Best Country Music for Your Wedding Ceremony and Reception
Country Music for Your Wedding Ceremony
Are you planning a wedding with a country theme? A country-style wedding can be a lot of fun. Finding the right music can be a challenge sometimes. The song you choose for your wedding ceremony will set the mood of the wedding. Finding the perfect country song to walk down the aisle to can be the most time consuming part of your wedding plan. To help save you some time, I have compiled a list of some of the best love songs that country music has to offer.
You should choose a song with your partner, one that speaks to both of you and the kind of relationship that you have.
Processional Ceremony Music
- Bryan Adams - Everything I Do
- Carrie Underwood - Look at Me
- Carrie Underwood - Because You Love Me
- Clint Black Lisa Hartman - When I Said I Do
- George Strait - I Cross My Heart
- Hunter Hayes - Wanted
- John Michael Montgomery - I Love the Way You Love Me
- Kenny Chesney - You Had Me From Hello
- Lady Antebellum - When You Got A Good Thing
- Rascal Flatts - Bless The Broken Road
- Sammy Kershaw - You Are The Love of My Life
- Sara Evans - I Could Not Ask For More
- Shania Twain - From This Moment On
- Shania Twain - You've Got a Way
- Tracy Byrd - Keeper of the Stars
Fun Music for Your Wedding Recessional
Choosing music for the recessional after your wedding ceremony is probably the most challenging part of selecting the music. Everyone is probably a little emotional after the ceremony they have just witnessed. It's time to get the party started, so you may find playing something a little more upbeat is appropriate for the celebration that is about to begin.
If your wedding party is a fun-loving group, you can have a great time dancing back down the isle to something a little crazy.
I have listed some songs that are fun, as well as appropriate, for that dance back down the isle. Have fun!
Wedding Recessional Music
- Dixie Chicks - Cowboy Take Me Away
- Florida Georgia Line - Cruise
- Hunter Hayes - I Want Crazy
- Kenny Chesney - How Forever Feels
- Josh Turner - Would You Go With Me
- Josh Turner - Why Don't We Just Dance
- Keith Urban - Better Life
- Keith Urban - I Wanna Love Somebody Like You
- Lady Antebellum - Our Kind Of Love
- Sara Evans - Suds In The Bucket
- Sugarland - Stuck Like Glue
- Taylor Swift - Love Story
- Taylor Swift - Our Song
- Tim McGraw - I Like It I Love It
- Tim McGraw - Just To See You Smile
- Wynonna Judd - Testify To Love
Perfect Music for Your First Dance
The first dance as married partners is so special; the song that you dance to should be special as well. The lyrics should be something that speaks to both of you. If you already have a special song that you share, that would be an obvious choice.
Years from now you will look back and remember the song you danced to at your wedding reception. Make sure you choose something that really means something to you.
If you are still searching for just the right song, and nothing has quite caught your attention yet, I have listed some of the best country love songs I could find.
You will know when you hear it if it is "the one," so don't settle for just any song. Make it count.
First Dance Songs
- Bryan White - God Gave Me You
- Anne Murray - Could I Have This Dance
- Brad Paisley - She's Everything
- Brad Paisley - Then
- Brad Paisley - We Danced
- Eric Church - Like Jesus Does
- George Strait - I Cross My Heart
- John Michael Montgomery - I Swear
- Josh Turner - Soulmate
- Josh Turner - To Be Loved By You
- Justin Moore - Til My Last Day
- Keith Urban - Making Memories of Us
- Keith Urban - Only You Can Love Me This Way
- Keith Urban - Your Everything
- Kenny Chesney - Me and You
- Kip Moore - Hey Pretty Girl
- Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance
- Lonestar - Amazed
- Paul Brandt - I Do
- Randy Travis - Forever and Ever Amen
- Rascal Flatts - The Day Before You
- Scotty McCreery - I Love You This Big
- Thompson Square - Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not
- Tim McGraw Faith Hill - It's Your Love
- Tim McGraw - My Best Friend
- Zac Brown Band - Whatever It Is
Learn To Line Dance
The wedding reception is the best part of the wedding. It can be so much fun to let loose and do some dancing. I don't know about you, but I we don't get to dance a whole lot anymore, so I've forgotten how to do a lot of the dances we used to do when we went to country western clubs. When my daughter was getting married, we decided to practice some of the line dances that I knew the DJ would have us do. It sure helped, and we had a blast at the reception.
You can find a lot of "How To" videos at Youtube. I have posted a couple below to get you started. Have fun with it.
Alan Jackson Line Dance Tutorial
Line Dance How-To
Music for the Father/Daughter Dance
The father/daughter dance is a very emotional part of your wedding reception. Finding just the right song for this important moment is not always easy. Your father has protected and loved you since the day you were born, and now he's giving you up to another man. The songs I have found talk about the special relationship you have had with your father as you were growing up. Listen to the words, and find just the right one that speaks to the relationship you and your father have.
A father has a hard time giving up his little girl to someone else. I have always felt like this is the real point during the wedding, that your father actually lets you go. I hope you can find a song among the list that I have provided. There are some very beautiful choices. Enjoy listening.
Songs for the Father Daughter Dance
- Bob Carlisle - Butterfly Kisses
- Chris Cagle - Dance Baby Dance
- Chuck Wicks - Stealing Cinderella
- Darius Rucker - It Won't Be Like This For Long
- Heartland - I Loved Her First
- Kenny Rogers - Handprints on the Wall
- Krystal Keith - Daddy Dance With Me
- Rascal Flatts - My Wish For You
- Stephen Curtis Chapman - Cinderella
- T Carter - Daddy's Little Angel
- Tim McGraw - My Little Girl