Looking for Wedding Wishes?
Here in this article, I've put together 50 wedding wishes (broken down into two categories—funny and sincere), followed by a few poems.
Remember to always keep the bride and groom's personal feelings in mind when concocting a wedding wish. Some may be more sensitive and serious while others appreciate a good jab about their marriage.
Always keep in mind that the wedding day is about them and not you. Wish them lots of happiness and a long life together. While humor is fine, tread carefully—you don't want to make them feel as if marriage might be a bad decision. Make sure to maintain a positive attitude toward their decision to marry and all should be fine.
Funny Wedding Wishes and Quotes for the Groom
- When you think you're about to marry Ms. Right, check first to make sure her first name isn't "Always."
- Instead of getting married, why don't you just find a woman you don't like and give her a house.
- Marriage is all about give and take . . . so you'd better give her everything or she'll take it all away.
- Marriage is the second most important decision any two people can make. The first is a prenuptial one.
- There's only one thing wrong with wife swapping. You get another wife.
- Today, I wish you all the happiness in the world because, after today, you will have none.
- Come on dude, getting married isn't that bad. It's being married that sucks.
- Congratulations on a marriage where every "yes" you say actually means "no."
- It is true: All men are born free and equal. But then some of them get married.
- As a married man, it won't matter how many times you change jobs. You always end up with the same boss.
- Before you got married, you caught her in your arms. Now make sure you don't catch her in your pockets.
- Married men live longer than single men. They're just a lot more willing to die.
Funny Wedding Wishes and Quotes for the Bride
- When a girl marries, she exchanges the attention of many men for the inattention of one.
- The only one of your children that does not grow up and move away is your husband.
- Any intelligent woman who reads the marriage contract and then goes into it deserves all the consequences.
- Every woman should marry. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.
- The trouble with women is that they get all excited about nothing. Then, they marry him.
- Getting married is all fine and dandy, but the fastest way to his heart is through his chest with a sharp knife.
- Whenever you find a man that will make a good husband, chances are that he already is.
- So you got a set of golf clubs for your husband? Great trade.
- Here's the number one rule for women: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have some trouble with it.
- The best way to resolve an argument with your husband is to start removing clothing.
- Marriage is bliss, but so is ignorance.
- Marriage has no guarantees. If that's what you want, go marry a car battery.
- Remember: Men want the same thing from their woman that they do from their underwear. A little support and a little freedom.
- Remember: Marrying Mr. Right doesn't mean that he always is.
Sincere Wedding Wishes and Quotes
- On this beautiful occasion where your two souls unite, may your love and affection for each other never fade away. Have a wonderful married life. Congratulations.
- May God bless the two of you abundantly. May love reign in your lives forever. Have a great married life.
- Today is going to be a day that you shall never forget. Make the most of it. Congratulations on your marriage!
- May the love that the two of you have for each other also strengthen your friendship. Here's to a happy marriage!
- May you have a happy married life and a beautiful family, just the way God wants you to. Live long and prosper.
- To the dear couple, as you look forward to all you’re dreaming of, may you be blessed with love and happiness forever!
- To love and be loved is the pinnacle of happiness and riches. May you never lose sight of this precious treasure in all your days together.
- Here’s a little tip for the bride and groom: Be careful springing on the bedsprings this spring, or there might be surprise offspring next spring.
- May you be as rich in life as you are in love. Have a wonderful wedding.
- Wishing you all the happiness there is; and as you both live out your lives together, may they be entwined as you grow old together.
- On your special day, dear friend, I wish you all the happiness in the world, everlasting love, and togetherness forever.
- On this special day of your wedding, we want to wish you happiness and love like the unending circle of your wedding ring.
- May your wedding rings represent a long, never-ending cycle of love and prosperity.
- May your marriage be filled with all the right ingredients: a heap of love, a dash of humor, a whole cup of romance, and a spoonful of understanding. May your joy last forever. Congratulations!
- May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy. Congratulations to a couple whose match truly seems made in heaven!
- Two souls with but a single thought; two hearts that beat as one.
- May your joys be as bright as the morning, your years of happiness as numerous as the stars in the heavens, and your troubles but shadows that fade in the sunlight of love.
- Wishing you a house full of sunshine, two hearts full of cheer, and a love that grows deeper each day of the year.
- Wishing you a life of happiness and bliss. To be loved is to be rich. Now, seal it with a kiss!
- May your home be filled with laughter and the warm embrace of a summer day.
- May you find peacefulness, beauty, challenge, satisfaction, humor, insight, healing and renewal, love, and wisdom in your life together. Congratulations on your marriage.
- May you always feel that what you have is enough. Congratulations and best of luck on a beautiful life together!
Two Wedding Poems I Wrote
Wedding Poem 1
May you be blessed with happiness and love from the start
May you both shine brighter than a bulb in the dark
May you both stay together and never fall apart
I wish you love and prosperity from the bottom of my heart
Wedding Poem 2
May your love never break and stay blissful forever
When I saw you two, I knew you were meant to be together
May Heaven bless you with a daughter or a son
For you two are beautiful and better off as one
© 2012 fresh2def05
Hawaiian Odysseus from Southeast Washington state on November 22, 2012:
I suggested the reversal because by leaving the humorous for last, the reader is smiling and maybe even laughing at the end. A lighthearted departure from one's hub may extend the retention of that hub in the reader's mind.
fresh2def05 (author) from Louisville, Ky on November 21, 2012:
Glad you enjoyed the hub hawaiianodysseus. Why do you think I should reverse the order? Would it favor better in searches?
Hawaiian Odysseus from Southeast Washington state on November 21, 2012:
This is bound to be an evergreen hub! Enjoyed it immensely.
I only wish you'd reversed the order of the two approaches--i.e., put the serious before the funny.
Great work, my friend! Aloha, and keep 'em coming!
fresh2def05 (author) from Louisville, Ky on November 17, 2012:
Thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed the humor. Thanks for the great quote too.
Thanks for reading and I definitely agree with you about keeping a sense of humor through marriage. There is an old saying, "The two secrets to a good marriage are a good sense of humor and short term memory loss".
Glad you enjoyed these funny wedding wishes, quotes and poems. Have a blessed day.
fresh2def05 (author) from Louisville, Ky on November 17, 2012:
Thanks for reading and my favorites are #10 in funny wedding wishes for the groom and #4 and #6 in funny wedding wishes for the bride. I hope you enjoyed
Ruby Jean Richert from Southern Illinois on November 12, 2012:
I enjoyed this, some really great quotes. The photo is funny.Ha..Thank's
Patricia Scott from North Central Florida on November 11, 2012:
Too cute. Love these. Laughing is good for the soul.
Maybe if there were more laughter in a marriage there would be less discord. I wonder...
Anyway enjoyed this..great fun. Have a lovely evening...ps :)
Shining Irish Eyes from Upstate, New York on November 11, 2012:
Hilarious and wickedly funny. I so enjoy your humor although your advice is worth taking as well!
"Marriage is a wonderful institution. But who want's to live in an institution?" Groucho Marx
I.W. McFarlane from Philadelphia on November 10, 2012:
Thanks for sharing these wedding wishes, quotes, and poems. I wonder which of the above are your favorites?