I'm Tatiana and am a firm believer in the power of holistic healing and home remedies! Apple cider vinegar for the win!
Greeting cards are a completely necessary staple for any holiday, especially when you have family or good friends who live a great distance away. Although it’s nice to get together with everyone who is near and dear to you, it’s not always possible.
Just how will you let your distant family and friends know that you are thinking about them this Thanksgiving? By sending them a Thanksgiving card! Writing your own original messages is ideal, but oftentimes writers block gets the best of us and the words just don’t come out right.
Here are a few example Thanksgiving card messages for you to use at your disposal. You can use these as-is or adapt them to fit your situation.
Example Thanksgiving Card Messages
- Let your home be filled with the warmth of loved ones on this Thanksgiving day!
- May your turkey be fat and your body remain thin. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
- Have a happy Thanksgiving! Go for that extra piece of pumpkin pie, laugh, and have a grand time with family.
- There’s nothing better than the smell of fresh-baked pies and turkey on Thanksgiving. I hope you have it all! Happy Thanksgiving!
- Let the smells of the food tickle your nose and. . . Oh crap, the turkey escaped! Happy Thanksgiving!
- Loosen your belt buckle, say grace, and stuff your face this Thanksgiving!
- There’s nothing more heartwarming than spending this time with dear family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving.
- Be wary of turkey on Thanksgiving; they make you tired! Happy Thanksgiving!
- May your heart and plate be full on Thanksgiving day and each day thereafter!
- Wishing you and your family a Thanksgiving full of joy, laughter, and good food. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Praying that the many blessings of Thanksgiving bring you comfort and happiness. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Gobble Gobble! Some call it “turkey day,” I call it “eat turkey day!” Happy Thanksgiving!
- Light your fireplace, gather with family, eat food, and be merry. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
- Be thankful today for this year’s blessings and pray for them to double in the next year to come. Happy Thanksgiving!
- May your turkey be fat and your wallet be fatter! Happy Thanksgiving!
- Here’s to one blessing after another on this Thanksgiving Day. Happy Thanksgiving to YOU!
- May the many blessings of Thanksgiving bring you an outpouring of love and warmth. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
- Here’s to you, dear friend, that you have reasons each day to be thankful from this day forward! Happy Thanksgiving!
- How did the turkey get dragged into all of this anyway? Happy Turkey Day!
- Happy Turkey Day and all that other stuffing!
- Let the eating disorders begin! Happy Thanksgiving, get stuffed!
- What am I thankful for? You! And turkey, lots of turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!
- I hope your Thanksgiving is stuffed with a lot of fun and family! Happy Thanksgiving!
- What did the turkey say to the hunter? Go cluck yourself! And then the turkey was clucked, stuffed, and cooked. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Thanksgiving is not about counting blessings but being thankful for each and every one. Happy Thanksgiving!
Religious Thanksgiving Wishes
- We are thankful for our food, family, blessings, and everything good to come. Amen!
- On this day while you are vocalizing your thankfulness, be sure to direct it to our Father in Heaven, for it is by His grace that we celebrate this day. Happy Thanksgiving!
- God is good all the time, all the time, God is good! Happy Thanksgiving, count your blessings!
- Happy Thanksgiving. Thank the Lord for your meal and elastic waistbands!
- Happy Thanksgiving to a wonderful family. I pray that your day is filled with warmth, peace, and love.
Sending Thankful Thoughts
Who doesn’t like to receive a card? I especially love to receive cards in the mail because normally the mailbox is flooded with bills and other unpleasant things.
If you plan on sending out Thanksgiving cards, be sure to also write a short, personal message to them whether it’s about a recent event in your life or in theirs. Whatever message you decide to include, the most important part is that the recipient knows that you are thinking about them. Thanksgiving is about being with family and friends, and the next best thing is sending a card!
Kent Peligrino on November 22, 2018:
This is just right in time! I've been thinking of what greetings and messages to send family and friends this Thanksgiving. This list is a great help. Thanks a bunch! :)
Oceania Hurst on November 10, 2018:
I love thanksgiving
ideadesigns on September 29, 2015:
Great cards! We've never had the opportunity to use them, but some day when we have it at our home, we should. I really do enjoy the food most!
iguidenetwork from Austin, TX on October 24, 2014:
Touching, funny and overall wonderful messages for the Thanksgiving season. My particular favorite is #2. *sigh* :)