Christmas Card Wording Ideas and Examples
Christmas is without a doubt one of the most celebrated occasions of the year around the world, and a time when many people get in contact with their friends and loved ones by sending out Christmas cards. With so many cards being circulated, it sometimes feels like a competition, with families battling it out to win the award of cutest or most eloquently written card. But it isn't easy to find the right words for a Christmas card: some love writing a personal message, while others prefer simple quotes that express their joy and blessings.
If you're part of the latter group, I've compiled some of my favorite Christmas quotes, greetings, and Bible verses. I've also included several of the most popular Kris Kringle and secret Santa quotes and greetings. It is my hope that these will help you think of something clever or sweet to put on your Christmas cards before sending them to the masses.
Happy holidays! Have a safe and blessed Christmas.
Christmas Card Wording Ideas
- May the magic of love twinkle in your lives throughout the holidays and the upcoming new year.
- May the Christmas season / fill your home with joy, / your heart with love / and your life with laughter.
- Wishing you a joyous holiday season and the most prosperous and healthy New Year.
- Warmest thoughts and best wishes / for a wonderful holiday / and a happy New Year. / May your home be filled with the love of Christmas.
- Wishing you the special gifts of this holiday season: peace, joy, and ever-lasting happiness.
- The day ends with a night full of stars that never appeared so pretty before. / Each twinkling star is passed along to you with a special wish; / That all of the days you live could be like Christmas. / May beautiful moments and happy memories surround you with joy this Christmas. / Wishing you a joyous holiday season and a most prosperous and healthy New Year.
- Merry Christmas and many good wishes for a new year of happiness and prosperity.
- May your holidays sparkle and shine. / Be filled with wonder / Be touched by peace / Believe in miracles. / Hope this holiday brings you lots of reasons to smile. / May the holiday refresh your spirit and bring you new inspiration and happiness.
- May the timeless message of Christmas fill your heart and home with joy today and throughout the coming year.
- May you be overwhelmed with joy this holiday season!
- The year-end brings no greater pleasure than the opportunity to express to you season's greetings and good wishes. May your holiday and new year be filled with happiness!
- Wishing you time to enjoy the simple pleasures of this holiday season.
- Candy canes and little toy planes are things that we adore. / But wishing you a Merry Christmas is something we love even more. / Delivering warmest wishes for a wonderful holiday season and a happy New Year. / May the holidays deliver an abundance of happiness and good cheer! Season's greetings.
- May you have the spirit of Christmas, which is peace, the gladness of Christmas, which is hope, and the heart of Christmas, which is love.
- Wishing you the brightest of holidays!
- Your friendship is a glowing ember / Throughout the year; and each December / Christmas is in the air! Wishing you all the joy, hope, and wonder of the season.
- May the magic of Christmas be with you in every season.
- We all have different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere.
- Wishing you a holiday season filled with peace and joy.
- Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and the happiest New Year.
- Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a Christmas filled with happiness.
- Wishing you the joy of family, the happiness of friends, and the love of Christmas!
- Wishing you a beautiful holiday season and a new year filled with peace and happiness.
- May the warmth and peace of the holiday season be yours today and always.
- Merry Christmas with love, from our family to yours!
- There is no time / more fitting to say / Thank you / and to wish you a / Happy Christmas / and a New Year / full of health, happiness / and prosperity.
- Christmas greetings and good wishes for the New Year.
- The magic of Christmas never ends and its greatest of gifts are family and friends.
- Wishing you a holiday filled with peace and love, and a New Year rich with blessings.
- Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both.
Secret Santa Wording Ideas
You've been assigned the great task of being a secret Santa, and you've found a Kris Kringle present. But what should you write on the Christmas card? Here are some ideas:
A whiffin', sniffin' gift,
Especially for you.
It's from "secret Santa"
Bet you can't guess who!
Winkin', blinkin, just don't nod.
This gift is for your eyes.
It's from secret Santa too,
By now, that's no surprise.
Jingle, jangle, what do I hear?
It's not a reindeer sleigh--
It must be secret Santa,
Hurrying on his way.
Yummy, yummy, tummy tingling.
A tasty, tempting treat.
Won't you be surprised
When we finally meet!
This final gift, for the sense of touch
Might be a bit surprising.
I'm sure you know just who I am,
Here is a very special gift
Picked especially for you
From your secret admirer
who happens to be your secret pal!
Hope you'll have a jolly Merry Christmas
and a fantastic New Year.
My elves have been busy making this gift just for you,
They told me you're special but I already knew.
As your secret Santa I hope you'll enjoy,
This heartfelt sentiment and new little toy.
Santa knows you need some cheer and a lift,
So please accept this card and little gift.
Just remember that wherever you go,
You have family and friends that love you so.
This special gift is just for you,
I hope you'll enjoy it the whole year through.
As Christmas approaches you'll find out who,
Your secret Santa is and who's fond of you.
This is a gift especially for you,
I'm your secret Santa, I bet you can't guess who.
Accept this gift with a smile on your face,
And expect another one soon in its place.
Spread holiday cheer to family and friends,
Because the joy of Christmas never ends.
Bible Verses for Christmas Cards
May the blessing of Jesus Christ our Savior...
be with you always.
Have a blessed Christmas.
"For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him."
May the spirit of Christmas always be with you.
"...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace..."
May the Holy Spirit guide you and bless you on Christmas and always.
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
"And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth."
"Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place
and gave Him the name that is above every name."
"And the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people.'"
"Today in the town of David
a Savior has been born to you:
He is Christ the Lord."
"And suddenly there was the angel,
a multitude of the heavenly host,
praising God and saying:
'Glory to God in the highest.'"
"Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."
"Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men."
"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.."
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above."
May the light of the angels guide you and the Lord's blessings shelter you on Christmas and always.
"For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways."
Another great option is to put quotes on your Christmas card. I've included some of my favorites below:
Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to a customer, service; to all, charity; to every child, a good example; to yourself, respect.— Oren Arnold
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.— Burton Hillis
A Christmas candle is a lovely thing,
it makes no noise at all.
But softly gives itself away.
While quite unselfish, it grows small.— Eva K. Logue
Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind.
Teach us to be patient and always be kind.— Helen Steiner Rice
Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.— Charles Schulz
Peace on earth will come to stay,
when we live Christmas every day.— Helen Steiner Rice
Open your presents at Christmas time,
but be thankful year round for the gifts you receive.— Lorinda Ruth Lowen
I will honor Christmas in my heart
and try to keep it all the year.— Charles Dickens
Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else beside ourselves.— Eric Sevareid
Christmas is not about the presents, the holiday season, the shining star, the Christmas tree, or Santa Claus.
Christmas wouldn't exist if there were no manger, no wise men, no Savior. The only reason we celebrate Christmas is because of Jesus.
There are many reasons why people love Christmas: parties, presents, the wintertime, cuddling up with their loved ones, etc. But we must remember that we celebrate Christmas because of Jesus. We are celebrating His birth, His sacrifices, and we're giving thanks for all His blessings that He has poured out to us.
© 2010 deyanis