Tatiana loves holidays and the traditions (and meals) associated with them.
Ten! Nine! ...Three! Two! One! Happy New Year! Ahh, the countdown that signals the end of another fun, exciting, busy, taxing year. What better way to bring in the new year than by counting down with friends and family?
New Year's Eve and New Years Day are great reasons for people to gather together to celebrate all the good that has happened in the past year and to set goals for the next year. These goals are referred to as “New Year’s Resolutions.”
After partying the night away with good drinks, fun New Year's Eve party-games, silly hats, and noisemakers, you finally hear the news: the ball is about to drop! Everyone gathers into the room, and then the countdown begins.
At the cue of “Happy New Year,” everyone smooches the one they love and then the gathering often migrates outside for some awesome fireworks, more drinks, and whatever else the party might bring.
Sending Happy New Year Wishes
Much like any other holiday, we must think about those who cannot be with us during these times of celebration. Let’s face it, as much as we want to gather with our entire families and all of our friends for every occasion, it is just not feasible for many.
Whether it is due to finances or time constraints, there are normally good reasons why everyone you love may not be close by during the holiday season.
Although you cannot be with everyone you love, it doesn’t mean you can’t find other ways to be with them in thought. Doing things such as sending gifts, chatting it up on Skype, and sending greeting cards are all terrific ways to say “I’m thinking about you” during the times when you must be apart.
Can’t afford a gift and don’t have the internet? Sending a Happy New Year card still shows that you took the extra time out of your day to really to think of them!
What to Write in Your Happy New Year Card
Not sure what to write inside of a card? As long as you are thinking about the person you are making the card for, the rest should come naturally.
Sometimes coming up with greeting card messages, especially new year messages, can be tricky; but don’t worry because we have your back! You may use our ideas when making your card, or use them as a guide in helping you to find the perfect message hiding within you.
Whether you are looking for something funny or sentimental, you have come to the right article!
Funny New Year Messages
- May your new year be filled with beer, cheer, and hunted deer!
- May your new year be different than the ones you can’t remember.
- Another year, 365 more beers. Days. I meant days.
- Happy New Year! Love the ones you drink, and drink the ones you love!
- Happy New Year! Love is in the air, try not to breathe it in; I hear it’s deadly.
- I thought I was hearing fireworks this new year’s eve, then I checked my underwear.
- When I was reminded New Years was coming, I said it should wear a condom because I’m not ready for another year; they’re too expensive.
Religious New Year Messages
- God has given us another year; let’s praise Him and make Him happy He did.
- Here’s to the blessing of another year!
- May your New Year be filled with prayer and blessings!
- Happy New Year, Hallelujah!
- Happy New Year! Take this gift from God and fill all 365 days with Him!
- Praying that your New Year is filled with joy!
- May your blessings be many and merry this New Year!
Sentimental New Year Messages
- Thinking of you during this New Year season.
- Missing you and wishing you the happiest of New Years!
- Happy New Year! Sending you love from afar.
- Happy New Year! If wishing on stars could bring you closer to me, I would’ve run out of stars a long time ago.
- Sending warm wishes for a very happy New Year!
- May your new year filled with happiness, peace, love; all of the above!
- Though our distance is great, I close my eyes and think of you and suddenly you don’t seem so far away. Have a happy New Year!
Go Out With a Bang!
Keep Your Message Personal
When you think about the person you are writing the card for, it really becomes easy to come up with messages that are a good fit. Remember, make your message personal, so that they know you wrote it just for them!
Whatever you decide to put in your cards, they will be appreciated and get the message across; after all, it is always the thought that counts!
aruna on January 07, 2014:
it is fab!
Neil Cook from United States on December 31, 2013:
Nice way to sum it all up! Happy New Year everyone!
Tolovaj on December 31, 2013:
Happy and healthy New Year to everybody!
sumit on December 31, 2013:
Happy new year for my all the friends
DANIEL OFAKA on December 30, 2013:
Another fresh new year is here, Another year 2 live!
2banish worry, doubt, and fear, 2love, laugh and give!
Happy New Year....2014
Emmanuel Victor Harris on December 30, 2013:
Let’s vanish everything that’s bad,
Welcome everything that’s Good
Wish you a very happy new year….
****Happy New Year****
shobhit verma on December 27, 2013:
verry 2 happy new year 2014
FullOfLoveSites from United States on December 27, 2013:
Very good suggestions, tutta! I most probably take the last suggestion, as I know my loved one and I cannot spend New Year together. Anyway, thank you for posting and advance happy New Year! :)
Angela Siuta from London on December 12, 2013:
Great Hub! I have shared it with my followers on Twitter, Thanks for such suggestions. :)