45 Ideas on How to Propose
45 Great Ideas for Proposing Marriage
1. Do it the old fashioned way. With a rose clenched in your teeth and the ring in your hand, get down on one knew and ask the question.
2. Have a waiter bring you her favorite dessert with the ring inside of it. (Be careful that she doesn't swallow it).
3. Take her/him to the theatre and ask the stage manager if he will allow you to come up on stage and propose after the final curtain.
4. Show up at her/his office in the middle of the afternoon armed with a red rose, a bottle of champagne and a glass with the ring in it.
5. Write "Will you marry me (name)" in chalk on the street outside your house or apartment in big letters.
6. Call your local radio station and get them to pop the question for you over the airwaves at a time that you know she/he will be listening. Then dedicate a song to her/him.
7. Gather all your friends and family for drinks either at a favorite restaurant or your home and pop the question in front of everyone.
8. Gather friends and family outside his/her home waving banners with the words "will you marry me?" on them. Kneel in front of them on one knee holding the ring. (Make sure that they get the right house).
9. Send a singing telegram to her/his workplace. Then walk in just after the song is finished and pop the question.
10. Create a web page all about your life together. Photos, places that mean a lot to you both. Send him/her the web address and wait for his/her reply and when accepted you can then send the address to friends and family.
11. Wrap a large box and fill with smaller wrapped boxes. The last and smallest box will have the ring inside. Alternatively, wrap a large box and fill with those tiny foam pieces and let her look for the small box inside.
12. Cut the bottom out of a very large box then wrap it. Take it to your loved one's place of work and ask one of her colleagues to go get her telling her that there is a large parcel for her. Meanwhile, climb in from the bottom so that when she unwraps it you can jump out with the ring in hand and ask her to make an honest man of you.
13. Take her/him away for the weekend and when you are on your last day pop the question.
14. Get up extra early and prepare her/him breakfast in bed. Cook his/her favorite meal with a red rose and a bottle of champagne and a kiss to wake him/her and then declare your love.
15. Scatter rose petals all over her bed and put the gift wrapped ring in the center. Tell her that you bought her a gift to show how much you love her. When she opens it tell her that you want to spend the rest of your life with her.
16. Cook your loved one a romantic meal and place a note around the napkin like it is a napkin holder asking her/him to marry you. Or slip the napkin (use fabric ones not paper!) through the ring, when she goes to put her napkin in her lap she will find the ring.
17. Give your her a foot massage and place the ring on her little toe.
18. Blindfold him/her and take them to the place where you first met each other. Take along a bottle of champagne and two glasses to celebrate after you propose.
19. Bake him/her a cake and write on top of it "Will you marry me?"
20. Take out a full page ad in a paper that you know your loved one reads regularly and be close by when he/she reads it.
21. Buy your loved one a watch and have it inscribed "marry me."
22. Pour her a glass of wine with the ring in the bottom of it and when she drinks the wine she will find the ring.
23. Go for a picnic together then pop the question.
24. Propose at Christmas by hanging the ring in it's box from on the tree as if it was an ornament. Tell her to find the new special ornament you just purchased for her.
25. If you're dining in a fancy restaurant, ask the waiter/waitress to write, "Will you marry me?" in chocolate sauce around the rim of his/her dessert plate.
26. Run her a bath with scented candles, rose petals and after she is in the tub, float a rubber duck with the ring tied around it's neck in front of her.
27. Serve her oysters in bed with the ring inside the shell.
28. Write a note asking your other to marry you, place it inside a bottle. Take her/him to the beach when he/she is in the water slip the bottle in and ask them to open it to see what it says.
29. Leave a trail of notes for him/her to follow and when he/she reaches the end you will be standing there with a sign or you can say "Will you marry me?"
30. Scratch your proposal into the frost on his or her car's windshield.
31. Take your partner to the beach and write "Will you marry me?" in big letters in the sand.
32. Take him/her on a sailboat ride and pop the question.
33. Leave the ring on her pillow a long with a note and go take a shower.
34. Take her/him up in a hot air balloon with a bottle of champagne and announce that'll you'll jump if she/he doesn't marry you.
35. Take her/him to see his/her favorite band and ask one of the stage crew if they will pop the question for you.
36. Plan a treasure hunt. Set the clues in place and when he/she gets to the last clue you will be standing there with champagne and a proposal they can't refuse.
37. Hire a skywriter to spell your proposal on high.
38. Hire a plane to fly a banner with your "Marry me (insert name here)" message written on it.
39. Sneak in to her home and fill it to the rafters with balloons and or flowers and in the middle sit a teddy bear holding the ring and a note asking her to marry you.
40. Propose in French the language of love.
41. Play Hangman and have the phrase be "Marry Me."
42. Throw her/him a surprise birthday party inviting friends and family and then propose.
43. Write her/him a story about your relationship. Almost like a diary with dates if possible. Then end it with the date you are going to give it to him/her telling how you proposed and that the story can't be ended until you have the answer.
44. If it's snowing, write "Will you marry me?" in the snow.
45. Take him to see his favorite sports team playing and get the commentator to ask him to marry you.