Pumpkin Poop in a Jar Craft and Printable Poem
Silly Pumpkin-Poop Gifts For Halloween Tricksters
Trick or treat! These pumpkin poop in a jar treats are perfect for giving to little tricksters and pranksters for Halloween. They are fun, cute, and a whole lot of silly!
Poop crafts made with a variety of colored candies and funny poems are all the rage! Have you ever received one before?
When I was little, I remember making snowman and reindeer poop with my mom to donate to craft bazaars, and I was always amazed at how fast they sold out. Even though I am all grown up now, I am still a big kid at heart, and I have carried on the tradition of making silly poop gifts with my own kids.
Last year, I filled a couple dozen mini glass bottles with orange candies and pumpkin seeds, made some cute labels and handed them out to friends and family and called them pumpkin poop. What else would a pumpkin poop besides pumpkin seeds and orange Nerds candy? Everyone went crazy over them! They were so well received, I just have to share my cute and nerdy pumpkin poop mini glass bottle craft with you!
Having a Halloween party? These make super cute party favors for classmates, wedding guests and Halloween party goers in general.
On This Page, You Will Find...
- A resource for the supplies
- Detailed photo instructions
- A free pumpkin poop printable
- Ideas for gifting pumpkin poop
My Inspiration Came From The Tiny Bottles Themselves!
Have You Ever Given Or Received A Silly Poop Gift Before?
I came across the tiny cork bottles during a shopping trip to gather crafting supplies and I just had to have them! I had been humming and hawing about what to do with them when the idea for making these fun pumpkin poop in a jar treats came to me.
Because the bottles are so tiny, standing only one and a half inches tall, I had to find a candy that was small enough to fit inside. Right away, I thought of Nerds Candy, one of my favorite candies from childhood.
Thus, the idea for this silly craft was born!
1. Mini Glass Bottles
2. Orange Nerd Candy
Bright orange Nerds candy are the perfect size for filling the little glass jars with "pumpkin poop." They can be found in many corner stores or gas stations.
Each box has two colors and flavors. Eat the other color or toss them into some cupcake or pancake batter for a fun treat for the kids.
Follow The Easy Step-By-Step Picture Tutorial
1. Fill The Mini Glass Bottles With Orange Nerds
2. Tie A Piece Of Colorful Ribbon Or Twine Around The Neck Of The Mini Glass Bottles
3. Add A Pumpkin Poop Label - Use A Gluestick To Attach The Labels
Free Printable Pumpkin Poop Poem And Labels For You To Print And Use!
I designed a couple of pumpkin poop labels to use on the jars and a 3 inch by 2 inch card with a funny poem for you to use.
Upon opening the file, click on the download icon to save the image to your computer or click on the printer icon to print right away. For best results, print onto a sheet of white cardstock paper.
Feel free to use these printables as you wish, but please remember attribution is required and no commercial use is allowed. Please come back and share your projects with me. I would love to see them!
Make A Necklace! You Can Wear It And Eat It Too!
To make a candy necklace that you can wear and eat at a later time, you need for threading a piece of string or twine through. The bottles I used were very small, standing only 1 inch high! mini bottles that have a stopper with a loop
Fill the tiny bottle with Nerds candy, string it onto an 18 inch piece of twine and tie off the ends to make it into a necklace that can be slipped over your head.
These would be a really fun Halloween project for a kid's birthday party or as a classroom activity.
Make Cute Party Favors!
Print and cut out the free printable pumpkin poop poem onto white cardstock paper and glue a mini bottle of poop to each label with a glue gun. You can also use an extra small hole punch to make two holes side by side and tie the bottle to the label with a piece of string. Double sided tape works too!
Want To Skip The Sugar And Food Coloring?
Make Healthy, Sugar-Free Halloween Treats By Using Pumpkin Seeds Instead Of Candy
I like the idea of offering a combination of the pumpkin seed jars and candy filled jars to guests. The orange candies and green pumpkin seeds colors look stunning when presented together and it gives your guests a choice of a sweet or healthy treat.
Pumpkin seeds are very nutritious and good for you, so go ahead and indulge! I used the hulled pumpkin seeds from my grocery store, but you could bake the seeds from your pumpkins you carve out to make your own.
1. Fill The Bottles With Pumpkin Seeds
2. Tie A Piece Of String Or Yarn Around The Neck Of The Bottle
3. Glue A Label To The Bottle
There Are Lots Of Ways To Share These Gifts With Your Friends And Family
- Your child can give them to their teachers and school mates, their grandparents, coaches and other special people in their lives.
- You can give them as a decoration or decorate with them yourself.
- You can give them to the little tricksters you know in your neighborhood or anyone else you think needs a good chuckle!
- Place them at individual table place settings at a Halloween dinner party.
- Place them in a basket and give them to your guests as a party favor.
- These are not just for Halloween! These make really cute treats for fall themed events and even for Thanksgiving.
- Having a fall or Halloween wedding? These would make one-of-a-kind and totally unforgettable wedding favors.
Questions & Answers
© 2013 Corrinna Johnson