to watch it on TV. Bumble the abominable snow monster has always been my favorite character. I thought it would be fun this year to make my own Bumble snow monster and hang it up as part of my Christmas decor. It turned out pretty cute.
- 3 sheets of blue construction paper
- 1 sheet of white paper or cardstock
- Pillow stuffing
- 2 black buttons
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Needle-nose pliers
- A tape measure or ruler
Steps 1 - 8
- Lay out your cardboard.
- Measure and cut to 1.5 ft long.
- Then, measure and cut the width to 5 inches.
- Flip your piece of cardboard over.
- From the top, measure lengthwise to 5 inches. Make a mark with your pencil.
- On your mark, poke two holes through your cardboard.
- Cut a piece of floral wire and run it through your two holes to make a hook.
- Twist the ends of the wire and bend them down toward the cardboard. Secure them with tape.
- Pull out a big section of pillow stuffing to use as the body.
- Glue it to the middle of your cardboard.
- Draw a large circle on one sheet of blue construction paper. I used a butter container lid as a guide.
Steps 12 - 14
- Cut out your circle. This will be Bumble's head.
- Cut out two ovals from the white sheet of paper and glue them onto your head. These will be a part of Bumble's eyes.
- Glue your black buttons onto the ovals to complete the eyes.
Steps 15 - 17
- To make teeth, cut a thin semi circle from the white paper.
- Glue it on your blue circle.
- Glue a long section of pillow stuffing to your circle, in between Bumble's eyes and teeth.
Steps 18 - 19
- Glue the head onto the cardboard.
- Glue another section of pillow stuffing to the head, above the eyes, to make Bumble's hair.
Steps 20 - 21
- Take a sheet of blue construction paper and fold it in half. ("Hamburger style.")
- Draw a foot shape in pencil and cut it out. You will have two feet.
Steps 22 - 23
- Tape the feet to the back of the cardboard.
- Glue two small sections of pillow stuffing to the bottom half of the cardboard to make Bumble's legs.
Steps 24 - 28
- On another section of cardboard, measure two strips, each 10.5 inches in length.
- Cut the strips to make two arms.
- Fold a sheet of blue construction paper in half. ("Hamburger style.")
- Trace your hand and cut it out.
- Tape the hands to the cardboard strips.
- Glue sections of pillow stuffing to each strip of cardboard.
- Tape your arms to the back of Bumble's body. Make sure the thumbs are pointing upward.
Your Bumble Christmas decoration is complete! Hang it up on the wall and display it this holiday season.
*Disclaimer* These materials are flammable. I recommend keeping the Bumble Christmas Decoration away from Christmas lights and candles.