75 Best Wedding Songs of All Time
Let me guess, you are probably scrambling the internet to find some pretty awesome tunes to play at your wedding. You're also probably having to click on multiple different articles in order to find songs for each part of your wedding.
Well have no fear, for this list of wedding songs will give you something for every type of moment you'll have at your wedding.
The songs in this list have been compiled have proven themselves as either the most popular, most classic, or just the most well known wedding songs for every aspect of a wedding ceremony.
For When the Bride Walks Down the Aisle
Probably the most important song in any wedding is the song that plays when the bride first makes her entrance and is unveiled to all attendees at the wedding for the first time.
You may choose to go with a classic song, a breathtaking song, or even a new age song. Take your time with picking this song as it is arguably the most important music of a wedding.
- Only You by Joshua Radin
- Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding
- Make You Feel My Love by Adele
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Everything by Michael Buble
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Can't Take My Eyes Off of You by Lauryn Hill
- Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
- Can’t Help Falling In Love by Ingrid Michaelson
- I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
- Moon River by Frank Sinatra
- Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts
- All of Me by John Legend
- Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
Entrance of the Wedding Party
Having the right music playing when the wedding party is making their entrance into the reception is also critical. This can often be tricky as most wedding parties have a variety of tastes.
When you pick the right song for this part of the wedding, your wedding party will give off a positive, exciting energy that all the people in attendance will be able to feel! Choosing the right song here can absolutely make a reception as it sets the tone for the rest of the night.
- With a Little Help From My Friends by The Beatles
- We Found Love by Rihanna and Calvin Harris
- Happy by Pharell Williams
- I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas
- Sugar by Maroon 5
- This is How We Do it by Montell Jordan
- Can't Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake
- A Little Party, Never Killed Nobody by Fergie
- Good Life by Kanye West
- Walk This Way by Run DMC
- You're My Best Friend by Queen
- Bring Em Out by T.I. and Jay-Z
- Love Never Felt So by Michael Jackson
- On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
- Good Life by One Republic
Songs for the Father/Daughter Dance
Choosing the correct music for the father daughter dance certainly needs to involve the bride-to-be. The best way to approach this decision is for the bride to spend some time reflecting on her relationship with her father. Select a song that reflects that relationship.
Traditionally, people gather at a wedding to celebrate love, which is why the father-daughter dance can be one of the most emotional and memorable aspect of the wedding.
- Daughters by John Mayer
- Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
- Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
- My Girl by The Temptations
- Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
- Walk With You by Edward McCain
- My Little Girl by Tim McGraw
- My Wish by Rascal Flatts
- What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
- When You Need Me by Bruce Springsteen
- Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
- Three Little Birds by Bob Marley
- Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel
- I Loved Her First by Heartland
- Unforgettable by Natalie and Nat King Cole
The Couple's First Dance
Here's where the rubber meets the road! The couple's first dance should be to a song that reflects their relationship and love for each other.
Many couples will have "their song" that has always reminded them of their relationship together. If you have a song like this with your partner, it is usually a safe choice to pick that song for your first dance together as husband and wife.
However, not every couple has their own song (and that's ok). If that is you, then we still have you covered. Here are some of the best songs to play for a couple's first dance.
- I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz
- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
- You and Me by Lifehouse
- Die a Happy Man by Thomas Rhett
- At Last by Etta James
- We Have All the Time in the World by Louis Armstrong
- I Knew I Loved You by Savage Garden
- Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Ray
- Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
- Wild Horses by The Rolling Stones
- I'll Be by Edwin McCain
- Better Together by Jack Johnson
- We've Only Just Begun by The Carpenters
- Our Love is Here to Stay by Billie Holiday
- Ours by Taylor Swift
Dance Music for the Reception
The good news here is that you can select a variety of music and don't need to stress about getting "exactly the right song." In fact, you probably should select a variety of music so all your wedding guests will hear something that gets them excited for the party.
Here are some great suggestions for your reception to help get your attendees in the mood to dance. Speak to your DJ about how many songs you should have prepared based on the length of time you expect the reception to last.
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
- Good Feeling by Flo Rida
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston
- Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
- Why Don't We Get Drunk by Jimmy Buffett
- Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest
- Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO
- Loveshack by the B-52's
- Tik Tok by Kesha
- Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
- Shout by Otis Day and the Knights
- Wannabe by The Spice Girls
- Yeah by Usher
- Closer by The Chainsmokers
- We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus
Remember that this is your wedding and although you do want to please your guests, in the end you and your partner are the most important attendees there. Focus on making the two of you happy first and the rest will fall into place.
Don't be afraid to get creative with the music list. Check YouTube for samples of any songs that you are considering, listen to the radio and make notes of any songs you hear that sound about right. Even paying attention to the soundtracks in movies you watch can be a great way to get ideas. Many brides have used soundtracks to famous movies as the song they choose for walking down the isle to, for example. Get creative and have fun with it!
Getting married is supposed to be one of the most memorable days of our lives. Why not have a great soundtrack to go along with it?
Which Song Is the Most Difficult to Choose?
© 2018 Kate Daily