DIY Christmas Craft
A few years ago, my lovely in-laws gifted all the grandkids a set of indoor snowballs for Christmas. It was a big hit with both the kids and the adults. Throwing balls in the house? Sign everyone up!
My family loves decorating for the holidays, but Christmas is especially fun. I wanted to incorporate these plush snowballs into the decor this year, and I decided to create my own cute bucket.
This piece is simple and easy to create with items you probably already have around the house. Grab your supplies, and let's get started!
- An old bucket
- Acrylic paint, white and silver
- Paintbrush and foam brush
- Modge Podge
- Fake snow
- Hot glue gun
- Seasonal paper, foil, or plastic shapes
- Silver tinsel garland
Steps 1—4 Photo Guide
- Make sure your bucket is clean and dry.
- Flip your bucket upside down. Using a combination of white and silver, paint your bucket. This will be the first layer. Let dry completely.
- For the second layer, use a foam brush to tap the white and silver paint onto the bucket. This adds texture and interest. Let dry completely.
- Flip your bucket over and paint the rim if needed.
Step 5 Photo Guide
5. Working in small sections, apply a thin layer of Modge Podge onto the sides of your bucket. Lightly press fake snow onto the Modge Podge. Slowly work your way around your bucket, allowing each side to dry completely.
Steps 6—8 Photo Guide
6. Arrange your seasonal shapes on one side of your bucket. I used snowflakes from an old tinsel garland strand. Use hot glue to secure them. Repeat this step on all four sides of your bucket.
7. For the finishing touch, hot glue your tinsel garland all around the top inside the rim of your bucket. Clip off the excess.
8. Put your snowballs in the bucket and display them as part of your seasonal decor!
© 2022 Alyssa