Baby Shower Prize Ideas That Won't Break the Bank
If you are hosting a baby shower, you know how much fun they are and how much work goes into planning them. One of the key elements to a great baby shower is the games. By playing (sometimes very silly!) games together, guests get to know one another and, more importantly, get into the spirit of welcoming a new baby.
To make the games at the baby shower in your future, spend some time buying and creating terrific prizes. Your guests will leave feeling special and your guest of honor will love you for the effort!
How Many Prizes Should You Plan For?
The first step to preparing your prizes is to determine how many you will need. A good rule of thumb is to have between 4-8 baby shower games or activities during the shower.
That means you will need a minimum of four prizes (one per game) but you should always plan for at least a couple ties or second place winners.
So, for example, if you are planning on having five games, you should have eight prizes on hand, accounting for ties. If you decide to do a second place winner for all games, then plan on 13 prizes. If you end up with extra prizes at the end, you can always have a door prize contest and let the mom-to-be draw names.
It's always better to have more prizes than you need than to not have enough!
Baby Shower Game Prizes
Now that you know roughly how many games you are having, here are some very easy and cost-effective prizes that will make your guests happy.
- Candles These is among my absolute favorite prizes. They are easy, inexpensive, and everyone loves them. Find some unique, delicious-smelling candles, including one big one that everyone will want to win. Dress it up by attaching some pretty mesh fabric, confetti, and a bow to the outside.
- Plants A guest who takes home a plant will remember the baby shower every time they water it. Wrap plants in decorative paper to make it match the theme of the shower.
- Wine It doesn't have to be an expensive bottle or even a well-known label. Wine is a great prize because, just like the candle and the plant, you can dress it up. Even if the winner doesn't drink wine, it is always nice to have a bottle on hand.
- Candy Mug If cost is an issue and you need a lot of prizes, this is the most cost-effective prize. The beauty is that each candy arrangement and mug can be different. Go to a dollar store and pick up some coffee mugs. Stuff them with candy, loose tea, coffee beans, or hot chocolate. Make each one different and you will have a variety of inexpensive prizes. Tip: Candy mugs are great tie-breaker or second place prizes.
Houseplants Are Popular Party Prizes
Baby Shower Prize Presentation
Now that you have some prize ideas, make them beautiful. Clear plastic wrapping makes a party gift look special, or consider any of these presentation ideas:
- Tissue paper
- Curly ribbon
- Baby accessories (rattle, pacifier)