50 Beautiful Birthday Cake Pictures and Ideas for Kids and Adults
Design Ideas for Kids and Adults
We cannot think about birthdays without thinking of delicious cakes. Here are some awesome pictures of cakes that can also serve as wonderful ideas. Check out a variety of photos of the following:
- Pink Cakes and Cupcakes
- Cakes Inspired by Characters and Toys
- Cute and Colorful Designs
For Adults and Teens:
- Elegant Birthday Cakes
- Flower Designs
- Hobby-Themed Birthday Cakes
- Simple Cake Ideas
Pink Cakes and CupcakesClick thumbnail to view full-size
What's your favorite birthday cake flavor?
Cakes Inspired by Characters and ToysClick thumbnail to view full-size
- The invention of baking soda and baking powder revolutionized the cake industry since it was easier to bake cakes with those ingredients.
- In olden times, people used cakes as offerings to their gods and spirits around the world.
- The Oxford Dictionary of Superstitions cites examples of cakes being made for superstitious reasons.
Cute and Colorful DesignsClick thumbnail to view full-size
- "All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much." —George Harrison
- "You know you're getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It's like, 'See if you can blow this out.'" —Jerry Seinfeld
- "Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me." —Audrey Hepburn
Elegant Birthday CakesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Birthday cake or birthday brownies?
Flower DesignsClick thumbnail to view full-size
More Cake Quotes From Authors and Books
“Romance novels are birthday cake and life is often peanut butter and jelly. I think everyone should have lots of delicious romance novels lying around for those times when the peanut butter of life gets stuck to the roof of your mouth.” ―Janet Evanovich
“Let's just say you may regret that second piece of cake. Oh my God. Regret cake? Whatever was about to happen must be truly evil.” ―Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall
“Here's a basic difference between Morelli and me. My first thought was always of cake. His first thought was always of sex. Don't get me wrong. I like sex . . . a lot. But it's never going to replace cake.” ―Janet Evanovich, Eleven on Top
Hobby-Themed Birthday CakesClick thumbnail to view full-size
For the adults: birthday cake or birthday drinks?
Simple Cake IdeasClick thumbnail to view full-size
A Brief History of the Birthday Cake
Long ago, people believed that a successful celebration was a good omen for a prosperous year. A birthday becomes a celebration when there is a beautiful cake on the table. Birthday cakes have been an important part of every birthday for a long time; according to some historians, the custom of making birthday cakes started in ancient Rome with honey and bread. A Roman's 50th birthday was celebrated with a honey cake made of wheat flour, cheese, honey, and olive oil.
Candles on Cakes
Placing candles on top of cakes is a practice that dates back to ancient Greece. Cakes with burning candles were used in the worship of the goddess Artemis. Many ancient cultures believed that the smoke from the candles carried their prayers to the heavens.