Alyssa loves celebrating holidays and making fun crafts. She is a wife and mom who drinks a lot of coffee!
Spring has arrived and Easter is just around the corner. Chances are the kids are enjoying a few days off from school. Time for egg hunts and fun crafts! Art projects are a fun way to spend some quality time together and let your creativity run wild. These bunnies and chicks are adorable and incredibly easy to make, using a few simple materials that you probably already have on hand. Make a bunch to play with or add them in to your spring decor. This is a cute craft that the entire family will love!
- Cardboard egg carton
- Assorted paint colors
- Construction paper in assorted colors
- Black permanent marker
- Cotton balls
Steps 1 and 2
1. Cover your work space with newspaper.
2. Open cardboard egg carton and cut off the lid.
Steps 3 and 4
3. Set the lid aside.
4. Flip over the bottom of the egg carton and cut out each individual shell.
Steps 5 and 6
5. Begin painting. To make chicks, we chose yellow and orange paint. For bunnies, we chose green and blue. Choose whatever colors you like best. Be sure to paint the entire shell.
6. Let the painted shells sit until fully dry.
Steps 7 and 8
Once the paint has completely dried, you're ready to make the bunnies and chicks.
7. Cut out bunny ears from pink construction paper and tape or glue them to the back of your bunny shell.
8. Glue a cotton ball on the back bottom of your bunny shell for a cute tail. Set aside to dry.
9. Make beaks for the chicks by cutting small triangles out of orange construction paper.
10. Glue beaks to the middle of your chick shells.
11. Cut out feet from orange construction paper.
12. Turn your chick shell upside down and tape or glue feet to the inside of the shell.
13. Cut out small pink triangles to make noses for each bunny.
14. Glue noses to the middle front of each bunny shell.
15. Using a black permanent marker, draw whiskers on each bunny.
Steps 16 and 17
16. Make feet for your bunnies. Cut out rounded rectangle shapes from brown construction paper.
17. Flip each bunny upside down to tape or glue feet to the inside of the shell.
18. To make eyes for each bunny and chick, cut a piece of tape into a circle. I used old medical tape that I had laying around the house. Masking, packing, or plain Scotch tape would also work well. If you have googly eyes, feel free to glue or tape those to each creature instead.
19. Put two circles on each bunny and chick.
20. Using a black permanent marker, make the pupil for each eye.
Your bunnies and chicks are complete.
Enjoy them as part of your spring or Easter decor.
Alyssa (author) from Ohio on April 18, 2017:
Thank you for your kind words. My son and I have a lot of fun creating different crafts for the holidays. :)
Ashi on April 18, 2017:
Ohh my God, this is a trusly brilliant idea. I am regretting that I got this hub now otherwise I would have defiantly tried this on Easter. You are so creative. I am sure your thinking must be out of the box. As I saw your other hubs too I can't see any common or old stuff. It's all unique, fresh and innovative.